follow ft86club on our
blog
,
twitter
or
facebook
.
User Name
Remember Me?
Password
Register
Garage
Garage
Garages
Help
Community
Calendar
Today's Posts
Search
Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB
>
Search Forums
Search Results
Community Links
Members List
User Tagging Statistics
iTrader
Search Forums
Show Threads
Show Posts
Tag Search
Advanced Search
Go to Page...
Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads
Sign Up
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
4
>
Showing results 1 to 30 of 98
Search took
0.00
seconds.
Search:
Posts Made By:
FirestormFlex
Forum:
Forced Induction
02-12-2017, 08:07 PM
Replies:
42
SBD400X turbocharger
Views:
24,765
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I've had the SBD kit installed for around 20k...
I've had the SBD kit installed for around 20k miles now and I'm extremely happy with it. Over time I've upgraded the clamps to t-bolts and replaced the BOV with a Turbosmart unit that's more...
Forum:
Forced Induction
02-12-2017, 02:07 PM
Replies:
17
Boost Issues on Stock Internals
Views:
11,216
Posted By
FirestormFlex
It's been shown to be quite reliable at...
It's been shown to be quite reliable at reasonable power levels, especially if running E85 for fuel. But the problem in my experience is, 8psi gets boring and you very quickly want more.
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
01-25-2017, 02:26 PM
Replies:
33
Installed ACT SB7-HDSS
Views:
10,538
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I have this clutch - it's easier to manage once...
I have this clutch - it's easier to manage once broken in, but definitely doesnt feel like stock. Like the poster above said, practice and make your movements very deliberate. You'll get used to it.
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
11-26-2016, 08:25 AM
Replies:
21
New Exhaust Incoming
Views:
5,316
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Thanks for that. I ordered the single exit...
Thanks for that. I ordered the single exit exhaust as well as OP/FP combo. 20% off for black Friday on their website!
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
11-25-2016, 06:32 AM
Replies:
21
New Exhaust Incoming
Views:
5,316
Posted By
FirestormFlex
That sounds really nice, better than I thought it...
That sounds really nice, better than I thought it would. I'm close to ordering it to upgrade my turbo setup. Can you post a video of a drive-by? I I'd really appreciate it.
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
11-24-2016, 09:47 AM
Replies:
21
New Exhaust Incoming
Views:
5,316
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I've been looking for a 3" exhaust that's...
I've been looking for a 3" exhaust that's reasonably priced - this looks like a pretty nice option
Forum:
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
11-12-2016, 07:56 AM
Replies:
52
Used 2015 FRS - Should I take this opportunity?
Views:
12,242
Posted By
FirestormFlex
My 2015 makes all kinds of crazy clunks and...
My 2015 makes all kinds of crazy clunks and noises - it's a car you are very connected to as a driver. Once you realize it's not going to blow up, it's part of the charm this car offers lol
Forum:
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
10-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Replies:
337
Lexus F-Sport Instrumental Cluster & STi Performance Concept Display Face
Views:
142,757
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Are installation instructions available anywhere?...
Are installation instructions available anywhere? Just want to see how difficult/time consuming this would be to do on my own.
Forum:
Forced Induction
10-20-2016, 03:57 PM
Replies:
30
Who has bought a header...then Turbo?
Views:
7,498
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I ran Tomei UEL headers and OFT from 3k to 15k...
I ran Tomei UEL headers and OFT from 3k to 15k miles. After that I sold them and made the upgrade to turbo.
Forum:
Forced Induction
10-12-2016, 09:53 AM
Replies:
28
When did you boost and why that time?
Views:
4,354
Posted By
FirestormFlex
At 3k miles I did headers, cat-back, lowering...
At 3k miles I did headers, cat-back, lowering springs, OFT. I got bored again at 15k miles and went bigger - turbo kit, clutch, oil cooler, coilovers, wheels. I pondered waiting until my warranty is...
Forum:
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
10-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Replies:
7
Weather tech mats
Views:
2,674
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I have a set in my 2015 and they are perfect
I have a set in my 2015 and they are perfect
Forum:
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
09-29-2016, 11:52 PM
Replies:
17
Question regarding Hill-start assist control
Views:
10,087
Posted By
FirestormFlex
My mother taught me to drive on a manual...
My mother taught me to drive on a manual transmission 20 years ago and would routinely make me park on the steepest hills we could find and then take off again. This hill new assist stuff is...
Forum:
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
09-29-2016, 11:49 PM
Replies:
43
How fast did you hit 1000 Miles?
Views:
9,114
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I bought my car new in July 2015 and I'm at 24k...
I bought my car new in July 2015 and I'm at 24k miles. I hit 1000 within the first few weeks.
Forum:
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
09-29-2016, 11:47 PM
Replies:
112
Poll:
What Kind of Enthusiast Are You?
Views:
18,840
Posted By
FirestormFlex
This is how I turbocharged my FRS. Lately I've...
This is how I turbocharged my FRS. Lately I've been talking about a Flex Fuel upgrade and some other stuff - I should be good by December. This stuff takes time when you are married LOL!
Forum:
FR-S / BRZ vs....
09-12-2016, 08:36 AM
Replies:
19
BRZ vs McLaren 570S
Views:
6,453
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I drove a buddy's Audi R8 a while back and felt...
I drove a buddy's Audi R8 a while back and felt the same way. The car just wants to "go" - it's a little much for city driving, and a bit annoying to be honest.
Forum:
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
09-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Replies:
12
Car Teaches Driver
Views:
3,426
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Car Teaches Driver
My wife hated my car at first, but has grown to love it. Twisty uphill sections are her favorite, she says it feels like a rollercoaster ride.
Recently on an 8-hr drive, without even looking up...
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
06-04-2016, 05:44 AM
Replies:
36
Deep sounding cat-back to suit catless UEL headers
Views:
21,708
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Magnaflow cat-back had a great beautiful deep...
Magnaflow cat-back had a great beautiful deep rumble when paired with a Tomei header on my car. That sound is the only thing I miss since going turbo.
Forum:
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
05-31-2016, 08:24 AM
Replies:
454
Though I was to old for the FR-S. What's you age....
Views:
113,014
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I just turned 36, I bought my car at 35. When I...
I just turned 36, I bought my car at 35. When I first brought it home and took my wife for a ride, she looked at me and said, "What the hell did you buy? Isn't this a car for like 20-yr olds?"
...
Forum:
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
05-22-2016, 10:15 AM
Replies:
14
BLOCK8HEAD gauge pod?
Views:
5,582
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Mine took just over two weeks and I love it.
Mine took just over two weeks and I love it.
Forum:
Forced Induction
04-24-2016, 11:26 AM
Replies:
23
Lightweight vs OEM flywheel for FI
Views:
25,183
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I think there is some confusion regarding what...
I think there is some confusion regarding what I'm asking here. To clarify the situation and my thought process:
-Car is already turbocharged with all necessary supporting mods including oil...
Forum:
Forced Induction
04-22-2016, 08:02 PM
Replies:
23
Lightweight vs OEM flywheel for FI
Views:
25,183
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Yep - that's exactly why I'm asking - I've read...
Yep - that's exactly why I'm asking - I've read the turbo spool thing on different websites, but I've never actually had me tell me that they did that in practice. I love the way the ACT flywheel...
Forum:
Forced Induction
04-22-2016, 07:39 PM
Replies:
23
Lightweight vs OEM flywheel for FI
Views:
25,183
Posted By
FirestormFlex
I have the same clutch/flywheel setup as you, and...
I have the same clutch/flywheel setup as you, and it's what's been giving me problems. It was perfect for the first 3000 miles, but then began dragging, locking me out of gear at stoplights, as well...
Forum:
Forced Induction
04-22-2016, 06:20 PM
Replies:
23
Lightweight vs OEM flywheel for FI
Views:
25,183
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Lightweight vs OEM flywheel for FI
In anticipation of installing my turbo kit a few months ago, I installed a clutch and at the same time, went with at 12.8lb flywheel. I immediately noticed more response from the engine, quicker...
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
04-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Replies:
8
****sold***
Views:
1,771
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Interested in selling the tablet only?
Interested in selling the tablet only?
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
04-19-2016, 05:16 PM
Replies:
5
ACT clutch dragging/not disengaging
Views:
2,646
Posted By
FirestormFlex
Yep - I'm getting that vibration as well. Also...
Yep - I'm getting that vibration as well. Also finding that the clutch slips badly at takeoff sometimes, and on the highway as well. Definitely not happy to have this happen in only a few thousand...
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
04-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Replies:
5
ACT clutch dragging/not disengaging
Views:
2,646
Posted By
FirestormFlex
ACT clutch dragging/not disengaging
I'm currently running an ACT HD Street clutch (SB7-HDSS) on my turbo FR-S. At first everything was perfect, but after being installed for only a few thousand miles its having issues disengaging. ...
Forum:
BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics
04-06-2016, 04:42 PM
Replies:
176
Preferred downshifting method?
Views:
43,111
Posted By
FirestormFlex
All I know is - I've owned manual transmission...
All I know is - I've owned manual transmission vehicles my entire life - and I drive all of my cars to 100k miles or more. I hold the clutch in at just about every stop light everywhere I go. NEVER...
Forum:
Software Tuning
04-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Replies:
3
OFT and magnets
Views:
1,815
Posted By
FirestormFlex
When logging/flashing with OFT, I always used a...
When logging/flashing with OFT, I always used a Scosche Magic mount with a magnetic plate - never any issues whatsoever.
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
03-31-2016, 05:35 AM
Replies:
6
FS: Perrin Intake Inlet Tube and Perrin Drop-In Air Filter
Views:
2,228
Posted By
FirestormFlex
SOLD!!
SOLD!!
Forum:
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
03-27-2016, 12:18 PM
Replies:
9
FI car - P0300 code, and now hesitation/bogging at higher rpm
Views:
3,699
Posted By
FirestormFlex
All lines were clamped at the time of install. ...
All lines were clamped at the time of install. We will be going back and double checking everything though .
Showing results 1 to 30 of 98
Page 1 of 4
1
2
3
4
>
Forum Jump
User Control Panel
Private Messages
Subscriptions
Who's Online
Search Forums
Forums Home
2nd Gens: GR86 and BRZ
GR86 General Topics (2nd Gen 2022+ Toyota 86)
BRZ Second-Gen (2022+) — General Topics
1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ
Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum
BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics
FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum
Subaru BRZ
FT86CLUB Shared Forum
Member's Car Journals
FR-S / BRZ vs....
Regional Forums
Southern California
Northern California
NY / NJ / CT / PA
Mid-Atlantic
Southeast
New England
Southwest
Arizona
Northwest
Great Lakes
Rocky Mountains / Great Plains
Hawaii
CANADA
Canada Classifieds
EUROPE
AUSTRALIA
Australia Classifieds
Australian Meets & Events
NEW ZEALAND
SOUTH AMERICA / CARRIBEANS
ASIA
MIDDLE EAST
AFRICA
Technical Topics
Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB
Engine, Exhaust, Transmission
Engine Swaps
Forced Induction
Software Tuning
Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)
Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing
Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)
Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)
Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment
DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides
Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting
Marketplace
Commercial Classifieds
Official FT86CLUB Sponsors List
Announcements, Contests, Giveaways
Groupbuys
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Forced Induction
Engine Swap
Transmission and Driveline
Wheels and Tires
Brakes, Suspension, Chassis
Exterior Parts - The Rest
Coating and Customization Services
Exterior Parts - Lighting
Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)
Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV
Cleaning and Detailing
Mechanical Maintenance and Tools
Dealer Cars
Miscellaneous
CANADIAN Sales
Members Classifieds
Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons
Transmission and Driveline
Wheels and Tires
Brakes, Suspension, Chassis
Exterior Parts (Aero, Lighting, Etc.)
Interior Parts (Incl. Lighting)
Audio/Visual, Electronics, Infotainment, NAV
Cleaning and Detailing
Mechanical Maintenance and Tools
Cars for Sale/Trade
Miscellaneous
FT86CLUB Items
Want-To-Buy Requests
User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments
Off-Topic Discussions
Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions
Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]
Site Announcements / Questions / Issues
All times are GMT -4. The time now is
07:04 AM
.
Contact Us
-
Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB
-
Archive
-
Privacy Statement
-
Terms of Service/DMCA Policy
-
Top
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by
Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite)
-
vBulletin Mods & Addons
Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Garage
vBulletin Plugins
by Drive Thru Online, Inc.