follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 11-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Halo 4 players?

Hey guys, anyone here playing Halo 4 and would like to team up?

My Xbox Live username is... DarrenDriven

Duh!
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:37 PM   #2
gmanculb

Drives: Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Xx king pwng xx. Ill be on tonight.

"CulbyJack"
gmanculb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:46 PM   #3
M-17
Ninja Cat Mod

Drives: BRZ
Thanked 6,254 Times in 2,673 Posts
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
I'll be on soon as I pick my copy.

GT = Victorious17

Education is Important, but Race Cars are more Importanter
M-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #4
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
I'll be on prolly around 11pm or so.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:29 PM   #5
gmanculb

Drives: Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Same

"CulbyJack"
gmanculb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
nerds :P

actually tell me how it is....
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #7
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
I played it for the first time last night. It's just like any other evolutionary Halo... a little different, but I like it. Time suck for sure.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I let mine expire, namely just do PC gaming now. However I am still a sucker for Halo so I got it.

Though someone told me there is a pretty cool XBL coop feature in Halo 4. I love coop. Seems tempting because someone said there are new scenarios every week. Replay value has always been the bane of console coop.

Been enjoying campaign so far. Characters are much more 3 dimensional. I like the fact there's no flood. The guns are a bit tit for tat, in that different factions seems to have direct analogues which is kinda lame. They seem to have taken the more interesting level/scenario parts of the trilogy and put them in this game.

(SPOILERS)
So far with the story I am a tad disappointed. They have kinda got all Mass Effect and Assassins Creed on us. (Human DNA was designed to bring us to this exact moment! Great, this shit again...) I am mostly just bitter because there were so many options to explore in the earlier games, and they started pulling the storyline in one direction with Halo 2, only to completely drop the ball and turn everyone into a bunch of tards. Seems to me they just wanted a tie in with the Marathon series and had no plausible way to do it, so they went with the implausible.

Also kinda sad because when talking to a friend and fellow fan of the Halo series, I joking made up a ridiculous storyline about the forerunners wanting to capture MC to clone as a supersoldier and that Halsey was a double agent who facilitated all of this. Well that seems to have been uncannily close to the actual story... I expect my friend to be pissed.
(/SPOILERS)

Anyhow how are y'all liking that Spartan Ops Coop thing?

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #9
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
I let mine expire, namely just do PC gaming now. However I am still a sucker for Halo so I got it.

Though someone told me there is a pretty cool XBL coop feature in Halo 4. I love coop. Seems tempting because someone said there are new scenarios every week. Replay value has always been the bane of console coop.

Been enjoying campaign so far. Characters are much more 3 dimensional. I like the fact there's no flood. The guns are a bit tit for tat, in that different factions seems to have direct analogues which is kinda lame. They seem to have taken the more interesting level/scenario parts of the trilogy and put them in this game.

(SPOILERS)
So far with the story I am a tad disappointed. They have kinda got all Mass Effect and Assassins Creed on us. (Human DNA was designed to bring us to this exact moment! Great, this shit again...) I am mostly just bitter because there were so many options to explore in the earlier games, and they started pulling the storyline in one direction with Halo 2, only to completely drop the ball and turn everyone into a bunch of tards. Seems to me they just wanted a tie in with the Marathon series and had no plausible way to do it, so they went with the implausible.

Also kinda sad because when talking to a friend and fellow fan of the Halo series, I joking made up a ridiculous storyline about the forerunners wanting to capture MC to clone as a supersoldier and that Halsey was a double agent who facilitated all of this. Well that seems to have been uncannily close to the actual story... I expect my friend to be pissed.
(/SPOILERS)

Anyhow how are y'all liking that Spartan Ops Coop thing?
Yeah no.

[spoilers] The Librarian specifically had it planned so that the MC was able to resist being digitized by The Composer. If you've read any of the Forerunner books, you'll know that The Librarian has done this before with a few different people before the Forerunner/Flood war. She implanted what was called a Geas into 2 humans. Basically genetic memories from the Human/Forerunner war that happened prior to the Forerunner/Flood war.

Yes, it's kind of rediculous when you really think hard about it, but the idea was that The Librarian has a way of knowing what needs done x years in advanced to safeguard certain things. In this case it was to safeguard Humanity from the agression and hate of her husband, The Didact. I'm just wondering if this is the original "Ur-Didact" or the imprinted "Bornstellar Didact". [/spoilers]

I personally think they knocked it out of the park. The changes to the UNSC weapon sounds are definitely better. Seems more beefy in every aspect, especially the DMR. And the Mantis......oh god the Mantis. Mad Cat/Timberwolf anyone?

MP is the same bag of cats as far as "Wargames" goes, and Spartan Ops is just awesome, especially since it actually has an associated storyline. [spoiler] I had to stop and go "Oh My God" when the UNSC Infinity pooped out FRIGATES! [/spoiler]

I definitely think this is a positive direction for the series, unlike that idiot from EGM who thought the game needed to be more like Modern Warfare.....
MmmHamSandwich (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmHamSandwich View Post
(SPOILERS)
Very similar thoughts. I was hoping for a run in with a millennia old, rampant Mendicant Bias as a tie-in to Marathon. No, we don't get that. We get this sack of shit storyline seen in a lot of recent games "PRIOR GENETIC PLANNING MAKES THIS MOMENT EXACTLY WHAT IT NEEDS TO BE". My friends and I put it down about halfway through, deciding that we didn't want to play that storyline again.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OrbitalEllipses For This Useful Post:
MmmHamSandwich (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #11
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Very similar thoughts. I was hoping for a run in with a millennia old, rampant Mendicant Bias as a tie-in to Marathon. No, we don't get that. We get this sack of shit storyline seen in a lot of recent games "PRIOR GENETIC PLANNING MAKES THIS MOMENT EXACTLY WHAT IT NEEDS TO BE". My friends and I put it down about halfway through, deciding that we didn't want to play that storyline again.

I'm guessing you didn't read the Terminals in Halo 3? Mendicant Bias was present on Installation 04B and The Ark because the Prophet of Truth's Keyship had him as per the "Contact Harvest" novel. Am I the only one who has read any of the books?
Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
I'm guessing you didn't read the Terminals in Halo 3? Mendicant Bias was present on Installation 04B and The Ark because the Prophet of Truth's Keyship had him as per the "Contact Harvest" novel. Am I the only one who has read any of the books?
I stopped reading around the time Ghosts of Onyx came out. I read the Terminals in Halo 3; both The Didact and The Librarian are present as well as Mendicant Bias (don't remember much of what was said though). I recall SOMETHING about Mendicant Bias and The Covenant now...but still, would have been a GREAT tie-in in my opinion.
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #13
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
I stopped reading around the time Ghosts of Onyx came out. I read the Terminals in Halo 3; both The Didact and The Librarian are present as well as Mendicant Bias (don't remember much of what was said though). I recall SOMETHING about Mendicant Bias and The Covenant now...but still, would have been a GREAT tie-in in my opinion.
Well there are 2 book series that tie in with the game. One is the Forerunner Trilogy by Greg Bear, that explains Forerunner/Flood war events, and a post Covenant/UNSC war series by Karen Traviss that is pre-Halo 4. The pre-Halo 4 helps explain why the Covenant Storm were at Requim and what set-up the Halo 4 events.

Both aren't complete yet and I think they should've been finished prior to the Halo 4 release. The Forerunner Trilogy kind of helps show how the Librarian is capable of setting events into motion, like what led the MC to being resistant to a certain object. Remember, it wasn't the WHOLE human race who was altered, just the genetic stands that lead to the MC.
Old 11-08-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
MmmHamSandwich
You know you want it.

Drives: '13 FR-S
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
(SPOILERS)I just think the whole reasoning of encoding human DNA to just so happen to create things like the MC, his armor, and Cortana all at the same time, and then just so happening to have them run into the Forerunner artifacts in that lifetime, is a stretch to say the least. To me they could have ignore the whole programmed DNA/intelligent design aspect and it wouldn't have affected the story at all. So many forms of media are using this bizarre plot device and it's fast on its way to becoming cliche.
At least things are better than Halo 3, where all the antagonists suddenly had a total change of character and became inept fools.(/SPOILERS)

The weapons are largely more substantial, which is nice. I had a rude awakening with the new sword though. I will say one feature I wish they would add to the game is the ability to weigh the weapons in campaign to a specific set, similar to multiplayer. This would possibly unbalance the game, but that's nothing a point penalty can't fix.

I blew through the first two levels on Heroic and thought "Man this is a lot easier than most of the earlier games." This opinion was later replaced with "Oh god why?"

Is it true there are new scenarios for Spartan ops every week? Wonder how long they will keep that up. Would be awesome if it was for a long time.

The Following User _________ Stay_Puft(09-13-2014)
Says Thank You to
MmmHamSandwich For
This Useful Post:

MmmHamSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote