follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Arizona

User Tag List
JonMotoring

Old 12-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #19545
jeffsides
AZ FRS 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,281 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 134 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to jeffsides
http://instagram.com/p/iSvfsNqQCA/ lol. Awesome!

Sent from ARIZONA86 HQ
chrisbfrs (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 12:46 AM   #19546
chrisbfrs
2012 car of the year

Drives: Frontengine Reardrive-Sportcar
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I saw a Dark Grey Metallic BRZ at Arbys on Val Vista / Baseline so I left a Spotted card. Then I saw a Hot Lava FRS on my way home down Val Vista. 86s everywhere

Sent from my phone
Old 12-24-2013, 01:13 AM   #19547
chrisbfrs
2012 car of the year

I have this intake mod for sale if anyone is interested. 3 inch tube, deletes sound generator. Comes with non oiled air filter. Easy to install.

Sent from my phone
Old 12-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #19548
chrisbfrs
2012 car of the year

Heres pics of the intake mod

Sent from my phone
Attached Images

Old 12-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #19549
Ninjin

Drives: SWP BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
On a relate result I just sent @Ninjin a prototype rom for JDL UEL headers with 91 octane & E85 switchable maps =x We went from a simple test to... hhmmmmm.... (imagine clarkson) POWWWAAAAAAA

^ Me with @Nelsmar's tune.

Seriously, it's awesome. And it makes me think that every other tuner who's worked on JDL headers has been phoning it in. After seeing the capabilities of the ECUtek platform, it's definitely the best tuning solution around. And if I want an OFT style device for managing ROMs and logging, I can get on of these: [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Venue-Pro-Tablet-Windows/dp/B00FEE7B1I/"]Amazon.com: Dell Venue 8 Pro 32 GB Tablet (Windows 8.1): Computers & Accessories[/ame] and load ECUtek on it.
Ninjin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ninjin For This Useful Post:
EZWood (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #19550
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Lol yes! Home brew oft! Haha uber curious how fast that device flashes! And after working with ecutek the custom map shit is awesome can't wait to get that nailed on your car. Lyn is thinking about buying an frs this week :x the ill have another test car and can throw my flex fuel sensor in her car to finish tweaking every part of that adjustment map on yours.

I ended up testing out giving Brent a flex fuel map with the map switch to select ethanol content basically. Then if he were to ever switch in a sensor it would flip over to regular flex fuel. Since he isn't allowed e85 or a flex sensor in his race class it was kind of an "in the middle" approach. And now the map wil directly copy / paste to my car . I'm jelly his actually has been starting... Looks like when my car was tuned it never had a cold crank map created based off ethanol sensor. Fail. -.-
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #19551
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
So I have a question, how much of that map for Ninjin was based off the OFT available E85 maps?

Remember ECUTek cost is what 650 for a single setup now that you can tune where as Openflash is 495 and I obviously have been able to get them cheaper. Nelsmar knows I don't mind it but each has a different market.

The OFT is also fully tuneable by the end user using Tuner Pro or Rom Raider (I have to say after trying both Rom Raider is my choice personally) allowing you to do most anything you could wanting directly for your vehicle and its modifications, provided you know how.

However ECUTek (650) + Tablet (250) is 900 vs less than 500. So the question becomes are the few features that ECUTek has worth 400 vs the OFT which has added most everything in a matter of a few months that people have requested and continues to? Also the Pro vs Race also has its limits so to get full feature use from ECUTek you need the Race version which is another 300.

I have no doubt the OFT will continue to advance as it already has, so for me paying more for a program that may be slightly nicer is ludicrous esp. when compared to HP Tuners Pro which tunes 5 vehicles and allows signal input and is without doubt one of the best known and setup tuning programs all for 650.... compared to ECUTek which is 650 for 1 vehicle and tuning more than one vehicle with it is another story as is some of the advanced features everyone likes. (Want to tune more with HP Tuners it is 49.99 a credit for Ford, GM or Dodge multiple platform support and multivehicle support even with the non-pro version)

I personally dislike ECUTek for that reason alone. I work with other platforms and ECUTek by far takes advantage of its customer base with the rates it charges vs the product it provides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EcuTek View Post
EcuTek are pleased to announce the release of BRZ/FT-86/FRS Tuning Software for retail customers. For the first time, these products allow retail customers to edit their own ROM files using EcuTek Tools...

ProECU BRZ
This software will allow the enthusiast to calibrate, program and data log their vehicle. It will also include the following RaceROM features:
  • Launch Control
  • Flat Foot Shifting
  • Auto Blip
  • Throttle Mapping
  • Per Gear Rev Limits
This software update, known as ProECU BRZ will be released as a FREE update for owners of EcuTek ProECU Programming Kits - available from and supported by EcuTek's Master Tuners.

*** ProECU BRZ is a FREE Product Upgrade ***

RaceROM BRZ
There will also be a product upgrade option available. Known as RaceROM BRZ, this will give you access to all RaceROM BRZ features. This will be available and supported exclusively by EcuTek Master Tuners. RaceROM BRZ will provide the following additional RaceROM features:
  • Four Way Map Switching
  • Custom Maps offering unique functionality:
    • Traction Control
    • FlexFuel tuning
    • Closed Loop Boost Control
  • Speed Density based Engine Calibration
  • High Horsepower Forced Induction Load Limiter Lift
*** RaceROM BRZ will have a suggested retail price of £249 or $399 USD ***

We are in the process of educating our dealer network and have some webinars to do tomorrow. We're going to be busy getting the product ready for launch, but we'll attempt to answer all your questions.

ProECU BRZ will be available for download on Friday 20th December 2013.

RaceROM BRZ will be available at the same time. Contact your Master Tuner to purchase the upgrade.

If you do not yet have an EcuTek ProECU Programming Kit, you can order this from any EcuTek Master Tuner to get ProECU BRZ.

We hope that the release of the product at this time, gives you the chance to explore the software over the Christmas break. We welcome your feedback.

All the best

The Team at EcuTek

Last edited by Cross; 12-24-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
brenesk91 (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #19552
nelsmar

I can type details or show ya in person later. Literally nearly nothing. My first e85 map I did the same thing shiv did with injector scaling etc. My new e85 map is actually flex fuel. It does not touch anything that oft uses. It actually has a table for ethanol content and a fuel modification table specifically altering the final output fuel quantity before the Ecu checks the do to port ratio for actual injection cycle. This way the Ecu still functions normally and you don't have to "hack" a bunch of tables to pretend your using smaller injectors than you are. As may tables refrence eachother this is more ideal. Also data logging is farrow advanced and for higher power speed density is quite desired. I personally will be forced to use speed density for my engine. Which as of current is not widely supported. It will be supported eventually but I would rather use a corporately tested speed density platform first. That and ecutek has been awesome with support with me. I get lengthy emails back in minutes.

When is the next time you are in Phoenix? I can show you a comparison and you can show me what is new in the oft world. Also tuning an additional car you just buy another license. It is acceptable to share cables. So if two people want to go half it's just fine.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #19553
nelsmar

The big deal to me is making new tables which oft doesn't currently have and I realistically don't see it having for some time however I hope to be proven wrong. Not many platforms have this ability and that is a huge deal to me.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:07 PM   #19554
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I can type details or show ya in person later. Literally nearly nothing. My first e85 map I did the same thing shiv did with injector scaling etc. My new e85 map is actually flex fuel. It does not touch anything that oft uses. It actually has a table for ethanol content and a fuel modification table specifically altering the final output fuel quantity before the Ecu checks the do to port ratio for actual injection cycle. This way the Ecu still functions normally and you don't have to "hack" a bunch of tables to pretend your using smaller injectors than you are. As may tables refrence eachother this is more ideal. Also data logging is farrow advanced and for higher power speed density is quite desired. I personally will be forced to use speed density for my engine. Which as of current is not widely supported. It will be supported eventually but I would rather use a corporately tested speed density platform first. That and ecutek has been awesome with support with me. I get lengthy emails back in minutes.

When is the next time you are in Phoenix? I can show you a comparison and you can show me what is new in the oft world. Also tuning an additional car you just buy another license. It is acceptable to share cables. So if two people want to go half it's just fine.
IDK I planned on coming up last weekend and ended up unable to with the Holidays and everything going on. I think its going to be mid January when I can finally make another Pav's meet even though I am really craving some YC's.

We can grab some food and hang out then, I am always into chatting I just had to point out both sides you know I take no offense to it I told you when you messaged me its fine. But I did need to point out the gaps are not as big as has been mentioned. There are differences but its apparent they are making a lot of changes to make provide the features requested.
As pointed out by @Shad0ez I set his Flat Foot Shifting and Launch Control last night via email for him.

I am in no way saying ECUTek is not a great program, I believe it is I just don't like the structure and rates due to my time with other platforms and now OFT. I personally like the OFT not just because I am a Vendor for them but because of the way they treat customers and the price vs provided features. (I looked at others before choosing the Unichip then OFT when they came out) ECUTek is just to much for me to accept, I have the money but wow its almost a turn off if that was my only option and well.. I hate just leaving my car to someone else I want to mess with it even if its minor adjustments in the case of the FRS.
@nelsmar will take great car of ANYONE he helps I have no doubt in that, going to him is an excellent option for local's and I highly encourage it he is a good guy. Anyone thinking about that option really should consider him he will take good care of you and his option may be exactly what you are looking for.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
Shad0ez (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #19555
captain_jack

Drives: '13 raven frs, '10 taco,09 gsxr 600
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:

Ok with all that being said what is the cost of the cable by itself? And on flip side what is the cost of just the license by itself? Just figured id ask the questions to help in this discussion as i am also looking at both platforms for my turbo build.

sent from your mom
captain_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #19556
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_jack View Post
Ok with all that being said what is the cost of the cable by itself? And on flip side what is the cost of just the license by itself? Just figured id ask the questions to help in this discussion as i am also looking at both platforms for my turbo build.

sent from your mom
Common cost is 650-700 for the pair. The more advanced feature set if your self tuning is 300-400 more which if you plan on self tuning your car and are going for higher horsepower you may want. But if using a tuner you may not need that upgraded feature set at all since the tuner can use his own without charge. I can get you a slightly deal on a cable and license if you are wanting them. I was just mostly offering to conver shivs maps to ecutek platform for people that were inbetween what to buy.

When I'm not on my phone i can explain things in more detail or will more than happily answer questions over the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
captain_jack (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #19557
nelsmar

Just as a comparison I have been using my racerom upgrade on Brent's car. He can still edit his maps. I just make sure to keep the important stuff in the maps
He can access. He still has full read / write ability. The e85 logic just isn't viewable to him. He just knows that map 4 will switch fuel quantity by a percent and that his target afr map is still correct. but the rest is still editable. Just like normal
Old 12-24-2013, 06:23 PM   #19558
ineedboost

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Hey guys. I'm in Gilbert and will hopefully be buying an FR-S/BRZ shortly. Just curious, how much does registration cost for these cars?
ineedboost is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arizona, fr-s, mesa, phoenix, scion, tucson, we need a subforum