follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Commercial Classifieds > Forced Induction

View the official forum sponsors list

User Tag List

Old 05-25-2013, 10:27 AM   #71
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobar View Post
Can someone confirm if the 4 maps on this tune are the same settings as the Pumpgas version?
Looks like the Vortech tune from Visconti only has 2 maps actually, so it's not the same as his pumpgas tune.

@Visconti or @Rich@ViscontiTuning - can you comment on how the two maps are configured on your Vortech tune?
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:16 AM   #72
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Looks like the Vortech tune from Visconti only has 2 maps actually, so it's not the same as his pumpgas tune.

@Visconti or @Rich@ViscontiTuning - can you comment on how the two maps are configured on your Vortech tune?
Map 1 is low octane, Map 2 is high octane (I think 91/93 respectively)
Flatfoot shifting is turned on, but it doesn't work very well during boost and I tend to not use it at all
DJCarbine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
Foobar (05-25-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 11:19 AM   #73
Foobar
SLO NO MO

Drives: '19 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Thanked 1,062 Times in 738 Posts
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post
Flatfoot shifting is turned on, but it doesn't work very well during boost and I tend to not use it at all
Thanks bro - I've been on Map 1 mostly and I use 93 octane, so I guess I was robbing myself of some power there.
Foobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #74
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Quote:
Thanks bro - I've been on Map 1 mostly and I use 93 octane, so I guess I was robbing myself of some power there.
The exact wording from Johns email was "Map 1 is for lower octane, Map 2 is for higher octane.

Please create one datalog with pulls in each map."

I can only surmise that this is to satisfy those who can only get 91 octane as well as those who have access to 93 octane
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DJCarbine For This Useful Post:
Foobar (05-25-2013), Sniper2606 (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 02:45 AM   #75
Sniper2606

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visconti View Post
Made you think what?

Why are you so concerned about my other customers orders ?

I already told you the deal about yours earlier this week.

But you continue to give me a hard time about this stuff and try make me look like a bad guy when really all I've done is discount the crap out of all this stuff to give you and everyone else a awesome deal. If you think I suck so much ill issue you a refund and you can buy the kit from someone else.

Like i said before i jumped to conclusion and freak out a bit when he said his order shipped already (which was only the ECUtek) but i assumed otherwise.

Just to clarify, i never said you were a bad guy John, Im very happy with the 15% off you're giving i think its amazing deal .

Im just really stunned by the way you treat your customers by saying "bitching and moaning" wont me make work faster.In my 25 years of living existence i have never been told things like that by any company no matter how pain in the ass i was. But again im not here to tell you how to run your business, just an opinion and observation

I run a Hispanic family owned insurance business for 7 years, if i were to ever say that to one of my customer im pretty sure i be out of business lol

I dont wanna keep arguing about dumb things, like you said its a waste of time.

Anyways sorry for the confusion and misunderstanding, i wont bother you again until i get my kit for data logs

Good day.
Sniper2606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:46 AM   #76
Sniper2606

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCarbine View Post

So just to be safe, if you dont have 93 gas where you live, its safer to run map 1? or you could run map 2 as well to get a bit more power.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:15 PM   #77
DJCarbine
Thupercharged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
So just to be safe, if you dont have 93 gas where you live, its safer to run map 1? or you could run map 2 as well to get a bit more power.
I don't know the specifics of the maps and I will not pretend to, but if you only have access to 91 I would stick to map 1 until you can datalog and send them to john to review.

Maybe Rich or John can chime in
2019 Series.Grey STI - Stage1+ SF
Old 05-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #78
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
In concern to how this goes down:

1: order the kit by paying thru paypal.
You'll get a couple emails back from PayPal and automated John. Save them

2: if you bought a kit with an ecu dongle/cable or injectors or pump you'll get a shipping notification with in a few hours, those are the ecu dongle/cable or injectors/pump shipping out, not the vortech.

3: as soon as you get your Paypal payment confirmation number go to his ticket support system and create a login and submit a request for a base map for your kit. The longer you give him to make your map the better your experience and map will be. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE TO GET YOUR BASE MAP ORDERED.

4: as soon as your tune cable and dongle come in, go to the ecutek website and install the app downloading tool. Install it and proecu on to your laptop. DO NOT WAIT TIL THE LAST MINTUE TO COMPLETE THIS. As problems can occur.

5: refrain your self from emailing, texting, or posting asking questions about where's your vortech kit, it will come, if its over a month then start asking (mine took 30 days.)

6: your supercharger will arrive, in my case I didn't get a shipping notification before it arrived, just a UPS note that I missed delivery. Since there shipped straight from vortech sometimes this will occur.

7: before you start your installation make sure your ducks are in a row, and fire up proecu with the map just to make sure everything is kosher.

8: install the supercharger.

3: profit.

@Visconti is extremely busy, if you follow these steps it should make your install and tune seamless, and enjoyable for all parties concerned.

Last edited by Adeets; 05-27-2013 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Ur mother
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
pheoxs (06-01-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 03:59 PM   #79
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post

Hmmm what was in these emails? I got literally nothing but the email from PayPal saying my payment has been sent. No instructions no confirmation nothing. Eventually I did get a shopping confirmation from my Ecu kit from staples though. I just eventually figured out I had to register and ask for a base map.

Also @Visconti It has been 7 days since I set a PM about a MAF harness. And even longer since the original. Will you have time this week to read through my PMs?
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
Sniper2606 (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 04:38 PM   #80
Sniper2606

Quote:

2: if you bought a kit with an ecu dongle/cable or injectors or pump you'll get a shipping notification with in a few hours, those are the ecu dongle/cable or injectors/pump shipping out, not the vortech.

3: as soon as you get your Paypal payment confirmation number go to his ticket support system and create a login and submit a request for a base map for your kit. The longer you give him to make your map the better your experience and map will be. DO NOT WAIT FOR THE LAST MINUTE TO GET YOUR BASE MAP ORDERED.

4: as soon as your tune cable and dongle come in, go to the ecutek website and install the app downloading tool. Install it and proecu on to your laptop. DO NOT WAIT TIL THE LAST MINTUE TO COMPLETE THIS. As problems can occur.

5: refrain your self from emailing, texting, or posting asking questions about where's your vortech kit, it will come, if its over a month then start asking (mine took 30 days.)

6: your supercharger will arrive, in my case I didn't get a shipping notification before it arrived, just a UPS note that I missed delivery. Since there shipped straight from vortech sometimes this will occur.

7: before you start your installation make sure your ducks are in a row, and fire up proecu with the map just to make sure everything is kosher.

8: install the supercharger.

3: profit.

@Visconti is extremely busy, if you follow these steps it should make your install and tune seamless, and enjoyable for all parties concerned.

Doesn't his ECUtek tune already come with a map?

Im really glad you covered this because i never got any of this info or emails.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2013, 04:47 PM   #81
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper2606 View Post
Doesn't his ECUtek tune already come with a map?

Im really glad you covered this because i never got any of this info or emails.

Thanks
It's not like an access port where it's a slap and go map, everything from your injectors, fuel pump, intake is taken into consideration to create your unique map, and that takes time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adeets For This Useful Post:
Sniper2606 (05-27-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #82
Sniper2606

Quote:
It's not like an access port where it's a slap and go map, everything from your injectors, fuel pump, intake is taken into consideration to create your unique map, and that takes time.

I see, well in that case ill submit a ticket to John with the mods i have.

Thanks again
Old 05-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #83
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
Hmmm what was in these emails? I got literally nothing but the email from PayPal saying my payment has been sent. No instructions no confirmation nothing. Eventually I did get a shopping confirmation from my Ecu kit from staples though. I just eventually figured out I had to register and ask for a base map.

Also @Visconti It has been 7 days since I set a PM about a MAF harness. And even longer since the original. Will you have time this week to read through my PMs?
PayPal confirmation number, then all the emails from service desk. Also if you haven't got your vortech yet, vortech will send the harness with the kit. John didn't make the vortech harness, vortech did. As for him not getting to you, if you consider working days it's only been 4, and he's a over burdened guy.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #84
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
PayPal confirmation number, then all the emails from service desk. Also if you haven't got your vortech yet, vortech will send the harness with the kit. John didn't make the vortech harness, vortech did. As for him not getting to you, if you consider working days it's only been 4, and he's a over burdened guy.
I know he is a busy guy this is why I have been waiting patiently. I however have simply been trying to find out how to purchase the harness. He never mentioned the that it was included in the vortech shipment and directly told me I would not receive one. Afaik my vortech hast shipped and f they supply the harness awesome!
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote