follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #85
MVJ1975
Automatic Hooligan

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I whacked my mirror on one of those idiotic orange barrels that had been left too far out into the road. Fortunately, it didn't do any damage, just folded the mirror in.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7UAyQ83Yg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L7UAyQ83Yg[/ame]
Old 12-05-2012, 03:38 PM   #86
FBaxteR-S

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyt86 View Post
Driving on E for about 100 miles while on a road trip from NM to Seattle. First long trip in the car and wanted to push it and get to know how far E will go. Felt like I was in a Top Gear challenge. It took a lot of drafting and delicate throttle control to make it. Pulled into the gas station on fumes.
Am I the only one who thought he meant Ecstasy at first? I thought this was going to be a very interesting story until the "...gas station on fumes." part.

FBaxteR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:39 PM   #87
vh_supra26
Site Moderator

Drives: Supra
Thanked 2,182 Times in 965 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I went drifting in my Supra after I just got in way back in 05. End result wasn't too pretty. Good thing there was a junkyard near by with a wrecked Supra for parts.
vh_supra26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #88
JayNutter
Banned

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dumbest thing I ever did in my car was sit in the backseat and fit 3 adults in the car. TOTAL FAIL.

This is a car for two people and maybe a baby.
JayNutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #89
dem00n
Member of the year - 2016

Drives: Scion FRS
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipothas View Post
More importantly, why in the hell would you EVER let someone else drive your car?

This has been a pretty entertaining thread to say the least. The only stories that really irk me are the ones that start with "well I know the road so I was going a bit fast...just having fun" etc. Cars are dangerous. People die from this shit. Slow down.

My stupidest moment?

Not really mine, but the passenger in the car with me. I was with my cousin leaving my Aunt's house around Christmas when I was 16 or 17. We were driving down the main road through our town that has a speed limit of 45. I was doing just that in my '01 Saturn SC2 (don't hate) when my cousin decides to rip the e-brake without telling me. I have no idea why he did this. He instantly started laughing, and I began to swerve from the surprise. Car went full 360 into the oncoming traffic lane before I could correct back out of it. Luckily no one was on the road at the time. I had never been so pissed off in my life.
More importantly, why the hell wouldn't you let a friend drive you car?

I'll let my "car" friends drive my car because i know they are good drivers.

In the end of the day, its a car and something that will and can be replaced like any other object in life. Friendships on the other hand and sharing are more valuable, though i treasure my car more then my own life i'll allow my friends to drive it.

To me, it sounds like you have some trust issues or just bad friends. Sounds like that story with your cousin is the reason why you don't let anyone drive your car, can't let one douche bag ruin it all.
dem00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:37 PM   #90
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
i'm paranoid about everything! i believe everyone is out to f**k me!
i think people suck in general,and don't care about anyone else,but around xmas time,
my mood softens,and i open myself to others, and give unselfishly of myself. i know i need help,but am reluctant to pursue it,because i am so selfish!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #91
ipothas

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem00n View Post
More importantly, why the hell wouldn't you let a friend drive you car?

I'll let my "car" friends drive my car because i know they are good drivers.

In the end of the day, its a car and something that will and can be replaced like any other object in life. Friendships on the other hand and sharing are more valuable, though i treasure my car more then my own life i'll allow my friends to drive it.

To me, it sounds like you have some trust issues or just bad friends. Sounds like that story with your cousin is the reason why you don't let anyone drive your car, can't let one douche bag ruin it all.

You make all valid points, good post sir.
I think I just don't have any friends that fall under "car" category lol

2013 Whiteout 6MT
ipothas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 PM   #92
genchigenbutsu

Drives: FRS
Drove my navigation system thru the speedometer cluster.

Stupidest Thing I done in my car ...

FRS does not come with a navi so I bought a garmin and used to place it in front of the speedometer on top of the steering wheel column for easy viewing. I forgot and left it left it there overnight, then the following morning it fell laying flat instead of vertical so I couldn't see it when I dove away. Being a dumb a%$ .. I drive away ..I make a left hand turn and when trying to straighten the wheel, it locks, I force the steering wheel to the right and hear this horrible crushing , shattering god-awful noise. I pull over to discover my navi had jammed the steering wheel, causing me force it into then speedometer.....the godaweful noise was the navis screen shattering into a million pieces =(
The saddest part of the story was , the next day I spent two hour lost trying to find Marina del rey ! LOL !
Attached Images

genchigenbutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to genchigenbutsu For This Useful Post:
nix (12-05-2012)
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #93
nix

Drives: AVO BRZ
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
.....the godaweful noise was the navis screen shattering into a million pieces =(

The saddest part of the story was , the next day I spent two hour lost trying to find Marina del rey ! LOL !

I love that you can laugh about it man, that's a healthy approach to life.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #94
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genchigenbutsu View Post
Stupidest Thing I done in my car ...

FRS does not come with a navi so I bought a garmin and used to place it in front of the speedometer on top of the steering wheel column for easy viewing. I forgot and left it left it there overnight, then the following morning it fell laying flat instead of vertical so I couldn't see it when I dove away. Being a dumb a%$ .. I drive away ..I make a left hand turn and when trying to straighten the wheel, it locks, I force the steering wheel to the right and hear this horrible crushing , shattering god-awful noise. I pull over to discover my navi had jammed the steering wheel, causing me force it into then speedometer.....the godaweful noise was the navis screen shattering into a million pieces =(
bit of a foul up i'd say! you delivered a rather "crushing" blow!
it's what ya get when ya don't "think beyond ya nose" i know! i been there!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:49 AM   #95
genchigenbutsu

Drives: FRS
LOL ! crushed both the navi and my ego in one single swooop !
genchigenbutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #96
Mickeyt86

Drives: FR-S Asphalt M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBaxteR-S View Post
Am I the only one who thought he meant Ecstasy at first? I thought this was going to be a very interesting story until the "...gas station on fumes." part.

Bahaha that was funny! I didn't realize how that sounded.