follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #29
showbe
Banned

Drives: A nice one
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbkk View Post
I'm someone who's actually owned a Megan product. You never said you knew people who owned their products, just that you've read a bunch of reviews. Not quite the same thing. As for online reviews, I take them with a grain of salt. Most people who leave reviews weren't happy with the product, so obviously reviews can be skewed. I prefer first hand reviews from people I know or trust.
My last post even states that in the first sentence. What is up with people who cant read? I have said I know people who have owned it and met other people who have. Not everyone has a good experience. Not everyone hated it but most of the people I know with the parts dont like it. So why would I risk that when I can afford real shit. I am not going to waste my time in purchasing a product with mixed reviews when I can get it done right the first time.

I have actually had to help my friend once when his fucking suspension gave out on him. You really think I want to risk that and risk whoever else I am driving. That could be a potential law suit against me if I ever get someone hurt. This is a car your talking about not a computer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom86 View Post
Thanks for wasting your time, everything you wrote here is all "IVE HEARD". Get back to me when you actually decide to buy their product and actually use it. I've been in the car scene since 1994 and ive modded my cars with the best of them using parts from american muscle, euros and JDM. Ive used parts that are so freaking expensive that it was a joke in the end of owning them cuz the counter parts were as good or even better. I've owned parts from Megan from their suspension, exhaust setup, etc since the day they came on the scene and yeah some parts dont fit correct and they've fixed those issues. Do you actually think someone who copies another product just makes a mold and sells it or reproduce a product without testing it? You see companies from china copying other products even cars, do you think they just make those and not test it? My family owns a few car dealership in the philippines and one is called FOTON which is a Chinese company which makes copies of Isuzu and i can tell for a fact that its the parts from the cars we sell are from Isuzu which Isuzu sold to FOTON to make their cars. And they test those cars just like any other car. also its total BS what you said about car parts and phone, if i handed you a phone made from china i will bet that you will care.. Ive owned the phones since the first cell phones came out which you had to carry in a bag and attach the antenna to the window of your car then when motorola rolled with with their first brick phone to the latest smartphone out there and also owned a Vertu phone, great quality but in the end i would rather own a cheap smartphone.. if you dont know what Vertu is look it up!
For someone thats been around for so long you really need to learn how to use paragraphs. Didnt even read after a couple sentences.

Maybe you should read my posts before you go assuming crap. I have LOTS of friends who have used Megans and met a lot of people who have used Megans them selves and most have told me to stay away from it. Mixed reviews but most of them told me not to buy their products because its basically a gamble. So why in the hell would I even risk doing that if I can afford to get a REAL product without having to take a chance.

If I cant afford something it will only take me less then a week to get what I want. I run my own company with my family and I make a really comfortable wage. Just because you had a good experience with them doesnt mean other people do.

And if a lot of people tell me to not buy from a company for a reason and I research it on google also finding out similar stories then I will listen to my friends not 1 out of 10 people who have a good experience from a company that obviously has mixed reviews. Their is a reason why people would go out of their way to review a company. Only stubborn people would even bother buying from a company like that. If you can afford something nice then why even bother. I am not poor so I can buy my shit if I wanted to. Why even support a knock off company.

If I can find the article I read also that talks about how companies like them put people out of business who actually do the proper R&D I will post it. But I choose not to support a company like that because I dont believe in how that company operates. My family and I own our own company. And we put a lot of time/effort into it. If someone copied us and took our business I would not be fucking happy. So you have to put your self in their shoes. If you spent lots of money on a product then had someone copy it exactly. Then no one buys yours and you go out of business because of that would you be happy? I dont think so.
showbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:18 PM   #30
kmbkk
First 86 Driver Baby!

Drives: FR-S, Flex
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Obviously you're the one who can't read. Yes you said you knew someone who owned Megan parts, but that was AFTER my original post.
kmbkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #31
Le86

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
No need to bite each other's heads off. Everyone has their personal opinion and I can respect that. I've had good experiences with Megan products and some haven't. It can't be helped.

If you can afford "quality" products then by all means! More power to ya! I, for one, am a pretty price conscious consumer so yes, I took a risk by buying Megan products but in the end, I have no regrets. They all turned out great for their purpose (street driving, light track duty).

Let's not turn this forum into Zilvia now.
TAP Auto Parts (11-08-2012)
Old 10-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #32
phenom86

Drives: Scion FRS Asphalt
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by showbe View Post
For someone thats been around for so long you really need to learn how to use paragraphs. Didnt even read after a couple sentences.

Maybe you should read my posts before you go assuming crap. I have LOTS of friends who have used Megans and met a lot of people who have used Megans them selves and most have told me to stay away from it. Mixed reviews but most of them told me not to buy their products because its basically a gamble. So why in the hell would I even risk doing that if I can afford to get a REAL product without having to take a chance.

If I cant afford something it will only take me less then a week to get what I want. I run my own company with my family and I make a really comfortable wage. Just because you had a good experience with them doesnt mean other people do.

And if a lot of people tell me to not buy from a company for a reason and I research it on google also finding out similar stories then I will listen to my friends not 1 out of 10 people who have a good experience from a company that obviously has mixed reviews. Their is a reason why people would go out of their way to review a company. Only stubborn people would even bother buying from a company like that. If you can afford something nice then why even bother. I am not poor so I can buy my shit if I wanted to. Why even support a knock off company.

If I can find the article I read also that talks about how companies like them put people out of business who actually do the proper R&D I will post it. But I choose not to support a company like that because I dont believe in how that company operates. My family and I own our own company. And we put a lot of time/effort into it. If someone copied us and took our business I would not be fucking happy. So you have to put your self in their shoes. If you spent lots of money on a product then had someone copy it exactly. Then no one buys yours and you go out of business because of that would you be happy? I dont think so.
I didnt know that we had to be proper when we post on here, but after reading your proper paragraphs your the type of person who lives by reviews before doing anything, i bet you have a coffee table full of consumer digest.

What type of business do you own? You said, you and your family own a company and you wouldnt be happy if someone copied you. Are you the original company that provide that kind of service, if not then you copied someone else. Is the products you sell from the original makers?

Being a business owner you should watch what you say about another person's business. Unless you invented something and made money from it then your business isnt an original, your just another knock off company with a different name.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:00 PM   #33
showbe
Banned

Drives: A nice one
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbkk View Post
Obviously you're the one who can't read. Yes you said you knew someone who owned Megan parts, but that was AFTER my original post.
Ok? So what do you want me to do? You want me to give you my whole life story while I am at it? Instead you just assumed that I didnt own any parts or know anyone, then I told you. So is that not enough? Point is I still said it that I knew people and have talked to people before about it. Which doesnt make any sort of difference what so ever. If people say the company isnt great then people will think that. This is from people at meets and these are friends who have had parts fail while driving. And of course any smart person would check out more stories online at places like honda tech of people having similar things happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenom86 View Post
I didnt know that we had to be proper when we post on here, but after reading your proper paragraphs your the type of person who lives by reviews before doing anything, i bet you have a coffee table full of consumer digest.

What type of business do you own? You said, you and your family own a company and you wouldnt be happy if someone copied you. Are you the original company that provide that kind of service, if not then you copied someone else. Is the products you sell from the original makers?

Being a business owner you should watch what you say about another person's business. Unless you invented something and made money from it then your business isnt an original, your just another knock off company with a different name.
No one said you had be to proper on the forums but when I never attacked you in the first place then you attack me because I dont share the same views as you thats just immature. You say youve been around for how long? I really doubt it with the way you act because you act like a kid who doesnt get what he wants. Arguing the fact that Megan is a good company when anyone with a brain can see that they have mixed reviews. Then talking and assuming things about me acting like you even have an idea of what I do at my business in real life when you dont know anything about me.

Also who are you to just talk about what I know? If you even bother to read then you would see that knowing people who own such parts is enough for me to judge a company. If you dont like my opinion then I dont care. You are talking about me just going off reviews and having no first hand experience on a company that has OK parts. Like I said earlier why in the hell would I want to buy parts from a company with questionable practices/quality when I can afford things from the companies they copy from. Even knowing people who have owned things from them then having to help them my self because of their shit failing.

It doesnt take a genius to see that their parts arent always great after stuff like that. I own plenty of parts from nice companies. And I can tell you they are great. Maybe I dont own any Megan parts but maybe its because I dont need to buy fake crap unlike you. I have had plenty of friends and heard from lots of people at meets that I should avoid them, Also along with the fact that my friends suspension went to shit not too long after he bought them... If I am going to spend more then a grand on something then why wouldnt I check out reviews before buying it. It is called being smart and safe. The last thing I would want is to buy something then find out its junk, like the Airaid intake for example.

Both of you can enjoy being on my ignore list because I am not going to continue this just because you dont share the same views as me and just assume crap half the time, then argue about it just because of that. You dont know me and I dont know you. My business is original, we didnt copy from anyone and thats all you need to know. Dont go picking a fight just because someone doesnt share the same views as you. If someone can afford real stuff then why would they even think twice from purchasing from a company like Megan. Just because I dont own anything from them doesnt mean I dont know people who have owned things from them. It doesnt make my opinion shit just because of that. They told me to not buy it and a lot of other people did also. Doing a quick google search after shows even more people who share the same opinion also. For every 10 bad reviews you see one good review. Try it your self for once since you obviously dont do that and like to go buy things blind.

Anyways...

This isnt the article I was talking about but my friend showed me this and this is a perfect example of why people shouldnt support a knock off brand. If you decide to support knock offs good for you. But it is frowned upon by many people in the scene. Dont believe me? I dont care because I have heard it tons of times at meets. Seriously its not going to kill you to save up a little longer for a nice quality part instead of buying a bunch of knock off crap that has a chance of failing and doing more damage. Also supporting people that will eventually put the reputable business out of commission. Lots of companies go under because of bad companies like them.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...e-hks-usa.aspx

Tons of other articles also about similar things happening to real well known respected companies.

This thread talks about safety
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0612...s/viewall.html
showbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #34
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
^ There are a lot of 'reputable' companies that are pretty much the same as Megan, especially when it comes to exhausts.

It's a robotically welded exhaust that is probably flash chrome plated to make it shiny and will sound mediocre.

They're not exactly killing an exhaust industry that has shown itself to be innovative or creative. Look at all the single inlet/dual out suitcase systems out there. There are few quality exceptions available.

And even the companies that do extensive sound, power and durability testing with good American-sourced material and craftsmanship, such as Nameless, get passed over because they don't look like 'Brand X' or have their stuff sponsoring a flashy drift car.

Megan isn't copying the innovators, they're just doing the same lazy un-creative designs as the majority.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:10 AM   #35
phenom86

Drives: Scion FRS Asphalt
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by showbe View Post
No one said you had be to proper on the forums but when I never attacked you in the first place then you attack me because I dont share the same views as you thats just immature. You say youve been around for how long? I really doubt it with the way you act because you act like a kid who doesnt get what he wants. Arguing the fact that Megan is a good company when anyone with a brain can see that they have mixed reviews. Then talking and assuming things about me acting like you even have an idea of what I do at my business in real life when you dont know anything about me.

I dont need to know who you are, and i dont care for you to know who i am. Acting like a kid is different from explaining my point

Also who are you to just talk about what I know? If you even bother to read then you would see that knowing people who own such parts is enough for me to judge a company. If you dont like my opinion then I dont care. You are talking about me just going off reviews and having no first hand experience on a company that has OK parts. Like I said earlier why in the hell would I want to buy parts from a company with questionable practices/quality when I can afford things from the companies they copy from. Even knowing people who have owned things from them then having to help them my self because of their shit failing.

Just because you "hear" from someone that copied parts didnt fit or is garbage.. do you even consider that sometimes someone didnt install it correctly, even certified techs who had worked on cars for year can make mistake specially when they get a new product that they've never installed before. Then when the owner gets the car they immediately consider it garbage.

It doesnt take a genius to see that their parts arent always great after stuff like that. I own plenty of parts from nice companies. And I can tell you they are great. Maybe I dont own any Megan parts but maybe its because I dont need to buy fake crap unlike you. I have had plenty of friends and heard from lots of people at meets that I should avoid them, Also along with the fact that my friends suspension went to shit not too long after he bought them... If I am going to spend more then a grand on something then why wouldnt I check out reviews before buying it. It is called being smart and safe. The last thing I would want is to buy something then find out its junk, like the Airaid intake for example.

Your making it seem that these guys reproduced an ECU for the car, its an exhaust system. Your telling me that they copied someone exhaust and its no good cus its copied. Have you done your research and noticed that most of these guys selling their exhaust is like the other. Plus if you noticed that Airaid did ALOT of R&D on their system and at the end on a stock engine it doesnt do a thing but did you ever think that once you tune your car its actually better than the drop in so what gave you the right to call their system junk. Again cuz you heard..

Both of you can enjoy being on my ignore list because I am not going to continue this just because you dont share the same views as me and just assume crap half the time, then argue about it just because of that. You dont know me and I dont know you. My business is original, we didnt copy from anyone and thats all you need to know. Dont go picking a fight just because someone doesnt share the same views as you. If someone can afford real stuff then why would they even think twice from purchasing from a company like Megan. Just because I dont own anything from them doesnt mean I dont know people who have owned things from them. It doesnt make my opinion shit just because of that. They told me to not buy it and a lot of other people did also. Doing a quick google search after shows even more people who share the same opinion also. For every 10 bad reviews you see one good review. Try it your self for once since you obviously dont do that and like to go buy things blind.

Dont you worry about us being in your ignore, actually i added kmbkk onto my friends list.. like you said you have your views and so do we and honestly its not only me and kmbkk that think your close minded. Why did you even buy this car, cuz you READ that its a bargin car and it got a good rating and you WANTED to have what all the writers and testers said was a great car?
Just like everything else out there once someone doesnt like it they post something bad about it and give it a bad rep but would you EVER see someone who never had an issue brag about it online?

Anyways...

This isnt the article I was talking about but my friend showed me this and this is a perfect example of why people shouldnt support a knock off brand. If you decide to support knock offs good for you. But it is frowned upon by many people in the scene. Dont believe me? I dont care because I have heard it tons of times at meets. Seriously its not going to kill you to save up a little longer for a nice quality part instead of buying a bunch of knock off crap that has a chance of failing and doing more damage. Also supporting people that will eventually put the reputable business out of commission. Lots of companies go under because of bad companies like them.

Again why buy someone because of the name when a company who can make it cheaper and perform the same is a smarter decision. You sound like a douche when you said " But it is frowned upon by many people in the scene. Dont believe me? I dont care because I have heard it tons of times at meets." Are you one of those guys who live at the meets cuz its the only way for you to be with the "IN" crowd? I bet you had a hard on when watching Fast and Furious... Really "the people in the scene"? Do you not think that Megan has been in the scene? Companies that go under because people out there find the exact item for alot cheaper like people buying on eBay or you dont buy on there cuz your local parts store will go out of business. Also i dont need to save up a little longer cuz if i want to buy something i want i buy it that same day, dont need to save my lunch money unlike yourself.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...e-hks-usa.aspx

Tons of other articles also about similar things happening to real well known respected companies.

This thread talks about safety
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/0612...s/viewall.html

An article from 2006?? really?? do you not think that these companies have done their testing and fixed the issues that people have been complaining about?

Why even get on this forum when you post dumb things.. ive seen all your post you've started and from the looks of it your a child asking stupid questions and get straighten by someone on the forum.. specially the last post you just posted about HKS leaving the US cuz of knock offs... BWAHAHAHA!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #36
Opposed

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Remember when this thread was about pics and specs of an exhaust that came out for our cars??? Yea, we have fun...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Opposed For This Useful Post:
kmbkk (10-29-2012), Vegas Racing (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #37
Vegas Racing

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
WOW! I just want to read about parts. Calm down everyone LOL

has anyone installed this megan stuff yet? any reviews?
Vegas Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:27 PM   #38
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Racing View Post
WOW! I just want to read about parts. Calm down everyone LOL

has anyone installed this megan stuff yet? any reviews?
And that's why you bumped half-year old thread?
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote