follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 06-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #57
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A.T.G.A.T.T!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 PM   #58
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechaghost View Post
Always buy your first bike used so you don't cry over the scratches when you lay your bike down. Plus you really don't know what you want in a bike until you start riding it for at least 1 season.

Oh and always wear proper gear!

After my accident, I put my bike in the garage and haven't been in there since. My poor baby... Between a friend and I, we probably had 150 hours into that thing. He did a lot of the work, but it's still heart breaking.

Here's some crappy cell phone pics of my scoots. The 1st shot is a photo of the one day when both were running AND ride-able @ the same time... We did have to stop for a road-side repair though. Rotor cover came off lol.

And in the White Spars here in AZ. Mines the one with the gallon of oil strapped to it... My bike had way less power than any of the other guys', but I was the 1st one up (and down) the mountain. Sounds like a certain car we all know...

-Matt C
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 03:11 PM   #59
hyper4mance

Drives: 13 BRZ, 97 e36 M3 Rides: '07 600RR
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
sweet rides vivid, sorry to hear about the accident.

OP: Good choice in taking MSF. I know so many people who haven't taken it nor tool around with insurance... mind boggling why they cant spend $500 and just be smart about it. Me personally, I started on the same bike I have currently '07 600RR and I stayed within my means when learning. It is so true what they say when you graduate from MSF... "You only have a license to learn how to ride." Just be smart and safe - stay within what you can handle. Always assume people don't see you, because I've gotten cut off sooooooo many times before. If you want to go stupid fast and have tons of fun, take it to the track! I'm still painting my race fairings and hopefully I'll get a cooler day in the fall.
hyper4mance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 05:34 PM   #60
vividracing

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Thanked 1,065 Times in 617 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyper4mance View Post
sweet rides vivid, sorry to hear about the accident.

OP: Good choice in taking MSF. I know so many people who haven't taken it nor tool around with insurance... mind boggling why they cant spend $500 and just be smart about it. Me personally, I started on the same bike I have currently '07 600RR and I stayed within my means when learning. It is so true what they say when you graduate from MSF... "You only have a license to learn how to ride." Just be smart and safe - stay within what you can handle. Always assume people don't see you, because I've gotten cut off sooooooo many times before. If you want to go stupid fast and have tons of fun, take it to the track! I'm still painting my race fairings and hopefully I'll get a cooler day in the fall.

Thanks! I never did the MSF courses, but I've been on 2 wheels since I was 11 yrs old and my recent accident was my 1st one. Not bad imo. For new riders, the MSF is great. +1 on assuming every can't see you. I go one step further and ride like everyone on the road is actively trying to murder me.

On the subject of drivers trying to kill you... Don't get angry when someone almost hits you and get aggressive with them. People WILL use their car as a weapon. I haven't had this happen to me personally, and I attribute it to the fact that I know when to pick my battles and the fact that I usually open-carry a handgun but I've had friends tell me about how they confronted a driver that cut them off/pulled in front of them/flicked a cigarette in their face/whatever and that person tried to hit them with their car. I've only confronted 1 person for almost hitting me, and it was because he was already trying to use the size of his Durango to push me into the median so he could get into my lane. I was in right next to his open drivers window, and I know he saw me. I confronted him at a red light once we were both stopped and he tried to fight me, so I rode off. I don't need to get an assault charge because some moron thinks he's a tough guy. The best part was that most cars around us were yelling at him to get back in his car, calling him names, and a bunch of cars even blocked him from making his turn once the light went green. I rode away laughing.
vividracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:56 AM   #61
GenkiElite

Drives: 91 Corolla (dd) S14 (daily drifter)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I want to see the pic about 4 seconds after this of them sliding off into oblivion. Look that front wheel!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post

GenkiElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:41 AM   #62
ultramarinefrs

Drives: CBR 600 RR
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenkiElite View Post
I want to see the pic about 4 seconds after this of them sliding off into oblivion. Look that front wheel!
My guess on this one is that he eased up on the throttle, regained traction and ended up as a high-side. Bikes are a blast! I have a 05 CBR 600RR and a 99 CBR 600 F4, both my wife and I ride. In my opinion track days should be a mandatory requirement to maintain your licence. The amount of experience you gain in one day is HUGE! I made my wife go on the track 2 weeks after getting on the bike for the first time, as a result she can keep up with the best street riders. To anyone who has a bike and hasn't taken it on the track yet; please do yourself a favor, you will thank me for it.

I already scheduled my FRS to go on the track July 30 for the same reason.
ultramarinefrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:33 AM   #63
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,965 Times in 11,387 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenkiElite View Post
Yea, also neither of them are dressed properly for regular riding, never mind doing aggressive riding like is pictured here. Guy in front, nobody to blame but himself. I feel sorry for his passenger, who probably didn't know better.
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote