follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 05-31-2012, 07:02 PM   #1
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Drives: FR-S No More
Thanked 3,186 Times in 1,091 Posts
Mentioned: 300 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
NW Tint Shop Directory

NW TINT SHOP DIRECTORY
Have you gotten your windows tinted? Reply to this topic with the shop name, location, price and your overall review. This will help our other members choose a suitable location for themselves.

Need to know how dark is legal? Check out tintlaws.com.

PORTLAND AREA

Reply to this topic with your suggestion/review and I will add it here.

503 Motoring (Portland)
5703 SW Arctic Dr
503-469-9821

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDriven
Stephanie answered the phone in a chipper manner and quickly quoted $205 for any darkness of tint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blu_ View Post
503 motoring does very good work but is often more expensive.
Quote:
They did a clear bra for me once I was very happy with. They also use arguably the best detail/paint correction guy in town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERRIN_ADAM View Post
I've used 503 Motoring for years and always been REALLY happy with the tint work, warranty and service. Ask for Tim or Stefani!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chen View Post
I paid 180 for mine at 503 motoring.

Alexia's Window Tinting (Beaverton)
12855 SW Beaverdam Rd
503-671-9615

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockysnail View Post
I went to Alexia's in Beaverton and I think it was $180. I've always taken my car there and have never had a problem with their work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrzRacer View Post
Alexia's it is! Can't beat 180 and Beaverton is close to where I live! Win, Win!

Autobella (Portland)
2046 NE MLK Jr Blvd
503-335-6969

Quote:
No answer at 4pm, I left a message and Tom returned it at 7:45am the next day. $245 for Solarguard tint, a day out for scheduling and about four hours to complete the job. The funny thing is that he mentioned that he went online to research the car before quoting the price and discovered this forum topic, haha.

Elite Window Tinting (Portland)
14200 SE McLoughlin Blvd Unit K / 503-786-1020
12115 Southeast 82nd Ave / 503-659-8468

Quote:
Nathan answered and was friendly, but misquoted the price at first. After I balked at the $300+ price, he corrected his mistake and told me it would be $179-$299 depending on the "quality of tint". The entry-level tint would be $179 and would carry no warranty against fading or purpling. The 3M tint would be $299 and warrantied.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_assassin View Post
I've had 6 cars done by Elite over the years and they do a top notch job. I had 2 cars done at the McLaughlin Ave location and 4 cars done at the 82nd Ave location. I always have them do the 3M Color Stable film which is higher end stuff and they charge $300 for the FR-S in this film unless you can prove your a returning customer then they'll give a discount. I think I got them down to $270.

They did break my 3rd brake light and being mine was the first they had done I can understand. I took the brake light in to show Zach (82nd location) and he said he wasn't sure they did it but he would "fix" it. I was kind of surprised they didn't just own up to it and offer to replace the part, especially since I've spent a couple thousand dollars with them.

I would highly recommend this shop even though they failed me on the brake light. I say take it to the McLaughlin location and boycot the 82nd ave location. Not many people carry the 3M line of film and IMO it's the best.

FR Auto Enhancements
7320 SW Bonita Rd, Tigard OR
503-729-8548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_ninja View Post
Got tinted here by recommendation, and all I can say is Davy did an awesome job! Would drive down 3 hours again just to get tint from here!! Paid $150 for 20% during special group buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dvipercop View Post
Got my tint done at FR Auto Enhancements by Fred. Great guy to deal with and an awesome price (group buy special). I would definitely go here again even if I had to pay full price. In fact, my wife wants to get her SUV done there now after seeing how good of a job he did on my BRZ. So we'll be heading back there in the near future. Fred said that he does graphics as well, so I'll also be getting my roof done with gloss black vinyl soon. Overall, it was a great experience with friendly staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog360 View Post
Also got my tint done at FR Auto Enhancements. It was a great price and experience. The finished product looks great, and it's reassuring to know that the man tinting the car has over 18 years experience and has done over 60 BRZ/FRS's. Thinking about doing a clearbra there in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Wouldn't have really given this shop a second thought if it wasn't for Darren, given that it is on the other side of town for me. I'm glad that I went there. Davy is super friendly and very skilled. I will be a return customer with my next car. I have already referred a friend there and would recommend Davy and Fred to anyone looking for a high quality job at a very attractive price.

Highline Customs (Beaverton)
14209 NW Science Park Dr
503-644-4442

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otterbrawten View Post
I had my windows tinted today at Highline Customs in Beaverton. The car looks great! Awesome service and they use the highest quality material. No after issues with the taillight or the rear deck, and they even taped my window controls and turned on the automatic lock for the windows. Did you know that this prevents the window up-down thing that happens when you open/close the door? Good to use for freezing weather. $175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanskeezy View Post
Good service. Knowledgeable staff. Would recommend this shop to others. I was charged $225 tho. Meh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstar View Post
$175 at Highline? I paid $195 there and that was after they gave me a $30 discount for rescheduling. Oh well, they did a great job and took very good care of the car. Plus I got to meet tech4pdx there and check out his FRS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehapaone View Post
Got mine tinted at Highline Customs was a great experience although they only accepted cash under the table for 25% tint with no receipt...Also I got a pass to the columbia employee store from them and got myself a rain jacket, some shorts, and some sunglasses all for 50% off retail. I payed I think $225 which is a little on the higher end but it looks good
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Natural View Post
I got quoted $225 for tint at Hi Line Customs in Beaverton...

Le Car Window Tinting (Portland)
7622 SE Foster
503-251-8228

Quote:
They use a computer controlled tint cutting system and the FR-S is not in their system yet. He says most coupes are $150-175, but without having the car in the system he can't say for sure.

Musicar NW (Portland)
2524 SE 8th Ave
503-419-4655

Quote:
This place showed up on Google Maps, so I gave them a call. The employee sounded surprised that someone called regarding tint, then even more surprised that his tinting guy was in the building. I got the impression that they don't do much tinting (I could have just looked at the business name, I guess) and my call came out of the blue. The tint guy got on the phone and when I told him which car he quoted $215. It was only after I got off the phone that I think his comment about "that little two-door Scion" was about the IQ and not the FR-S.

NW Auto Spa (Portland)
1610 NW Couch St
503-284-1323

Quote:
No answer, left a message. Google pulled them up for window tinting, but their website doesn't mention it.

Tommy's Window Tinting (Portland)
915 SE 12th
503-963-8468

Quote:
I've have friends that have gone here and it was my first stop. The girl at the counter squinted at the FR-S through the window and asked me if I meant that I wanted to get my tint removed. It has no tint on it. Then she blurted out $225 without even bothering to get off of her chair. I left in disgust.
Quote:
Tommy's did a fine job on my STi 3 years ago, but I can see your story happening there. I remember the girl and that attitude matched what I remember.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZPDX View Post
I go to Tommy's, 20% tint cash only, about $~200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-PDX View Post
I have had two other cars done at Tommy's and they are pros.
One of them was a Vette with very hard angles on the back glass and they nailed it. Very high standards.
Been in biz a long time.

Ultimate Window Tinting (Vancouver)
6900 NE Hwy 99
360-695-4444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragua007 View Post
... I took my car in and they're very knowledgeable about the multiple products they offer and were very easy to work with. My car was done in about 4 hours and the tint looks great, I'm really happy with the end product three weeks later. My buddy also took his Honda there and is really happy with the work they've done.

Window Tint King (Portland)
725 SE 166th Pl
503-969-1129

Quote:
No answer, left a voicemail for a return call. I think I called this guy a few years ago and he operates a mobile service out of his home. I'll update this if I get a call back from him. UPDATE: It took a couple days, but he finally called back with a quote of $199 with a lifetime warranty using ummm... Syntec Platinum, I think it was? Not sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peace_noel View Post
I had my window tint over here... after see others' price. I was little overpriced. Pad $230.00.

SEATTLE/TACOMA AREA

Accutint (Bellevue)
12003 NE 12st St Suite 74
425-213-1060
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
got my clearbra and tint done here. 699 for the clearbra, + 499 to do the full hood (i got a discount) and then tint was 280 for carbon and 340 for ceramic.

Jay's Tint Shop (Kirkland)
12409 NE 124th St
425-825-5560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akari View Post
Jay's Tint Shop in Kirkland does the best work I've found.

Nick the Tint Guy (Puyallup)
14706 Meridian Ave E #56
253-229-9000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiud View Post
Nick the Tint Guy in Puyallup did a great job on mine, and I think a fair amount of other owners on this forum have taken their cars to him. I got an 18% ceramic tint on sides and rear, he did a fantastic job and it was only $200.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93cc View Post
he did a great job on my Alltrac
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwy23 View Post
Nick just tinted my BRZ today. Great guy! Really like his attention to detail and that he's a car guy. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to everyone I know.

Prestige Window Tinting (Lynnwood)
2006 196th St Sw Ste 104
425-712-8353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
got my speed 3 done here and sent countless others for flawless tint jobs at a reasonable price

Skyline Tint Shop (Lynnwood)
15111 Hwy 99
206-992-5370
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanaticalz View Post
Skyline Tint Shop in Lynnwood does really good work. Extremely honest and they care about the quality of work.

VanCour's (Puyallup)
13813 Meridian Ave E
253-848-6331
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayte View Post
Vancours in Puyallup does amazing work for a great price. They will fix any bubbling issues or anything if they do arise. I have had three cars tinted by them and all three turned out beautiful. If I remember correctly, mine was $260 for all the windows tinted to 18% (Except the front windshield of course :P). They do the professional way of tinting by overlaying the tint and filing down any excess to make a perfect fitment to the window.

OTHER OREGON AREAS

Trifer Auto Glass & Window Tint (Eugene)
1387 Pacific Hwy W
541-461-7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdxc43 View Post
Hmmm, I got quoted 250 at Tristan's

OTHER WASHINGTON AREAS

Auto Tint Northwest (Lacey)
2633 Willamette Dr. Ste G
360-878-7376 / autotintnw.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayJesus View Post
These guys did a fantastic job on my car, and they're right down the street from my house. I think it was about $251 with some decent ceramic tint, 35% on the doors and 20% in the rear.

VTR Performance (Everett)
406 SE Everett Mall Way
425-267-9797
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTR Performance
We tint them for $199.00, but if they mention the forum we take $20.00 off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goke186 View Post
...does a great job tinting. I am extremely satisfied with the work that was done, and recommend VTR for tinting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete156 View Post
...did a fabulous job on my BRZ. 20% Bronze looks amazing with bronze wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxer_boy View Post
I would recommend VTR in Everett. I have had a couple cars tinted there in past and Wayne does great work. I will be taking the BRZ there next week to get it done.

Last edited by DarrenDriven; 03-28-2014 at 03:22 PM.
DarrenDriven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DarrenDriven For This Useful Post:
blu_ (05-31-2012), Fascist Fish (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #2
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
503 motoring does very good work but is often more expensive.

http://www.503motoring.com/

Also autobella, which is prolly a bit cheaper.

http://www.autobellausa.com/

Tommy's did a fine job on my STi 3 years ago, but I can see your story happening there. I remember the girl and that attitude matched what I remember.

Last edited by blu_; 06-02-2012 at 03:08 AM.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:20 PM   #3
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
Called them up. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:40 PM   #4
blu_

Drives: SWP BRZ LTD
That is pretty damn cheap for 503.

I don't know anything about Suntek which they use according to their website..

They did a clear bra for me once I was very happy with. They also use arguably the best detail/paint correction guy in town.
blu_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:18 AM   #5
PERRIN_ADAM

Drives: 2013 BR-Z
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I've used 503 Motoring for years and always been REALLY happy with the tint work, warranty and service. Ask for Tim or Stefani!
PERRIN_ADAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:04 AM   #6
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
I ended up driving up to Tacoma today and got 260 miles closer to my break-in.

My old friends Eric and Chong at Fastlane tinted the car for me. 20% all around.

Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #7
Chen
Regional Moderator

Drives: 13' ZN6 / 00' AP1 / 20' A90/ 15 EVO
Thanked 1,275 Times in 854 Posts
Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
503 motoring

Anybody have any experience with them? I'm getting tint added by them on Wednesday and was curious if I should reconsider. Also what % tint would you all recommend?
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #8
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
How much are they charging you? I did 20% all the way around on my Asphalt, but it's illegal. You gotta stay 35% or lighter if you want to keep the law off your back.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #9
digital_assassin

Drives: 2013 FR-S Matte Orange
Mentioned: 168 Post(s)
I've had 6 cars done by Elite over the years and they do a top notch job. I had 2 cars done at the McLaughlin Ave location and 4 cars done at the 82nd Ave location. I always have them do the 3M Color Stable film which is higher end stuff and they charge $300 for the FR-S in this film unless you can prove your a returning customer then they'll give a discount. I think I got them down to $270.

They did break my 3rd brake light and being mine was the first they had done I can understand. I took the brake light in to show Zach (82nd location) and he said he wasn't sure they did it but he would "fix" it. I was kind of surprised they didn't just own up to it and offer to replace the part, especially since I've spent a couple thousand dollars with them.

I would highly recommend this shop even though they failed me on the brake light. I say take it to the McLaughlin location and boycot the 82nd ave location. Not many people carry the 3M line of film and IMO it's the best.
digital_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 01:41 PM   #10
DarrenDriven
NW Region Moderator

Garage
Added your personal notes to the first post for future reference.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #11
Chen
Regional Moderator

Drives: 13' ZN6 / 00' AP1 / 20' A90/ 15 EVO
Thanked 1,275 Times in 854 Posts
Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenDriven View Post
How much are they charging you? I did 20% all the way around on my Asphalt, but it's illegal. You gotta stay 35% or lighter if you want to keep the law off your back.
Thanks for putting that together. For some reason the search feature didn't pull it up. but I get quoted the 205 that was mentioned above. I may just go 35% but may go a tad lighter. Just for getting pulled over sake. After I get this done. Ill be back with my review and experience with them.
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:32 AM   #12
Alexis

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Manual Gray
It's 541, not 503 (yeah yeah I know, move out of the sticks)...but I had mine done at Trifer in Eugene on Hwy 99N, 35% and it looks fantastic. THey're pretty much to go-to people around here for tinting. The BRZ looks even more bitchin' now
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
Cade01

Drives: '13 White FR-S, 09 Triumph St.3 R
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I will be looking for a place to get two of our cars done in Eugene sometime soon. Is Darkside not doing tint anymore? I've had good luck with them before.
Cade01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #14
Alexis

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited Manual Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade01 View Post
I will be looking for a place to get two of our cars done in Eugene sometime soon. Is Darkside not doing tint anymore? I've had good luck with them before.
I think they still are too. I haven't gone to them but sounds like they do a good job as well, not sure of the price comparison. But Trifer did a great job on the ones I've seen and on mine, looks awesome Highly recommended.
Alexis is offline   Reply With Quote