follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2015, 10:42 AM   #323
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
Its one of those things that when you look at it you are like "....oh!". You are like me and when something isn't in front of you, you want to know exactly how it goes on and end up over analyzing it

If you look back to @erok81 post you can see how each line is ran to each spot to give a general idea of where they go.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=258
Dude I always do that, it's annoying even to myself lol. I literally put things together in my head, then end up saying "that's was easy" yeah shoot after I spent a week not sleeping over it
Old 07-07-2015, 10:48 AM   #324
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Its one of those things that when you look at it you are like "....oh!". You are like me and when something isn't in front of you, you want to know exactly how it goes on and end up over analyzing it

If you look back to @erok81 post you can see how each line is ran to each spot to give a general idea of where they go.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...&postcount=258
That is one way to run it:

I preferred to run the coolant lines down off the turbo and then ran them together over to the driver side frame rail and the one heads to the back of the motor and the other goes kind of behind the A/C compressor and under the intake into the fitting on the coolant jacket on top of the motor. This keeps them hidden, but my FBM kit came with quite a bit of hose to allow that to happen. You can kind of make them out on the driver side frame rail in this shot:

Old 07-07-2015, 10:51 AM   #325
xxscaxx

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
I preferred to run the coolant lines down off the turbo and then ran them together over to the driver side frame rail and the one heads to the back of the motor and the other goes kind of behind the A/C compressor and under the intake into the fitting on the coolant jacket on top of the motor. This keeps them hidden, but my FBM kit came with quite a bit of hose to allow that to happen. You can kind of make them out on the driver side frame rail in this shot:
This is exactly how i ran mine actually. I only quoted that other picture because the lines aren't hidden and kind of "show" where they hook up to, to help Yomny get a visual lol.

This is not a great pic but you can see the two coolant lines if you look closely on the bottom right near the block, swooping up towards the frame rail.

xxscaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxscaxx For This Useful Post:
yomny (07-07-2015)
Old 07-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #326
yomny

Quote:
This is exactly how i ran mine actually. I only quoted that other picture because the lines aren't hidden and kind of "show" where they hook up to, to help Yomny get a visual lol.

This is not a great pic but you can see the two coolant lines if you look closely on the bottom right near the block, swooping up towards the frame rail.

You'll need extra hose for the one under the TB or will the supplied be enough? Another question, does JDL send the Garret with a fitting on the comp housing for boost reference?
Old 07-07-2015, 11:13 AM   #327
erok81

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
They provide a good length of hose. The rear one is the right length but the front I had to cut. It was too long. I fixed mine so one of them is hidden now.

And my GTX didn't have a port for boost reference. But I fixed that with a drill, tap, and barbed fitting.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to erok81 For This Useful Post:
yomny (07-07-2015)
Old 07-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #328
yomny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
They provide a good length of hose. The rear one is the right length but the front I had to cut. It was too long. I fixed mine so one of them is hidden now.

And my GTX didn't have a port for boost reference. But I fixed that with a drill, tap, and barbed fitting.
Thanks, I was wondering because a buddy asked them yesterday and they said it comes with it. Not sure if it's a little added bonus now @JDLAutoDesign is throwing in as it's clear we all need it.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:41 AM   #329
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Thanks, I was wondering because a buddy asked them yesterday and they said it comes with it. Not sure if it's a little added bonus now @JDLAutoDesign is throwing in as it's clear we all need it.
I actually didn't cut either line, its a little long but depending on how you route it, it may be ok for the front line. The rear is good.

As far as the housing like KingTut said, the Garrett turbos don't have a boost port, you need to drill and tap it. Mention to Ronnie and they will drill and tap a hole for you. They did for me I also was provided a fitting but it was for an AN fitting since I converted everything to AN. I'm sure they could get you a barbed fitting though. If not thats an easy pickup locally.

also you can always do something like this too if you don't want to drill into the housing:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=BCS
Old 07-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #330
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Dem ballers and their AN fittings and SS lines for a measly 15 psi, haha.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:46 AM   #331
yomny

Quote:
I actually didn't cut either line, its a little long but depending on how you route it, it may be ok for the front line. The rear is good.

As far as the housing like KingTut said, the Garrett turbos don't have a boost port, you need to drill and tap it. Mention to Ronnie and they will drill and tap a hole for you. They did for me I also was provided a fitting but it was for an AN fitting since I converted everything to AN. I'm sure they could get you a barbed fitting though. If not thats an easy pickup locally.

also you can always do something like this too if you don't want to drill into the housing:

http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=BCS
That's awesome, the things you could do are endless lol. Thanks
Old 07-07-2015, 11:49 AM   #332
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
That's awesome, the things you could do are endless lol. Thanks
No problem. That thing actually works well too, I used it on an old setup on my STi. I think I still have it somewhere actually attached to a random coupler, lol.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #333
JDLAutoDesign

Drives: 13 FRS
Thanked 1,437 Times in 652 Posts
Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:

Exactly how we do it. I know I mentioned that route to you. Its also in the install guide. Im currently updating the guide as we have made some small changes.

The reason we give lots of hose it to go under and route it away from the heat of the downpipe/manifold. Here is a shot of how we did @nelsmars lines

JDLAutoDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDLAutoDesign For This Useful Post:
xxscaxx (07-07-2015)
Old 07-07-2015, 12:12 PM   #334
xxscaxx

Gah, I wish more than anything I could run an intake like that right off my compressor housing. Sigh.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:26 PM   #335
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Gah, I wish more than anything I could run an intake like that right off my compressor housing. Sigh.
I am no longer doing this on my car... I have it reduced down significantly so that way I could attach my AOS to the intake and get a bit of vacuum. It did make things simpler / cleaner when I was just running a filter though :P
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 01:28 PM   #336
xxscaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
I am no longer doing this on my car... I have it reduced down significantly so that way I could attach my AOS to the intake and get a bit of vacuum. It did make things simpler / cleaner when I was just running a filter though :P
yeah thats how I basically have mine...I mean I don't mind the intake pipe, I just hate how the filter is buried in between the ABS and washer fluid neck.

Looks way cleaner with just the filter, and also "balances" it better. With the piping and crap it makes everything look "off center" to me. I'm weird I know

Side Note: How you liking that 30r with the .63 hotside?