follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2014, 03:49 PM   #323
Pitman
Living the dream

Drives: Fensport AVO Turbo GT86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbsunc View Post
The simple question was how much did you spend on your build. You would be surprised how many shops do the same exact thing toni did. Fail in their attempts but try to open under another name. It is not abnormal by any means and if you were to look into other shops you would find some of the same stuff. I am not protecting nor accusing anyone. Its pointless you and his actions have made everyone hate him you won. So now you can move on to a thread that isn't about just bashing and talking shit behind the keyboard. I'm not here to start a fight but me as well as many other members have seat by watching countless thread after thread of bitch fits. What is the difference between all the people who come in your thread talking shit about FA20club and lexus saying he was taken care of by them? They had many happy customers by far more then have been complaining. Shit happens man do I think it should have taken 11 months to do your car no but is Fa20club the only shop that has ever dont this no. I understand how you think I am bias because I am running the kit. Makes since when ppl are being defensive. In all actuality though im just another member in the community that is tired of these pointless threads.
You aren't 'Toni' posting by any chance are you? Your grammar and spelling are about on equal par with his, and neither of your last two posts in this thread actually make any logical sense, or add value at all.

And you have the cheek to talk about fan-boys!
Pitman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pitman For This Useful Post:
Dipstik-sportech (03-10-2014), teamturbo (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #324
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeMotoring View Post
The carillo's for these cars are pricey and there are not many options in the carillo/cp catalogue. he paid about going rate for quality parts. Usually Carillo offers different variations of their rod sets but only have one for the FRS at the current moment.

The real questions is, is there really Carillo/CP's in there. I pray for @Frs300 there is.

So far looking at his car, the heads were definitely assembled improperly causing the noises it makes.

We'll get really into it this week since we had some projects that had to be finished first.
He has Pauter rods. Part of the price difference was applied to other work that was done since Carillo rods were on back order.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #325
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
He has Pauter rods. Part of the price difference was applied to other work that was done since Carillo rods were on back order.
That is correct
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 04:32 PM   #326
PrimeMotoring

Drives: FRS with 2jz, 2015 STI 9.68@147
Mentioned: 151 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
At that point if we had pulled the motor apart and saw pauters we wouldnt be too upset about it lol....more of a pleasant surprise. Pauters are sweet
PrimeMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PrimeMotoring For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #327
nelsmar

Just to clear things up I know both sides of the story. I have spent endless hours on the phone with Brandon & Toni and others. I went way out of my way and wasted a ton of my own personal time attempting to mend issues between them.

Here are some facts:

Yes Toni fucked up.
Yes Toni gave Brandon some free stuff.
Yes Toni didn't bill Brandon for every bit of labor done.
Yes Toni charged full price for parts when this was his first build (personally I cringe at this)
Yes Brandon failed to communicate with Toni a number of times. He had problems with his cell phone and other bits and he didn't even talk to Toni for a while.
Yes Brandon's wife got involved and talked to Toni multiple times.
Yes Brandon should have communicated his frustration earlier. Toni felt he was helping brandon out. But this does not make things right
Yes Toni rushed putting the car together to just send it back as that is what the mob requested.
Yes Toni removed parts from the car to offset what Brandon had not paid for that he was doing for "free".
Yes it looks like Toni may have been prototyping on Brandon's car. (I forget what Toni's answer to this was).
Yes Toni is absolutely horrible with estimates.
Yes Toni sucks with shipping
Yes Toni sucks to get ahold of at times
Toni actually offered to chip in to have a shop tear the motor down at one point as he thought something may be wrong. After he decided he found the fix he changed his mind and took the offer back.
Yes Toni was giving refunds to people after everything rolled out like this.
Yes Toni was attempting to fix tunes from vehicles that had the plagued mapping issues that destroyed my engine.

I haven't read this whole thread and haven't been keeping up with everything the past week or so. I got involved in attempting got get everyones problems with Toni resolved.

I wasted way too much time for no reason attempting to get everyones car re-tuned and help out. I spent endless time talking to Brandon and Toni attempting to find middle ground where they were both happy. After things went down he deep end Toni gave up said fuck it and wanted to wash his hands of his involvement with the car. When he shipped it back he stripped what he no longer felt Brandon paid for and put in the minimal he could to get it running (such as the fuel system that was swapped out). It looks like Toni did in fact tune it at one point as the flash count has been increased since Brandon had possession of the car. However I have no idea if it was completed as there was no dyno plot and Toni removed the tune as Brandon hadn't paid for it and he just gave him a basemap to unload the vehicle. This however was not communicated to brandon.

I know both sides of the story and am tired of dealing with Toni I have gone well over what was needed and tried to help him in many many ways even though he admitted his tune was at fault for my engine failure. Even then I didn't ask for anything and asked him to simply fix tunes. He offered to help me out and buy me a few parts to finish my build which was great. I could afford the parts on my own but figured fuck it if he wants to try to be a good person and show that he cares ill take him on his offer. After 30+ days of pestering asking where the gasket kit he had on the shelf was I got fed up. Over a 3 day span I called multiple times, texted, left voicemail (both business and personal lines) and even called him while at the dealer buying gaskets. Funny thing was 3 days later (on a monday) he finally shipped me some gaskets. The number of hours I spent attempting to get ahold of him for a "free gasket kit" cost me more in billable hours at work. So I lost time, money, and just gained frustration. He actually did send me a clutch (I had one, but i needed a stronger one and it was not crucial to getting my vehicle running) and I even offered to send it back to him.

I tried to help everyone out but at this point its time to just forget about Toni and move on. If Toni cant take the time out of his day to package up a gasket kit that he said he had on the shelf and ship it to me in 30 days... and can only send it AFTER I purchase a month later in an attempt to mend a bad situation then why would he ever have incentive to ship to customers? Why even bother offering? Even better Toni called fedex and reversed the package the day of delivery and requested it be sent back to him because he heard I was talking shit behind his back after I spent all this time trying to clean up his mess. I wasn't trying to sell his product, or make him out to be a better person but just help him clean up the issues he had at hand. What a fucking joke. I can afford some gaskets... But time is not something I can afford.

So you can all defend Toni as much as you want but after the last conversation I had with him and him lying to me about "screenshots" of conversations of me talking shit behind his back from the weeks prior he can fuck off. I even emailed him the actual screenshots of the conversations from that week showing that I wasn't saying the things he said I was saying, and showing him that his "screenshots" were bullshit. He lied to my face, wasted my time, and spit in my face when I attempted to help his ass out even after he fucked up my car.

Shit I would have been a happy camper if I simply got a phone call from Toni and got a simple apology after everything that happened but he was too little of a man to do that.

So lets stop defending him, stock attacking him, move on with our lives. I know I sure as fuck don't want any involvement with him because me being involved in a positive or negative way with Toni has simply made my day to day life more aggravating and wasted endless hours of my time. The number of hours wasted just to be told I was a backstabbing bastard when I was trying to do the entire community a favor is a fucking joke.

Lexus should be able to back up my statements he knows the whole story. Just move on folks its not worth bickering about at this point. He isn't on the forums and is being involved less an endless with us daily. Time to pack our shit up and move on with our lives.

Sorry for the long rant... I just keep getting my name mentioned in involvements with Toni and in reality after the previous phone call I had with Toni he can just fuck him self.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (03-10-2014), Brody602 (03-10-2014), Enalband24 (03-09-2016), Marchy (03-26-2014), Mikem53 (03-10-2014), onefitz (03-10-2014), PineappleFriedRice (03-10-2014), Pitman (03-10-2014), Ryan P (03-10-2014), SirBrass (03-10-2014), SkAsphalt (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:35 PM   #328
nelsmar

TL;DR version:

Brandon has dealt with this shit enough. Bickering about it endlessly is just going to give him more frustration in his day to day life. Lets just get his car running so he can smile for the first time in 12 months and move on.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (03-10-2014), onefitz (03-10-2014), SirBrass (03-10-2014), SkAsphalt (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:40 PM   #329
Ryan P

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
'Just move on' , thank you.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Ryan P is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan P For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #330
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Garage
Sounds good to me. I'm in this thread for the teardown pics and teardown/rebuild story from Prime.

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirBrass For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (03-10-2014), PineappleFriedRice (03-10-2014), Ryan P (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #331
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
Sounds good to me. I'm in this thread for the teardown pics and teardown/rebuild story from Prime.

they will make a new one soon enough
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Frs300 For This Useful Post:
Luckrider (03-10-2014), PineappleFriedRice (03-10-2014), SirBrass (03-10-2014), sklimo (03-11-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #332
nelsmar

Sweet, cant wait to see it going
The Following User Says Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 06:12 PM   #333
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
Just to clear things up I know both sides of the story. I have spent endless hours on the phone with Brandon & Toni and others. I went way out of my way and wasted a ton of my own personal time attempting to mend issues between them.

Here are some facts:

Yes Toni fucked up.
Yes Toni gave Brandon some free stuff.
Yes Toni didn't bill Brandon for every bit of labor done.
Yes Toni charged full price for parts when this was his first build (personally I cringe at this)
Yes Brandon failed to communicate with Toni a number of times. He had problems with his cell phone and other bits and he didn't even talk to Toni for a while.
Yes Brandon's wife got involved and talked to Toni multiple times.
Yes Brandon should have communicated his frustration earlier. Toni felt he was helping brandon out. But this does not make things right
Yes Toni rushed putting the car together to just send it back as that is what the mob requested.
Yes Toni removed parts from the car to offset what Brandon had not paid for that he was doing for "free".
Yes it looks like Toni may have been prototyping on Brandon's car. (I forget what Toni's answer to this was).
Yes Toni is absolutely horrible with estimates.
Yes Toni sucks with shipping
Yes Toni sucks to get ahold of at times
Toni actually offered to chip in to have a shop tear the motor down at one point as he thought something may be wrong. After he decided he found the fix he changed his mind and took the offer back.
Yes Toni was giving refunds to people after everything rolled out like this.
Yes Toni was attempting to fix tunes from vehicles that had the plagued mapping issues that destroyed my engine.

I haven't read this whole thread and haven't been keeping up with everything the past week or so. I got involved in attempting got get everyones problems with Toni resolved.

I wasted way too much time for no reason attempting to get everyones car re-tuned and help out. I spent endless time talking to Brandon and Toni attempting to find middle ground where they were both happy. After things went down he deep end Toni gave up said fuck it and wanted to wash his hands of his involvement with the car. When he shipped it back he stripped what he no longer felt Brandon paid for and put in the minimal he could to get it running (such as the fuel system that was swapped out). It looks like Toni did in fact tune it at one point as the flash count has been increased since Brandon had possession of the car. However I have no idea if it was completed as there was no dyno plot and Toni removed the tune as Brandon hadn't paid for it and he just gave him a basemap to unload the vehicle. This however was not communicated to brandon.

I know both sides of the story and am tired of dealing with Toni I have gone well over what was needed and tried to help him in many many ways even though he admitted his tune was at fault for my engine failure. Even then I didn't ask for anything and asked him to simply fix tunes. He offered to help me out and buy me a few parts to finish my build which was great. I could afford the parts on my own but figured fuck it if he wants to try to be a good person and show that he cares ill take him on his offer. After 30+ days of pestering asking where the gasket kit he had on the shelf was I got fed up. Over a 3 day span I called multiple times, texted, left voicemail (both business and personal lines) and even called him while at the dealer buying gaskets. Funny thing was 3 days later (on a monday) he finally shipped me some gaskets. The number of hours I spent attempting to get ahold of him for a "free gasket kit" cost me more in billable hours at work. So I lost time, money, and just gained frustration. He actually did send me a clutch (I had one, but i needed a stronger one and it was not crucial to getting my vehicle running) and I even offered to send it back to him.

I tried to help everyone out but at this point its time to just forget about Toni and move on. If Toni cant take the time out of his day to package up a gasket kit that he said he had on the shelf and ship it to me in 30 days... and can only send it AFTER I purchase a month later in an attempt to mend a bad situation then why would he ever have incentive to ship to customers? Why even bother offering? Even better Toni called fedex and reversed the package the day of delivery and requested it be sent back to him because he heard I was talking shit behind his back after I spent all this time trying to clean up his mess. I wasn't trying to sell his product, or make him out to be a better person but just help him clean up the issues he had at hand. What a fucking joke. I can afford some gaskets... But time is not something I can afford.

So you can all defend Toni as much as you want but after the last conversation I had with him and him lying to me about "screenshots" of conversations of me talking shit behind his back from the weeks prior he can fuck off. I even emailed him the actual screenshots of the conversations from that week showing that I wasn't saying the things he said I was saying, and showing him that his "screenshots" were bullshit. He lied to my face, wasted my time, and spit in my face when I attempted to help his ass out even after he fucked up my car.

Shit I would have been a happy camper if I simply got a phone call from Toni and got a simple apology after everything that happened but he was too little of a man to do that.

So lets stop defending him, stock attacking him, move on with our lives. I know I sure as fuck don't want any involvement with him because me being involved in a positive or negative way with Toni has simply made my day to day life more aggravating and wasted endless hours of my time. The number of hours wasted just to be told I was a backstabbing bastard when I was trying to do the entire community a favor is a fucking joke.

Lexus should be able to back up my statements he knows the whole story. Just move on folks its not worth bickering about at this point. He isn't on the forums and is being involved less an endless with us daily. Time to pack our shit up and move on with our lives.

Sorry for the long rant... I just keep getting my name mentioned in involvements with Toni and in reality after the previous phone call I had with Toni he can just fuck him self.
agreed. we both know the full story and lets leave it at that!. also i agree to move on and make a new thread about prime and his car and stop this finally
lexusb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #334
bgibbsunc

Drives: Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
TL;DR version:

Brandon has dealt with this shit enough. Bickering about it endlessly is just going to give him more frustration in his day to day life. Lets just get his car running so he can smile for the first time in 12 months and move on.
Wow thought Id never hear anyone else say just move on.

FA20 club 60 trim + flex fuel
467 whp 356 ft lbs @ 19 lbs
Owner of Sidewinders Auto LLC.
San Antonio TX
bgibbsunc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bgibbsunc For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 01:50 AM   #335
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgibbsunc View Post
Wow thought Id never hear anyone else say just move on.
If you knew the # of emails, text, voicemails, phone calls etc I have done involving all of this you would be sick for a week. Its just not worth it. Hell I texted Toni today to tell him a package he sent me is at fedex and that he needs to call and claim it. I want no involvement, and don't want to hear about it any more. Life is too short, and I don't have time for this shit. Im a busy person that works 100 minimal hours a week. Its time to move on. I dumped the 10k into my car to get it "almost" running again, just as brandon is doing. Toni knows where I stand (even though he doesn't believe me), brandon and brandon both know where I stand.

I just want to forget about it all and pretend I never dealt with any of it, and I recommend @Frs300 does the same and never looks back. Cmon man I've been there with ya for a while now. Fuck this shit lets build some fucking cars.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
lexusb3 (03-11-2014), Mikem53 (03-11-2014), PineappleFriedRice (03-11-2014), Pitman (03-11-2014), Sportsguy83 (03-11-2014)
Old 03-11-2014, 01:54 AM   #336
lexusb3
Banned

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Quote:
If you knew the # of emails, text, voicemails, phone calls etc I have done involving all of this you would be sick for a week. Its just not worth it. Hell I texted Toni today to tell him a package he sent me is at fedex and that he needs to call and claim it. I want no involvement, and don't want to hear about it any more. Life is too short, and I don't have time for this shit. Im a busy person that works 100 minimal hours a week. Its time to move on. I dumped the 10k into my car to get it "almost" running again, just as brandon is doing. Toni knows where I stand (even though he doesn't believe me), brandon and brandon both know where I stand.

I just want to forget about it all and pretend I never dealt with any of it, and I recommend @Frs300 does the same and never looks back. Cmon man I've been there with ya for a while now. Fuck this shit lets build some fucking cars.
With that being said tx2k15 I will be expecting frs300
And you to be there so we run our built cars and look back and laugh hahahah.
lexusb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lexusb3 For This Useful Post:
bgibbsunc (03-11-2014)

Tags
ban lexusb3, dude where's my clutch!!, fa20club, fa20crap, fashitstorm, goodguyprime, happy ending, i am sofa king we todd it, lexusb3 is toni, looks good!, shithappenscontinuously, stolen skid plates., toni, toniiswhack, unbelievable!