follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-26-2014, 11:26 PM   #127
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
If its not clear Nelsmar has a specific dislike for the OFT although he loves to say otherwise and tell everyone how much he sells for them etc. Lets recap some of the fun he spoke of but didn't really show.
When he spoke of Shiv not showing the true gains of his header this was the reply Shiv gave which suddenly was better suited to his questions but he is still beating the same horse because it suits his needs.

So its clear Nelsmar is not a fan of Shiv's he believes Shiv got John Visconti Banned...

Either way take a look for yourself.

lol I love how you keep posting this.

Yes I called shiv out, and he eventually responded in the Arizona thread but conveniently not in his own with a dyno. It sure looks like he posted a dyno to gain sales in his header thread. But like I said this should be discussed in a new thread not one about OFT vs Ecutek. I do not like shiv for his sales tactics. I have tried to deal with him personally a number of times, and i always felt frustrated with the fact both him and his employee kept telling me to talk to the other person.
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
nelsmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:35 PM   #128
nelsmar

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I am sad you posted this before I did.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 AM   #129
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
lol I love how you keep posting this.

Yes I called shiv out, and he eventually responded in the Arizona thread but conveniently not in his own with a dyno. It sure looks like he posted a dyno to gain sales in his header thread. But like I said this should be discussed in a new thread not one about OFT vs Ecutek. I do not like shiv for his sales tactics. I have tried to deal with him personally a number of times, and i always felt frustrated with the fact both him and his employee kept telling me to talk to the other person.
Keep posting "this"? You made a comment yet it was addressed and you were happy with the answer... then suddenly you post about it again because you suddenly are not happy again... Yes how strange I would point out a pattern.

However if you were referring to my explanation of your insinuations that Shiv would magically get you banned due to your personal belief that he got JV banned... even Shiv replied to it but then changed his mind and edited his chuckle at it and getting himself banned too.
I just put it into open context so everyone understood your insinuations.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:23 AM   #130
nelsmar

Quote:
Keep posting "this"? You made a comment yet it was addressed and you were happy with the answer... then suddenly you post about it again because you suddenly are not happy again... Yes how strange I would point out a pattern.

However if you were referring to my explanation of your insinuations that Shiv would magically get you banned due to your personal belief that he got JV banned... even Shiv replied to it but then changed his mind and edited his chuckle at it and getting himself banned too.
I just put it into open context so everyone understood your insinuations.

I was talking about the Visconti comment. I was completely happy with shivs dyno that he showed me. However it was odd
He never showed it in his own thread and when other vendors post dynos like he did they get the tar and feather treatment.

My dislikes are for shivs marketing methods not for the Visconti incident. Visconti broke enough rules in the past to get him in trouble and then his last post was "too much" apparently. But that's over with and in the past.

You just don't like me because I disagreed with you in person and online and that's just fine.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #131
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Damn sorry i missed the argument, but i'll throw a couple points out anyway:

in response to @shiv stating that sd works for BMW and Merc because they can run full-time closed loop fuel control: you can run full-time closed loop fuel control with ecutek racerom. i do this for tuning purposes sometimes (then turn it off after, though you don't have to), made a screencast on it showing others how to do it, and it works just fine. the only downside is there is no long term trimming mechanism, but it works and will keep you on fueling targets reasonably well.

in response to @DeliciousTuning stating that racerom extends the usable range of the stock injectors, i would ask for an explanation as to how that is possible. i've used racerom and custom maps more extensively than most 'master tuners', and haven't seen anything that would allow that. if it's a map definition that would enable it, that's kind of a moot point being that with romraider, you can define any map you want and use it (not the case with ecutek). the only thing i could imagine that you are referring to is port/di ratio or di fuel pressure targets, both of which are defined in all three of the software packages i've tuned 86s with iirc. i'm very curious to know what you mean by that statement.

as for the whole sd vs. maf debate, i find it comical that the someone arguing that a large maf housing is a solution to maf reading limits would simultaneously argue that speed density has bad low speed drivability. large maf housings introduce problems with low speed drivability as intake velocity drops, and i'm sure you're aware of this. the only way to have your cake and eat it too is a hybrid setup, which can only be done with racerom.

speed density is just like a maf in that if you want good drivability you just have to take the damn time to achieve it. unfortunately, even with maf systems in my experience it seems that very, very few tuners actually do this (and none that etune that i'm aware of, unless there is some way to do it properly without process separation which is logically impossible given two separate, interoperating fuel systems). so as always, it's more about who you go with than any other detail of the implementation.

i agree with @nelsmar that it really seems as though @shiv has what we call 'not invented here syndrome' in the software world. of course i still have mad respect, it just is what it is and that's how it comes off.

if there's anywhere on this forum that we should be focused on sharing information and advancing the state of the system rather than selling things, it's here in the software tuning sub, and that's not just directed at shiv. i understand that this is a marketing opportunity for you all but it's where we come to learn, and these irrational arguments don't help anyone learn anything. it only serves to muddy the waters and discourage people from participating.

Last edited by jamesm; 01-27-2014 at 03:17 AM.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
JP (01-27-2014), Kodename47 (01-27-2014), Sportsguy83 (01-27-2014), Victor Draken (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #132
glorydays
Remember me?

Drives: BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Xbox vs psx
glorydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #133
troek

Drives: 2012 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Garage
is that the pic tom from myspace?
troek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:26 AM   #134
Heru Farukon

Drives: MOARLOW BEEARRZEE
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by troek View Post
is that the pic tom from myspace?
No he is a tom

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Heru Farukon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #135
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by glorydays View Post
Xbox vs psx
Shampoo vs conditioner
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #136
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
I was talking about the Visconti comment. I was completely happy with shivs dyno that he showed me. However it was odd

He never showed it in his own thread and when other vendors post dynos like he did they get the tar and feather treatment.

My dislikes are for shivs marketing methods not for the Visconti incident. Visconti broke enough rules in the past to get him in trouble and then his last post was "too much" apparently. But that's over with and in the past.

You just don't like me because I disagreed with you in person and online and that's just fine.

I dislike you because you try to push your opinion on others. As for disagreeing in person not quite sure what you mean but it's not important.

I have said it to you multiple times but you just fail to get it, I think your a nice guy trying to help out everyone you can. But you don't need to try to push people to do things your way or bad mouth others. Just relax and let things happen.

Sent from Spaceball 1
Old 01-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #137
nelsmar

Quote:
I dislike you because you try to push your opinion on others. As for disagreeing in person not quite sure what you mean but it's not important.

I have said it to you multiple times but you just fail to get it, I think your a nice guy trying to help out everyone you can. But you don't need to try to push people to do things your way or bad mouth others. Just relax and let things happen.

Sent from Spaceball 1
Yet you keep pushing your own opinion... To the point I and others left a public place and went somewhere I knew you wouldn't follow us because you wouldn't stop pushing a topic.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you. So go ahead and do your typical epic final response as per usual as I won't be responding at this point.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:59 AM   #138
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Garage
Quote:
Yet you keep pushing your own opinion... To the point I and others left a public place and went somewhere I knew you wouldn't follow us because you wouldn't stop pushing a topic.

I'm not going to keep going back and forth with you. So go ahead and do your typical epic final response as per usual as I won't be responding at this point.

I have only met you twice and you always speak of an "us"... Either way at both meetings you and I talked things were fine and we did our own thing. I was polite and unaware of a problem, but after I got after you in the local thread you have made up this perspective that there is an "us" that dislikes me yet only you can speak for them.

Either way, if that's what the forums are a popularity contest to you then I wish you luck.

Sent from Spaceball 1
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
nelsmar (01-27-2014)
Old 01-27-2014, 10:15 AM   #139
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
I have only met you twice and you always speak of an "us"... Either way at both meetings you and I talked things were fine and we did our own thing. I was polite and unaware of a problem, but after I got after you in the local thread you have made up this perspective that there is an "us" that dislikes me yet only you can speak for them.

Either way, if that's what the forums are a popularity contest to you then I wish you luck.

Sent from Spaceball 1
I don't like your attitude either. Please people stay on topic.
SubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:51 AM   #140
Heru Farukon

Drives: MOARLOW BEEARRZEE
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
So much back and forth bantering on this thread.

I would like to know if anyone has brought their vehicle in for service with either the software flashed their ecu and if it left a footprint

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
Heru Farukon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
#fanboysthread, oftsupportgroup, unichip ftw