follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > Members Classifieds > Engine, Exhaust, Bolt-Ons

User Tag List

Old 08-15-2013, 04:24 PM   #29
Khazzy

Drives: SWP Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I would buy it if I were in the position to drop the cash on the SC and tune. GLWS! Innovate IMO has the best kit out there for daily driving, which most of us are doing with these car's. The potentially have a great kit for track too, I want to see the intercooled setup they have coming out. Either way $250 is $250. I would rather save $250 than nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Khazzy For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (08-15-2013), NorCalGirl (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 04:30 PM   #30
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotLeopardMama View Post
She drove down from NorCal to burn some serious rubber at the 86 DDA on Saturday, then showed her awesome ride off at 86FEST on Sunday--all before driving all the way back up to NorCal. Prolly wasn't a cheap weekend, but she won a couple of cool things in the raffle - one of which she can't use and has decided to sell at a discounted price from the face value of the coupon. And, she's about to plunk down money for an SC - why is it so terrible to recoup a little bit of her costs while still giving someone else the chance to also save some, too? And who's to determine who's a deserving member? They could turn around and sell it after she gives it to them, too. Don't want it, don't buy it. She's a really nice girl--some of y'all make it sound like she's being mean by offering someone else $250 off an SC.

Personally, I hope whoever buys the coupon enjoys having an SC as much as I know the OP certainly will. I can't wait to get a ride-along in her car at the next event we're at. She's awesome.

She may be the bee's knees and the cat's pajamas, but I don't follow your logic. She made a decision to purchase a supercharger, how does that entitle her to sell an extra coupon that is literally worthless in her hands to 'recoup' the money she's spending on the SC? It would be a 'recoup' if she paid for the coupon.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if I had something that I got for free that I couldn't ever use or profit from, I'd give it to someone that could. Or maybe I'd ask a finders fee of a few bucks for my trouble. But $500? A little extreme.

In any case, I've made my point. All the best.
Ammonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:47 PM   #31
NorCalGirl

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, Whiteout, Manual
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Thank you @HotLeopardMama and to others who have commented in like terms, but it is up for trade not sale.

Last edited by NorCalGirl; 09-03-2013 at 12:35 PM.
NorCalGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NorCalGirl For This Useful Post:
alderaan34 (08-15-2013), HotLeopardMama (08-15-2013), Khazzy (08-15-2013), NorCal_Guy (08-15-2013), whataboutbob (08-16-2013), y2janz2 (08-15-2013)
Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #32
Wonderbar
Driveway labs.

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited, 6sp, SWP
Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGirl View Post
Thank you @HotLeopardMama and to others who have commented in like terms. Basically to @Ms. FR-S @chadstyle @Ammonia @OrbitalEllipses and all the others out there that have had quite a negative opinion on this topic... I can understand where you are all coming from, but please also understand where I am coming from. I have the ability to use both discounts, purchase two superchargers at the full discounted price offered to me and if I so decide, sell one of them as new, untouched, uninstalled, straight from the factory at msrp and therefore not share my discount with anyone... I could do that... But I wanted to share my good fortune with fellow fr-s/brz owners so I put it up for sale on here. Tell me, if it were you, would you just give away $750? And what exactly is a "deserving member" that you so describe that I should just give this discount away to them for free? There is only one member on here who is deserving of this to receive it for free, and this is the one who put in hours and hours of hard work to help me build my car @Darrellbuddy321. Although he is very deserving, it's too bad he's building a Supra and not another 86, otherwise he'd be in luck.

Although the discount offered will not completely cover California's sales tax, it does help a little bit. I would think, every little bit helps.

If the offer I had placed in the OP is not for you, then please move on and purchase your supercharger at full price. Someone else will enjoy the discount.

Thank you.
Eff it. Wipe your butt with it and flush it since people want to be shitty. Everyone wants something for free.

Cali tax is shitty like Washington. 9.7% up there.
Wonderbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #33
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Thank you @HotLeopardMama and to others who have commented in like terms. Basically to @Ms. FR-S @chadstyle @Ammonia @OrbitalEllipses and all the others out there that have had quite a negative opinion on this topic... I can understand where you are all coming from, but please also understand where I am coming from. I have the ability to use both discounts, purchase two superchargers at the full discounted price offered to me and if I so decide, sell one of them as new, untouched, uninstalled, straight from the factory at msrp and therefore not share my discount with anyone... I could do that... But I wanted to share my good fortune with fellow fr-s/brz owners so I put it up for sale on here. Tell me, if it were you, would you just give away $750? And what exactly is a "deserving member" that you so describe that I should just give this discount away to them for free? There is only one member on here who is deserving of this to receive it for free, and this is the one who put in hours and hours of hard work to help me build my car @Darrellbuddy321. Although he is very deserving, it's too bad he's building a Supra and not another 86, otherwise he'd be in luck.

Although the discount offered will not completely cover California's sales tax, it does help a little bit. I would think, every little bit helps.

If the offer I had placed in the OP is not for you, then please move on and purchase your supercharger at full price. Someone else will enjoy the discount.

Thank you.
I don't think I was being negative at all. Simply put, I couldn't charge someone for something I got for free.

By a "deserving" member I meant a friend in the market for one or someone in your local 86 group. Hell, you could even do a contest on here with something goofy..ie post the funniest picture of yourself and your 86. I dunno, maybe it's just me. I would've enjoyed that thread far more than a bunch of people talking shit over you charging for a coupon. Lastly, when you post something like this on a public forum you open yourself up to the comments and opinions of its members.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #34
Ms. FR-S

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S, 1993 Mazda RX-7
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

Thank you.
I understand wanting to make some $$ to fund extra parts for your car and don't have a problem with you charging a finder's fee for this coupon. However, after spending $500 I wouldn't get enough of a discount to make it worth my while, especially since I would have to pay CA sales tax (and after reading their page, Innovate's CARB legalization is still pending; I'd wait to buy from them until there's confirmation that this is done). That's just me personally. There's someone out there who this will be a good deal for.

If someone is buying an Innovate SC in the immediate future before the discount expires then this will be helpful for them, especially if they're out of state and have no sales tax. If you find someone like this, then it's a good opportunity for both of you. GLWS.
Ms. FR-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:30 PM   #35
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
I have the ability to use both discounts, purchase two superchargers at the full discounted price offered to me and if I so decide, sell one of them as new, untouched, uninstalled, straight from the factory at msrp and therefore not share my discount with anyone... I could do that...
I have no horse in this race really don't care what you want to do with what you won. But the above statement is entirely wrong.

Nobody is going to buy an new in box (major purchase item at that) from a 3rd party when they can buy the same item from legitimate vendors with full support at less than msrp. There is no reason what so ever to purchase a kit from you at above market price (msrp doesn't matter in the real world). The only reason to do business with you would be to reach a lower point than market price in an amount that compensates for the potential support issues that may arise.

People arent dumb, please don't type an essay and make statements about what a kind sharing person you are based on fantasy land economics motivated by $.

You want to make a profit, thats great, don't blame you, i'd do the same. But for a $250 savings off the msrp nobody pays I don't see it being worth the hassle or risk.

Last edited by utekineir; 08-15-2013 at 09:41 PM.
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to utekineir For This Useful Post:
Ammonia (08-16-2013), Ms. FR-S (08-17-2013)
Old 08-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #36
Ammonia

Drives: Whiteout FRS, Audi A4, 135i (sold)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
People arent dumb, please don't type an essay and make statements about what a kind sharing person you are based on fantasy land economics motivated by $.

You want to make a profit, thats great, don't blame you, i'd do the same. But for a $250 savings off the msrp nobody pays I don't see it being worth the hassle or risk.

I couldn't agree more.

Please do purchase two kits and tell us how that works out for you though.

Quote:
Tell me, if it were you, would you just give away $750?
I couldn't palm my face any harder at this ^
Ammonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:19 AM   #37
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
The Capitalism is strong in this one.

/Yoda (or was it Qui-gon?)
OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:03 AM   #38
NorCal_Guy
It's turbo time!

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by utekineir View Post
I have no horse in this race really don't care what you want to do with what you won. But the above statement is entirely wrong.

Nobody is going to buy an new in box (major purchase item at that) from a 3rd party when they can buy the same item from legitimate vendors with full support at less than msrp. There is no reason what so ever to purchase a kit from you at above market price (msrp doesn't matter in the real world). The only reason to do business with you would be to reach a lower point than market price in an amount that compensates for the potential support issues that may arise.

NorCal_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #39
dOMEmE

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS WhiteOut
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
my ill offer you 200 bucks again....let me know.
dOMEmE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:30 PM   #40
zc06_kisstherain

Drives: SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
ok. i got Supercharger for free. i should just give this to someone deserved for free because i got it free. wonderful. OP, it's her stuff. don't like it, walk-away. why picking up a arguement who is right or wrong.

I went best buy bought buy one get one free phone and giving onephone someone free because i got it as free.
zc06_kisstherain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to zc06_kisstherain For This Useful Post:
HotLeopardMama (08-16-2013), NorCal_Guy (08-16-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #41
Sypher

Drives: '13 Ultramarine FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Simply put, I couldn't charge someone for something I got for free.
This statement only shows you could never make a living selling anything. If I am given something for free or discounted from a vendor that i don't need I'm going to sell the thing for a slightly discounted price so i can make a fat profit while making sure it moves quickly (so you don't have idle inventory or in this case a use by date). It's really very simple sales.

Now if her dollar amount is in fact too high for the product in the current market then the product doesn't sell. Simple. But just because you think the amount is too high does not mean someone else will. There are plenty of people who will do just about anything to save a buck while getting what they want.
Sypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #42
scionsalesjay

Drives: 13' MT FR-S Innovate Stage 2
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Garage
Did they ever release info for the stage 2 kit? I'm ok with getting the discount on that!!!
scionsalesjay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aintsayinsheagolddigga, worst sales thread ever