follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 08-04-2013, 06:45 PM   #15
lbroskee

Drives: 2023 WRB BRZ (MT)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
Sounds like you have it wired up wrong..without seeing it I honestly can't tell you where you made the mistake
so that switch setup (the 1 relay) is correct tho and will work?

also the reverse signal from Acc. is that the red wire with silver on it that u tap into for reverse camera power
Attached Images

lbroskee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #16
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbroskee View Post
so that switch setup (the 1 relay) is correct tho and will work?

also the reverse signal from Acc. is that the red wire with silver on it that u tap into for reverse camera power
That's not the reverse signal wire. That's accessory power.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 PM   #17
lbroskee

Garage
got it working. my relay had the NO and COM ports switched and i didnt realize it at 1st. but once that was solved it works perfectly

Last edited by lbroskee; 08-05-2013 at 11:26 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to lbroskee For This Useful Post:
MmmDieselFumes (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #18
MmmDieselFumes

Drives: .
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
got it working. my relay had the NO and COM ports switched and i didnt realize it at 1st. but once that was solved it works perfectly
Oh cool, so my wiring diagram worked for you? Kinda forgot about this little side project of mine.
MmmDieselFumes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 12:27 PM   #19
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmDieselFumes View Post
Oh cool, so my wiring diagram worked for you? Kinda forgot about this little side project of mine.
Yup. I used a regular A/V switch box instead of the 2 relay setup tho, but on/off switch works perfectly. Thanks for the great diagram. Audio is the only snnoying part
The Following User Says Thank You to lbroskee For This Useful Post:
MmmDieselFumes (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #20
MmmDieselFumes

Good deal, glad they helped! Wasn't sure if they'd be understandable to anyone else lol.

Out of curiosity, what'd you wind up hooking up to the new input? I'm sure I could draw up another diagram if you're wanting audio. If you want to test something for me, try playing some music (ipod/phone) through the AUX cord while in AUX mode, and see if it still plays while it's in "reverse-mode".
The Following User Says Thank You to MmmDieselFumes For This Useful Post:
lbroskee (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #21
MmmDieselFumes

Also, which A/V switch did you use? I'll draw up another diagram showing that option as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #22
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
Good deal, glad they helped! Wasn't sure if they'd be understandable to anyone else lol.

Out of curiosity, what'd you wind up hooking up to the new input? I'm sure I could draw up another diagram if you're wanting audio. If you want to test something for me, try playing some music (ipod/phone) through the AUX cord while in AUX mode, and see if it still plays while it's in "reverse-mode".
i jus did a crap load of research because i had no idea how a relay even worked lol

well for audio i was jus gonna use 1 of those things that link to a blank radio station because on BeSpoke there is no AUX (the port is only used with iphones and that stupid cable they give you for the video/pandora/ipod), but audio on all sources never cuts out. as of now it's for my SNES and maybe a DVD player. have yet to test anything in quality over SNES other then my old macbook, but that looks crappy on a TV

Quote:
Also, which A/V switch did you use? I'll draw up another diagram showing that option as well.
as for A/V i used this from RadioShack. I keep it on A for the camera and B for whatever else. $18 so cheaper then all the relays, switch, and wiring i would need and imma jus velcro it to the inner top of the glove box so i can take it out if i wanna change something
Attached Images

Old 08-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #23
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
i jus did a crap load of research because i had no idea how a relay even worked lol

well for audio i was jus gonna use 1 of those things that link to a blank radio station because on BeSpoke there is no AUX (the port is only used with iphones and that stupid cable they give you for the video/pandora/ipod), but audio on all sources never cuts out. as of now it's for my SNES and maybe a DVD player. have yet to test anything in quality over SNES other then my old macbook, but that looks crappy on a TV

as for A/V i used this from RadioShack. I keep it on A for the camera and B for whatever else. $18 so cheaper then all the relays, switch, and wiring i would need and imma jus velcro it to the inner top of the glove box so i can take it out if i wanna change something
You could do away with that switcher as well and do audio and video with relays including both sources.
Old 08-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #24
lbroskee

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
You could do away with that switcher as well and do audio and video with relays including both sources.
ya i know. i saw the diagram... pretty straight forward, but the switcher was 18 and the relays and switch alone are almost that much. then theres the wire taps and all the time itll take to set it up. i just dont feel like going thru all that for now at least. audio still sucks tho bc i have to stream it