follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 07-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #29
pheoxs
Hold my beer n watch this

Drives: '14 Fiesta ST / '91 240sx
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looks awesome man and super jealous of that setup! Any pics of the backside how you mounted the tablet to the oem dash pieces?
pheoxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #30
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I will post up more pics soon. But basically I have a recessed JVC Multimedia head unit behind to switch input/amp etc. Most I can do with the tablet but I had them build in the remote to the face of the panel so I can just easily control the volume. When we get an actual headunit we can completely control with app I will switch to that.

Its basically a proof of concept project.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:33 AM   #31
mnsayer

Drives: LexusGS,Lotus Exige S240,LexusLX570
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Do you think there is anyway of hooking up the reverse camera?
mnsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 09:30 AM   #32
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
@Dezoris.. I am also running a Nexus 7 with Bluetooth ELM 327 setup. Yours looks very nice but something that really helped me was an anti glare screen protector. It really works well in the car for daytime driving and also reduces smudges from fingerprints ten fold.

Your car is really coming together nicely. After your first video you posted I wasn't real sure if you would keep or sell the car.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #33
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnsayer View Post
Do you think there is anyway of hooking up the reverse camera?
Not with the tablet, unless someone on XDA forums has found a way. Admittedly I never, investigated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadstyle View Post
@Dezoris.. I am also running a Nexus 7 with Bluetooth ELM 327 setup. Yours looks very nice but something that really helped me was an anti glare screen protector. It really works well in the car for daytime driving and also reduces smudges from fingerprints ten fold.

Your car is really coming together nicely. After your first video you posted I wasn't real sure if you would keep or sell the car.
Do you have a link of which one you used? I would love to try it.
I stuck this one out and want to push the project as far as I can go. There is really nothing else out that is attainable that has this level of appeal that is RWD.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #34
Fett4Real
AKA Mugen Dom

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2007 FJ Voodoo Blue
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I really like it...if the remote wasnt there it would be so much cleaner...but really like the wrap on the panel....I agree that the stitching looks off...may be the angle...but I do straighter stiches on leather by hand...more pics please
Fett4Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #35
Chewie4299
Spaceman

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I'm interested in possibly doing a tablet install with this....depending on how difficult all the mounting is...

I have a high end single DIN pioneer stereo from several years ago I'd like to use to drive the thing. I think I saw a post once about someone trying to do this and mounting the single DIN headunit down at the bottom of the console near the shifter where the little cubby hole is currently.
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #36
Walldodger

Drives: Four wheels, two seats, etc
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post

I will post up pics of that in a few days but is basically a slide in tray screwed down into the bezel.
Super. Sounds reasonably nice and simple.
Walldodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
ronnBOi720
Asphalt FR-s

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Quote:
I have been working on my S240 Project, and one of areas that was important was getting my Nexus7 tablet in the dash without looking totally ghetto.

Originally I was going to have a local shop try and do something. On an odd chance I emailed JPM to see if they could do anything, and sure enough they were excited to do it and turn around was less to 7 days. Shipped them the tablet and dash piece and they did the rest.

Really cool looking and great quality. It was about 500 cheaper than what my local places quoted me too!!

Here is the video:

hey man that looks great! my question is on your cell phone. is that reading youe oil temp gauge and other readings? what is that?
Old 07-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #38
Dezoris

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnBOi720 View Post
hey man that looks great! my question is on your cell phone. is that reading youe oil temp gauge and other readings? what is that?
Android and the Torque app.
Old 07-15-2013, 04:27 AM   #39
ronnBOi720
Asphalt FR-s

Quote:
Android and the Torque app.
you need any kind of harness or something to hook up to the car??
Old 07-15-2013, 05:37 AM   #40
ronnBOi720
Asphalt FR-s

Quote:
I have been working on my S240 Project, and one of areas that was important was getting my Nexus7 tablet in the dash without looking totally ghetto.

Originally I was going to have a local shop try and do something. On an odd chance I emailed JPM to see if they could do anything, and sure enough they were excited to do it and turn around was less to 7 days. Shipped them the tablet and dash piece and they did the rest.

Really cool looking and great quality. It was about 500 cheaper than what my local places quoted me too!!

Here is the video:

i looked at the jpm website for the trim where u have your tablet installed. they dont have it. was yours custom??? can i have them custom make one for like the same tablet or maybe an iPad?
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #41
JPM Coachworks

Drives: Honda S2000, Subaru STI
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JPM Coachworks
Quote:

Here is the video:

@Dezoris Thank you for all the time you put into this! I love how it is looking now that it's installed and set up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenguy101 View Post
Forgive the crappy iPhone pics, here you go. And the price can be found on JPMCOACHWORKS.COM.

Attachment 43116Attachment 43117Attachment 43118
@greenguy101 Thank you for posting those photos! Looking great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnBOi720 View Post
i looked at the jpm website for the trim where u have your tablet installed. they dont have it. was yours custom??? can i have them custom make one for like the same tablet or maybe an iPad?
@ronnBOi720 We could reproduce the above product, but it is not a product that will be available on our website. If you want to contact us directly via email at sales[at]jpmusa[dot]com or PM, I can better assist you.

V/R
Andrew
-JPMCoachworks.com
JPM Coachworks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JPM Coachworks For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (07-15-2013)
Old 07-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #42
Ny Brz
Hella Flush

Drives: 2013 SWP BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:

Here is the video:

What brand window mount is that for the Galaxy, it looks pretty sturdy.