Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB

Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/index.php)
-   Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Issues - Traction control and ABS warning light on (https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11509)

jslack 08-13-2018 09:34 PM

Well well. I should have went with the simplest first. Finally changed my side markers and put the stock bulbs back in an magically it’s fixed the abs light issue. That must be the way the car is telling you something is out. Where did you say to get some new leds from? Thanks

N1rve 08-13-2018 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslack (Post 3121201)
Well well. I should have went with the simplest first. Finally changed my side markers and put the stock bulbs back in an magically it’s fixed the abs light issue. That must be the way the car is telling you something is out. Where did you say to get some new leds from? Thanks

I've read these are pretty good (HP5 version).

https://www.diodedynamics.com/sidema...-brz-pair.html

PM DiodeDynamics for a free shipping code

FRSBRZGT86FAN 08-13-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N1rve (Post 3121230)
I've read these are pretty good (HP5 version).

https://www.diodedynamics.com/sidema...-brz-pair.html

PM DiodeDynamics for a free shipping code

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslack (Post 3121201)

I can vouch for those, they are incredibly bright and perfect in JDM clear side markers, makes the car look way more expensive then it is if you already have leds on the entire car. Slight issue though is making sure you are legitimately getting the OEM JDM clears, as helix ones and others I had allowed moisture in into the LED. Although they never died, I still got them warranty replaced when I got the OEM clears just in case. Diode dynamics warranty is dope no questions asked and they just send you a new one.

For my HIDs however it was weirder, they have you cut the relay and ballast out and send them a picture, then they finally mail you a new one.

jslack 08-14-2018 08:58 AM

Thanks for the info guys, I just purchased some new lights for the side marker, trunk and dome light. Change it up a bit.

jslack 08-14-2018 10:20 PM

Well. The abs light is back. Thought it was the side markers. But they are on and the abs showed up when I started the car tonight. So turned the car off turned the headlights to the off position and restarted the car. ABS light is off. Turn the head lights back on and on came the ABS lights. So it has to be associated with some sort of electrical issue. So next I will disconnect the forth brake light. It may now be that. Could be the hook up there. I’ll keep ya posted.

N1rve 08-14-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslack (Post 3121626)
Well. The abs light is back. Thought it was the side markers. But they are on and the abs showed up when I started the car tonight. So turned the car off turned the headlights to the off position and restarted the car. ABS light is off. Turn the head lights back on and on came the ABS lights. So it has to be associated with some sort of electrical issue. So next I will disconnect the forth brake light. It may now be that. Could be the hook up there. I’ll keep ya posted.

You should try adjusting the brake switch. You might be getting the ABS light due to the fact that your brake lights might not be turning on or the sensor is detecting a break in the loop from the brake switch sensor. Pull the switch away from the pedal and see if that will fix your issue.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67825

This fixed my ABS light.

Have you tried pulling the codes for the ABS light?

jslack 08-15-2018 07:13 AM

Ya I'll check the brake switch today also. I'm not sure about earlier years for the brz, but the 17 is a pain to get to without moving the lower dash trim panel. I have an OFT, but that doesn't seem to pull those codes when the ABS light is on, and don't have a full reader. If it continues, I"ll have to see if I can get the ABS to flash in the daytime, and then take it somewhere to have it read. Just very frustrating when this only happens once the headlights are activated. If I could drive without my headlights on, the error would never show, that's the frustrating part. I checked last night also, and all my lights are working around the car, and brake lights do come on when I depress the pedal. I'm growing to hate those 3 letters.

jslack 08-16-2018 05:12 PM

So if anyone is still following this thread, it looks like the 4th brake light hooked up to the driver brake light was the issue. I ran a scanner for codes with the ABS light on and it also showed no codes. I unhooked it from the wires and so far so good. So looks like no 4th brake light for now. Time for a Valenti assembly.

Jvabhi 06-11-2019 10:44 AM

https://ibb.co/nBXxJFx

So Basically i had a problem with my car which was making a noise while going over an uneven surface, like i could hear a noise right under the steering wheel.

I finally figured out what the problem was it was the EPS (Electronic power steering motor) bush which was broken in small pieces and god was it a pain to get a replacement finally fixed it today.

I left the garage happy and there was no noise at all everything was alright. while driving back home i noticed that there were 2 lights lit up on the dashboard the abs and the traction control lights which says there is a problem. I went back to the garage and what they did was that they unplugged the battery for a minute or so and replugged it back and the lights went off i left and proceed to go back home.

I was thinking that everything was sorted only to have the lights turn back on again.

While driving i was frustrated and decided to use the cruise control option and that didn't turn on as well so i found another problem.

Does anyone have a fix to this?

I parked my car and checked if the left and right indicators are working and they are working fine.

I have linked a picture of the faults that are lit on my car's dashboard.

Please help.

https://ibb.co/nBXxJFx

Jasonfernandez 09-24-2020 07:43 PM

Hey to everyone out there experiencing this problem who uses an OFT I was experiencing the same issues as everyone is describing here and I learned that plugging in your OFT after turning your engine on and unplugging it before turning it off can lead to these issues (and some other error codes) to my understanding when you plug in what’s bassicly another computer to the car it is too much for it to handle and it can mess with the electrical for a second. Now I thought that this wasn’t my problem because I was having it happen mid drive but it turns out when I would throw the car hard, heel toe or do anything to jostle the OFT connector cord too much it would loose connection for a second and then regain it essentially unplugging itself and re plugging back in all while the car is on which like I said is a big no no. I thought someone else out there who may have made the same silly mistake as me could Benefit from my findings. Good luck!

Grimm0ne 09-14-2021 03:35 PM

don't want to beat a dead horse. Mine just popped on coming home. Made the turn to my street, went a block and they came on, parked turn car off waited and started it again, they went off, will keep an eye on it, but weird.

snuff58 10-17-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike the snake (Post 1690936)
Check your wheel alignment. Also check the steering sensor, make sure things are centered.

On my last car, I had rear suspension work done, which Wacked the alignment way out. The steering wheel was not straight, with the car kind of crabbing, and my car thew the same codes as you.

Once the alignment was done, the wheel was once again centered, and the codes/lights went away.

If your steering wheels are off, not centered, it may trigger the same lights on our cars as well.

Mike the Snake:
I started reading thru this thread cuz my slip and ABS indicators have been coming on regularly. In the past, they came on only a few times during track events. I realigned my car for normal street duty and neglected to center my steering wheel. After reading your post, I'll stop putting off the recentering!! and see how it goes. Thanks!