follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 12-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #1
RUEN_86

Drives: 2013 FR-S, Ultramarine, MT
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation New Clutch Job, New Problems...

So I purchased a stage 2 clutch online and took it to get installed by a family friend who owns / works at a transmission shop. Well when I took it to them, they said they had never worked on an FR-S before but said they can do it. I trusted everything would turn out great since they are family friends. Well after the clutch was installed, my car will not go into reverse unless the car is off, the gears are hard to shift into, first being the worst, and the clutch engagement point is near the floor. The mechanic said it could be the slave cylinder considering it was a new / upgraded clutch or it could just need to be broken into. I took it to my mechanic, whom I trust, the next day and he bled the clutch and said it could be the fact that they might not have resurfaced my flywheel when they did the job. Any ideas on what it could be? Have not went back to the shop that did the job because they are closed until after the holidays.. ANY and ALL advice will be appreciated thanks guys. Happy Holidays.
RUEN_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:06 AM   #2
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,955 Times in 16,478 Posts
Mentioned: 709 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUEN_86 View Post
So I purchased a stage 2 clutch online and took it to get installed by a family friend .
Welcome to the forum ....... @RUEN_86 .........

Sounds to me like the clutch needs to be adjusted.

The flywheel should be OK, unless you blew up your old clutch against it.

If the engagement point is that close to the floor, there is a chance that the pressure plate is not completely disengaging the clutch ..... hence, the suggested clutch adjustment.

Google will show you lots of suggestions on how to adjust the clutch on an FR-S.

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
Cole (12-28-2015), GhostOp86 (12-29-2015), RUEN_86 (12-29-2015), Tcoat (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 01:25 AM   #3
RUEN_86

Thanks @humfrz, just found the DIY on this forum so I'll give it a shot tomorrow and comment back what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to RUEN_86 For This Useful Post:
humfrz (12-28-2015)
Old 12-28-2015, 02:02 AM   #4
Packofcrows
hey you, yeah you <3

Drives: 2014 37J FR-S
Thanked 1,258 Times in 809 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUEN_86 View Post
Thanks @humfrz, just found the DIY on this forum so I'll give it a shot tomorrow and comment back what happens.
like no clutch pressure even when pumping pedal or not go in feeling like gear box is messed up? If so, clutch alignment is in order!~
Old 12-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
RUEN_86

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Welcome to the forum ....... @RUEN_86 .........

Sounds to me like the clutch needs to be adjusted.

The flywheel should be OK, unless you blew up your old clutch against it.

If the engagement point is that close to the floor, there is a chance that the pressure plate is not completely disengaging the clutch ..... hence, the suggested clutch adjustment.

Google will show you lots of suggestions on how to adjust the clutch on an FR-S.

humfrz
So just finished with the clutch adjustment and it feels like it just came out the dealership thanks @humfrz once again! Once I'm able to thank on the forum, I will haha
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RUEN_86 For This Useful Post:
GhostOp86 (12-28-2015), humfrz (12-28-2015)