follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-25-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
Caboose

Drives: WRB BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ headlights manual left to right adjustment

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to manually adjust the brz headlights in the left to right position? Under the hood i see the headlights have markings for both up to down and left to right, but have only been able to adjust the up to down position. I cannot figure out how to adjust left to right. Someone hit my car in the front and even after bodywork my headlight is still a little off. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon
Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Hyperion

Drives:
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Loosen headlights and push over is really the only option. There is no side to side adjustment.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
pfaffendorn

Drives: 2014 ssm BRZ Limited 6M
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Headlights misaligned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose View Post
Someone hit my car in the front and even after bodywork my headlight is still a little off. Any help is appreciated.
Well, go back to the body shop and tell the guy you're not happy with the way your headlights are aimed. That was part of the repair job and there should be no charge for it. (Just as a reminder, you know that the left headlight is aimed a little lower and a little more straight ahead to protect oncoming drivers from your glare. The brightness is especially painful with the new HID [sp?] bulbs.)

Good luck and be safe.

PS. There is a steel brace that goes from one side to the other where the gasket for the front edge of the hood is. It has numerous jobs to do and it needs to be lined up just so. If this was damaged and not replaced or straightened perfectly it could easily throw your headlight aiming off.

Last edited by pfaffendorn; 12-31-2015 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention a point.
pfaffendorn is offline   Reply With Quote