follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 09-20-2015, 07:44 PM   #1
Mr.Impreza
Mr.Fujitsubo

Drives: 2018 STI
Thanked 1,552 Times in 784 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Crazy B***h on Gardiner

So, i was on the Gardiner today and i was in the lane where we had to merge. Anyways, this car doesn't let me pass, and then another car doesn't let me pass and i was like whatever.....but then my wife said the 2nd car, the driver was texting.
So anyways, they kind of stopped moving so i had a chance to merge into the lane and i opened my window and showed the girl that she shouldn't text by just kind of pretending to text with my hand.

I guess this was my mistake because this was one crazy girl. She pointed the middle finger at me which was fine....i understand...you are not happy because i caught you texting, but the next thing kind of got me almost calling the police. She literally almost hit my car by accelarting so aggressively that he tires squeaked and then slamming the breaks. (keep in mind she is behind me...literally crazy)

Then she honked, and did this again.

Anyways was amusing but also scary, when she was beginning to pass me i was careful for her to not cut me off....luckily there was a cop in the shoulder lane.

This girl was in a SUV, she was in a GMC one with the license plate Nixxy.

Anyways, what annoys me is, the driver is at fault, but they take out that on me.....like no respect for the law. She was already at fault for not letting a car merge, and then texting.

Anyways, moral of the story is probably to just ignore these idiots.

Mr.Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr.Impreza For This Useful Post:
Ahsila (09-20-2015), daftpunk (09-21-2015), drewbot (09-21-2015), D_Thissen (09-21-2015), ShibaYuki (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 07:48 PM   #2
ShibaYuki

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ Sport-tech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Impreza View Post
So, i was on the Gardiner today and i was in the lane where we had to merge. Anyways, this car doesn't let me pass, and then another car doesn't let me pass and i was like whatever.....but then my wife said the 2nd car, the driver was texting.
So anyways, they kind of stopped moving so i had a chance to merge into the lane and i opened my window and showed the girl that she shouldn't text by just kind of pretending to text with my hand.

I guess this was my mistake because this was one crazy girl. She pointed the middle finger at me which was fine....i understand...you are not happy because i caught you texting, but the next thing kind of got me almost calling the police. She literally almost hit my car by accelarting so aggressively that he tires squeaked and then slamming the breaks. (keep in mind she is behind me...literally crazy)

Then she honked, and did this again.

Anyways was amusing but also scary, when she was beginning to pass me i was careful for her to not cut me off....luckily there was a cop in the shoulder lane.

This girl was in a SUV, she was in a GMC one with the license plate Nixxy.

Anyways, what annoys me is, the driver is at fault, but they take out that on me.....like no respect for the law. She was already at fault for not letting a car merge, and then texting.

Anyways, moral of the story is probably to just ignore these idiots.
I always try to signal people on their phone while driving to get off. Some people do, and say sorry. And some people just start to act like they're above the law.
It's alright, I did my job. One day they'll learn the hard way. Either getting pulled over or killing someone, especially there's still a lot of riders out there.
ShibaYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ShibaYuki For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #3
tanner

Drives: '10 S4/'13 BRZ/'16 GT4/E30 M3
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I don't know if Toronto cops do this or not but YRP, they welcome people to notify them of dangerous/aggressive driving. Obviously YRP won't be able to charge them but they will in fact followup with the owner and pass on some good feedback.

I've done this a few times, in one case a driver had no working brakes lights which was pretty dangerous at night, driver wanted to pass a msg back to me via YRP and thanked me as he wasn't aware his brake lights weren't working.

tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tanner For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 09:05 PM   #4
BTXP.XD

Drives: 14' FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
If you have dash cam, you can just report it online, i forgot what the link was but my friend reported someone once online.
BTXP.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BTXP.XD For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 09:10 PM   #5
tanner

Drives: '10 S4/'13 BRZ/'16 GT4/E30 M3
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTXP.XD View Post
If you have dash cam, you can just report it online, i forgot what the link was but my friend reported someone once online.
Note for YRP, they're blocked from using youtube and probably all other social media sites. So best you can do is describe what happened.

I would have thought it would be better that they make the exception for the ones have access to youtube so they can see the video themselves.

YRP: https://onlinereporting.yrp.ca/RoadWatch.html
Toronto: https://webapp1.torontopolice.on.ca/dors/hit-run.html
OPP: http://www.opp.ca/reporting/

tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tanner For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-20-2015, 09:13 PM   #6
BTXP.XD

Drives: 14' FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner View Post
Note for YRP, they're blocked from using youtube and probably all other social media sites. So best you can do is describe what happened.

I would have thought it would be better that they make the exception for the ones have access to youtube so they can see the video themselves.

YRP: https://onlinereporting.yrp.ca/RoadWatch.html
Toronto: https://webapp1.torontopolice.on.ca/dors/hit-run.html
OPP: http://www.opp.ca/reporting/
It wasn't youtube, he uploaded it on the page and described the scenario or something, it was two years ago when he reported it.
BTXP.XD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BTXP.XD For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #7
HUNTERANGEL121

Drives: Red Toaster(Dodge Nitro)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
You should see the line turning into the school.
Everyone becomes so defensive with their spot in line.
A navigator left the spot in line, I need to turn into the parking lot(I still have about 1 block before the entrance), I signal, I attempt to merge. No. The camry wasn't having it, aggressively moves forward blocking me proceeds to yell.

What the problem is with your driving an 86, it's a very nice looking car, and looks high end. People are going to treat you like dog s**t when driving knowing you're going to be a defensive driver. After we got the sky we noticed this happens a lot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 09:06 AM   #8
drewbot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S A/T
Thanked 1,452 Times in 752 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Unless it's 2AM, the Gardiner always has interesting events. I always find that getting onto it from any of the core on-ramps always has some drama...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
drewbot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to drewbot For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #9
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,286 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2497 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
LOL
Someplace on a GMC forum there is probably a user named Nixxy saying "I was minding my own business on the Gardner when this jerk in a sports car started waving at me and making obscene gestures. I sure showed him though".

Can find that sort of behavior everyplace and it is a sad commentary on the state of humanity when a simple communication device has such a grasp on everybody they will risk their and others lives just to use it. I recently sat waiting for the light to change at the most dangerous (statistically speaking) intersection in London and counted 23 cars where the driver was very obviously talking on the phone or texting. One was a city cop!
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #10
df.dima

Drives: FR-S and Mazda 3 Sky
Great story.

With the return of the school season, more people coming back from holidays and vacations, I see more crazies on the road, even here in Kitchener, it gets worse this time around. More rats in the maze, more crazy.
People texting is getting very annoying - I was approaching an intersection from a far, the light turns green, there is an older Corolla just plain sitting there, no break lights, nothing.... As I approach I see a dude sitting in there, probably about 5 secs after green, I change lane to left to pass, the dude is looking down, probably cell... WTF.. He started taking off after I passed and merged back in...
I see people sitting in left turn with their heads down... Come one, put the phone down and drive.

Yesterday I made a left turn, across, there is a right turn with yield sign, I know that spot, people go nuts, I sped up a bit to merge into plaza entry after my turn, I was well ahead of this driver in a big black Escalade, and I merged into the lane. She or he was honking at me, apparently because they dont give a fug about the yield sign they had. Dude, I had no yield sign, i just merged in front of you... Just because you ignore yield sign and speed up doesn't mean you get the right of way, the sign is there for you to slow the fuck down.

With latest arguments on blogs about self driving cars, I think some people will benefit from that (not the assholes, but good drivers will benefit, better take the wheel out of those crazy hands... Seriously).

I actually understand why people in GTA prefer big fast SUVs, I would want the biggest baddest one too, just to keep up or be more intimidating . Lifted truck, - sounds good.

I try to keep it cool, family in the car, got to take it easy, but I do flip a finger from time to time . Its very obvious, given the signs and laws when people just dont care.
df.dima is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to df.dima For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #11
drewbot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S A/T
Thanked 1,452 Times in 752 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2subaru View Post
and closed for construction lol
And RIDE program
drewbot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drewbot For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015), new2subaru (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 04:44 PM   #12
darko

Drives: RAVEN FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
dash cam, put it in youtube, spread it all over social media to show the retardedness of this person = great success
darko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darko For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 04:47 PM   #13
KPDoubleX
❤ fr-s love ❤

Drives: 13 Asphalt Scion FRS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by df.dima View Post
Great story.

With the return of the school season, more people coming back from holidays and vacations, I see more crazies on the road, even here in Kitchener, it gets worse this time around. More rats in the maze, more crazy.
People texting is getting very annoying - I was approaching an intersection from a far, the light turns green, there is an older Corolla just plain sitting there, no break lights, nothing.... As I approach I see a dude sitting in there, probably about 5 secs after green, I change lane to left to pass, the dude is looking down, probably cell... WTF.. He started taking off after I passed and merged back in...
I see people sitting in left turn with their heads down... Come one, put the phone down and drive.

Yesterday I made a left turn, across, there is a right turn with yield sign, I know that spot, people go nuts, I sped up a bit to merge into plaza entry after my turn, I was well ahead of this driver in a big black Escalade, and I merged into the lane. She or he was honking at me, apparently because they dont give a fug about the yield sign they had. Dude, I had no yield sign, i just merged in front of you... Just because you ignore yield sign and speed up doesn't mean you get the right of way, the sign is there for you to slow the fuck down.

With latest arguments on blogs about self driving cars, I think some people will benefit from that (not the assholes, but good drivers will benefit, better take the wheel out of those crazy hands... Seriously).

I actually understand why people in GTA prefer big fast SUVs, I would want the biggest baddest one too, just to keep up or be more intimidating . Lifted truck, - sounds good.

I try to keep it cool, family in the car, got to take it easy, but I do flip a finger from time to time . Its very obvious, given the signs and laws when people just dont care.
Yeah I have had similar experiences as above, especially in Kitchener.

I have had two scary experiences where the driver infront starts slamming on their brakes for a rear-end insurance claim in Kitchener/Waterloo. Made the mistake of pulling off both times with both drivers. One got in my face (older man and I am a girl so it was scary), the other ended up trying to smash out my window with his fist (even scarier).

Moral of the story... don't stop and get out of the car, no matter how pissed you are lol

I throw a middle finger around from time to time too, mostly for people who go below the limit in the left lane. Good ol' road rage

Asphalt Scion FR-S
Enkei | Aero Jacket | BC Racing | Invida | AFE | JL Audio | Seibon | Chargespeed | Cusco | Mishimoto | Spec D |

www.themodmarket.com
KPDoubleX is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KPDoubleX For This Useful Post:
Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)
Old 09-21-2015, 06:21 PM   #14
ShibaYuki

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ Sport-tech
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPDoubleX View Post
Yeah I have had similar experiences as above, especially in Kitchener.

I have had two scary experiences where the driver infront starts slamming on their brakes for a rear-end insurance claim in Kitchener/Waterloo. Made the mistake of pulling off both times with both drivers. One got in my face (older man and I am a girl so it was scary), the other ended up trying to smash out my window with his fist (even scarier).

Moral of the story... don't stop and get out of the car, no matter how pissed you are lol

I throw a middle finger around from time to time too, mostly for people who go below the limit in the left lane. Good ol' road rage
Dash cams are the perfect thing for these situations. I have a 2CH dashcam. Records the front and back. Never cease to amaze me how many drivers there are on their cellphones. All you can do is pray, that they learn the hard way. Once you see a car starts to weave in their lane, that's a sign they're distracted. Driving is easy. People just simply do not care. =(
ShibaYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShibaYuki For This Useful Post:
dre208 (09-22-2015), Mr.Impreza (09-21-2015)