follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 06-17-2015, 06:03 AM   #1
nphillip

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GReddy Exhaust - EVO3 vs EVO GT?

Apart from the larger piping and tip on the newer EVO GT model, can somebody shed some light on any other differences between the two exhaust systems?

I am particularly interested in knowing the difference in noise level between the two. According to the official GReddy page, the newer GT measures L94 / R93 dBa @4500RPM, I am unsure of the reading on the EVO3 model however.

Search results are surprisingly low for the EVO GT considering it has been out for awhile now(?)

I would appreciate any input.

Cheers.
nphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 11:01 PM   #2
WRKHARD

Drives: 13' FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i cant compare the two for you, but i can shed some light on the Evo GT. Overall amazing catback. Slanted mufflers are very aggressive. Tips arent too big however i would prefer them rolled instead of straight cut. Noticed fitment issues in someone elses pic,, and mine is off a bit as well,, one tip sticks out 3/4s of an inch more on one side.. Have it paired with a front pipe, and was worried it would be too loud to add a header down the road,, i was pleasantly surprised. The mufflers are packed extremely well and it has a big resonator. Nice deep tone. No rasp.

I would definitely recommend
WRKHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WRKHARD For This Useful Post:
nphillip (06-19-2015)