follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Xero Limit
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-08-2015, 11:32 PM   #1
Synack
Boosted
 
Synack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Sideways
Location: Atlanta Georgia USA
Posts: 2,377
Thanks: 388
Thanked 715 Times in 414 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
O2 Oxygen Sensor Fuse Location?

Having some issues lately and just wondering if anyone knows the location of the O2 sensor fuses and/or relays.

Literally searched the entire internet to the best of my ability and couldn't find an actual location on OUR cars. Only other Subarus.
__________________
Nismo 370Z 300whp -> FR-S Turbo 450whp on E85 -> Z06 Corvette 500whp
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:17 AM   #2
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 988
Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,850 Posts
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
Having some issues lately and just wondering if anyone knows the location of the O2 sensor fuses and/or relays.

Literally searched the entire internet to the best of my ability and couldn't find an actual location on OUR cars. Only other Subarus.
should be in here mate
02 Heater circuit or similar

http://www.ft86club.com/files/BRZwiringi.pdf

owners manual will have fuse box locations
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 11:36 AM   #3
Synack
Boosted
 
Synack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Sideways
Location: Atlanta Georgia USA
Posts: 2,377
Thanks: 388
Thanked 715 Times in 414 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
should be in here mate
02 Heater circuit or similar

http://www.ft86club.com/files/BRZwiringi.pdf

owners manual will have fuse box locations
This is the closest thing I could find heater related.

__________________
Nismo 370Z 300whp -> FR-S Turbo 450whp on E85 -> Z06 Corvette 500whp
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 12:12 PM   #4
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 988
Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,850 Posts
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
This is the closest thing I could find heater related.
Looks like 02 sensors driven directly off ecu, likely fuse is "EFI (HTR)" 15 A it in that fuse box thrn via EFI MAIN2 Relay



Last edited by steve99; 04-09-2015 at 12:28 PM.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
Ultramaroon (05-16-2020)
Old 04-09-2015, 01:45 PM   #5
zkv476
Senior Member
 
zkv476's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ, MT
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 240
Thanks: 11
Thanked 135 Times in 89 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
Looks like 02 sensors driven directly off ecu, likely fuse is "EFI (HTR)" 15 A it in that fuse box thrn via EFI MAIN2 Relay


That's your answer. The O2 sensor heater is not just an on/off device and there's no relay. It's actively controlled by the ECU with a PID algorithm to maintain a temperature in the sensor.
__________________
The answer is racecar. Always.
zkv476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #6
Synack
Boosted
 
Synack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Drives: Sideways
Location: Atlanta Georgia USA
Posts: 2,377
Thanks: 388
Thanked 715 Times in 414 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkv476 View Post
That's your answer. The O2 sensor heater is not just an on/off device and there's no relay. It's actively controlled by the ECU with a PID algorithm to maintain a temperature in the sensor.
So there should be no reason to believe a fuse for the O2 could ever be blown no matter what? the only reason I ask is because the WRX guys have one.
__________________
Nismo 370Z 300whp -> FR-S Turbo 450whp on E85 -> Z06 Corvette 500whp
Synack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:47 PM   #7
steve99
Senior Member
 
steve99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: FT86
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,666
Thanks: 988
Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,850 Posts
Mentioned: 533 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synack View Post
So there should be no reason to believe a fuse for the O2 could ever be blown no matter what? the only reason I ask is because the WRX guys have one.
Yes heater it actively controlled by ecu , but the power is supplied by by a fuse.
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
vijay.dy06 (02-20-2019)
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oxygen sensor cross threaded. Zaneman Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB 13 07-05-2017 12:14 PM
DIY: Oxygen sensor spacer Hardrock4445 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides 13 07-11-2015 11:43 AM
WTB: Stock oxygen sensor Njjawn NY / NJ / CT / PA 5 01-17-2015 03:53 PM
Broke Oxygen Sensor during Header Replacement - Can i run w/o one? Adeel Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 7 05-20-2014 02:12 PM
WTB: OEM Rear Oxygen (o2) Sensor xjohnx Want-To-Buy Requests 5 04-07-2014 10:32 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.