|
||||||
| BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 219
Thanks: 143
Thanked 142 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
I picked up a BRZ Spider last night, may be the first?!
New car, came with extras:
![]() ![]() Bonus egg-sack in the first photo. I hosed the shit out of the wheelwell, but the jerk came back. The second time I made short work of it (her?) with the Dyson. There's a slew of old webs under the body on the driver's side, these things have been here a while. I've only seen the one widow, but those other skinny jerks are plentiful. I took the first photo maybe an hour after pulling in from work, so they've been riding along. I have to assume that dealerships have spider problems like everybody else, would it be out of line for me to ask that they put this thing up on a rack and de-spider it for me? Considering I've only had for fewer than 24 hours, and I'm 99% certain that these things came with the car. Oh, the joys of living in AZ. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 581
Thanks: 32
Thanked 326 Times in 174 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Burn the car.
Every once in a while, small spiders would tuck into my window sills mid summer. Usually tiny ones. No biggie. One time I got in my car and rolled the window down. Drove to a stop sign, looked left, and this huge spider is lowering down next my face and on his way in between the door and the seat. I hadn't been more terrified. I hate spiders
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,278
Thanks: 375
Thanked 480 Times in 260 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
|
Is that a fucking black widow ? I guess you found your car a name !
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Berz
Join Date: May 2012
Drives: 2013 BRZ
Location: -=ATL=-
Posts: 707
Thanks: 281
Thanked 294 Times in 158 Posts
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Drives: Raven
Location: Canada
Posts: 123
Thanks: 13
Thanked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Dear God @ that black widow. Lord have mercy on your car.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2013
Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited WRB
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,278
Thanks: 375
Thanked 480 Times in 260 Posts
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
|
I picked up a BRZ Spider last night, may be the first?!
__________________
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 219
Thanks: 143
Thanked 142 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Drives: '13 SWP ZC6 R
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 482
Thanks: 24
Thanked 421 Times in 176 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
|
Dude. Where did you buy your car?
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 | |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Location: New York
Posts: 410
Thanks: 161
Thanked 163 Times in 112 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
Boosted Member
|
The insurance company will understand if you burn your car to the ground.
__________________
2013 Subaru BRZ LTD 6MT DGM
2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid TRG PG 2011 Honda CBR1000RR 2010 Subaru Impreza WRX PRM SSM |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2012
Drives: 2014 SWP BRZ Limited
Location: Phoenix AZ
Posts: 219
Thanks: 143
Thanked 142 Times in 79 Posts
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
|
The Superstore. I shot an e-mail out to my salesdude, I can't imagine that they give me any static, the crew there is actually quite friendly and helpful.
Mostly I just want to put it up on a rack to get a better look, there's a lot of webs that I can see between the splashshield and body, and to put it up on stands would be bad when I flip out as a widow drops on my forehead. |
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2011
Drives: Moped
Location: CA
Posts: 4,300
Thanks: 4,905
Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,195 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
|
Looks like a good reason to hoon the car to welcome your little spidey friends
(AKA smash them to pieces)
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: 2014 BRZ Limited CBS
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 68
Thanks: 26
Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
|
When I first read the title I thought maybe you modified you car to be a convertible haha. I was wrong. I like spyders. I hate spiders.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#14 |
|
A.K.A. Starlord
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2015 Series.Blue
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,842
Thanks: 845
Thanked 2,102 Times in 835 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Spider living in my car? | MokSpeed | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 41 | 07-22-2014 08:08 PM |
| **NEW Spider Vision Headlight Tint only @ Billet Pro Shop** | BilletProShop | Exterior Parts - Lighting | 10 | 03-10-2013 09:24 AM |
| Alfa Romeo spider will share platform with new MX-5... | mines13 | Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions | 22 | 11-15-2012 11:55 AM |
| Picked up my Argento AT Last Night | dvlnsyde | Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum | 2 | 06-08-2012 10:38 AM |
| Coverage of Subaru BRZ Debut at Re-Mix Night at Tokyo Night Club and Music Video | mockngbrd | BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics | 36 | 01-04-2012 06:15 PM |