follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #1
Basti

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
fastening racing seat belts

There's been some discussion about how and where to install some of those racing seat belts, for example schroth belts.
I'd like to make it as simply as possible, for the rear either the isofix points or rear seat belt clips' screws will do.

But the fix points at the front seats make me worry. Apparently, the oem boltsfor the hinge seem to short, not enough thread. I'd like to simply use some longer bolts.

To try, I'dneed the oem bolt sizes and thread.
Before anyone asks, I'm indisposed health-wise and can only prep, not do right now
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #2
Panman

Drives: 86 GTS
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
I have the Schroth 4 point belts fitted. I used the ISOfix point in the rear, and the standard bolts at the front were easily long enough - although you need to jigger around with the front seats to get good access to the bolts, and ensure you put the belts back together per the Schroth instructions.

As long as you have the right tools it's very straightforward.
Panman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
Basti

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I've heard reports that the bolt wouldnt connact w all threads in the hinge anynore, sonething I'd like to avoid.

Btw can you show us a pic of how you installed them, please?
Wanting to get 4-point belts myself I'm afraid that the offset created by the isofix points will draw the belt too much towards the car's mid
Basti is offline   Reply With Quote