follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 11-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #1
executivekoala

Drives: fr-s
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Infamous Performance

I just wanted to share my experince with this shop, I don't usually wire reviews but I felt compelled by the underwhelming service I got while I was there. I had a friend install my Worksbell/Nardi wheel set up and we wasn't too keen on setting up the wiring so my tcs and abs lights were on so I wanted to take it here to have them finish the job. I Called at 9am to see if I could get in and was told they were busy but could likely see me that day and was informed to call back around noon. Noon came I called back and was told to come around 12:30 and they could get to my car then. 12:20 I drop off my car and go for a walk. 1:30 I come back and my cars in the same place, I go to the waiting room and waited for another 25 mins after which I got up and waited at the service desk to see when I could get my car checked, I waited the the desk for 10 mins while someone was in the back talking on the phone and igonred me so I took my keys and left. I try my best to be fair and I fully understand there were cars with more priority ahead of me; yet I was told to come in and never informed of any delay and pretty much wasted 2 hours of my day. I wont bad mouth them and say they are a bad shop but from the way I was treated they lost my patronage for good.
executivekoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:12 AM   #2
whataboutbob
AutoX-10/10ths every run

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S AT Firestorm
Thanked 1,850 Times in 1,005 Posts
Mentioned: 79 Post(s)
Garage
Bummer. Mike's a good guy. Sorry your first experience was bad. They've taken great care of me every time I've been in. I'd suggest you call an talk to Mike the owner directly. He'll make sure your second visit is perfect.

[ Delicioustuning | Counterspacegarage | RS-R USA | Cusco USA | SPL Parts | ACE Header | Stark Performance | Infinite Motion | Ciro Racing | Build thread:Here ]
[ GR Corolla Core in White w/LSDs on wish list ]
whataboutbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:44 AM   #3
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Did they tell you a time from up front?

Seems like you could've asked a simple question and this woulda got sorted out.
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
executivekoala

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro View Post
Did they tell you a time from up front?

Seems like you could've asked a simple question and this woulda got sorted out.
Well I asked when it should be brought in and they hold me 12:30 so i dont see why as shop would of told me to bring a car in so I could sit and wait for 2 hours, also when i came back i tired o get an eta but was ignored. Like I said I like to give the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
Infamous Performance

Drives: 02 WRX, 05 LGT, 08 LGT, 08 SpecB
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by executivekoala View Post
I just wanted to share my experince with this shop, I don't usually wire reviews but I felt compelled by the underwhelming service I got while I was there. I had a friend install my Worksbell/Nardi wheel set up and we wasn't too keen on setting up the wiring so my tcs and abs lights were on so I wanted to take it here to have them finish the job. I Called at 9am to see if I could get in and was told they were busy but could likely see me that day and was informed to call back around noon. Noon came I called back and was told to come around 12:30 and they could get to my car then. 12:20 I drop off my car and go for a walk. 1:30 I come back and my cars in the same place, I go to the waiting room and waited for another 25 mins after which I got up and waited at the service desk to see when I could get my car checked, I waited the the desk for 10 mins while someone was in the back talking on the phone and igonred me so I took my keys and left. I try my best to be fair and I fully understand there were cars with more priority ahead of me; yet I was told to come in and never informed of any delay and pretty much wasted 2 hours of my day. I wont bad mouth them and say they are a bad shop but from the way I was treated they lost my patronage for good.

My apologies for not getting to you quick enough.

We spoke on the phone about you coming in. Yes we were busy and I was trying to squeeze you in, per your request.

When you arrived I had not yet completed the car I was working on and needed about 30 minutes to complete it so I could check your car out.

When I went out to check your car, you were gone and I was notified you went to get some lunch. It was lunch time and my receptionist left to get lunch too. That is why no one was available in reception.

I checked the car (in the spot it was parked in) and realized I needed a wiring schematic before I could test anything as the box left behind contained instructions in only Japanese and a few bolts. I was looking up the schematic when the phone began ringing (it tends to get busy on the phone at lunch which is why I dont take one and the rest of the staff does, so I can answer the phone). I was handling the calls when apparently you returned.

I was able to look up the schematic (and the federal guidelines concerning air bag removal in street registered cars).

Without seeing the inside of the hub and what electrical connector(s) were available I can not say if the dash lights/controls in questions could be hooked back up. I have installed Nardi wheels in other show cars before, but never a street driven car. What I found while looking up federal guidelines tied my hands regardless. If we had been able to speak I could have explained in person that we could not work on the steering wheel due to liabilities and regulations concerning the removal of DOT regulated safety devices (the drivers air bag).

Once again my apologies for not being able to get to you quick enough.
Infamous Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Infamous Performance For This Useful Post:
suaveflooder (05-01-2014), whataboutbob (11-18-2013)
Old 11-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
SubaSteve
Captain Cocoa

Drives: CBS BRZ MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by executivekoala View Post
tl:dr
I had a friend install something wrong and wanted it fixed fast. I decided to try to get a shop to fit me in without a proper appointment and got mad when they didn't help me right away.

When you go to any performance shop that is good you will have to wait some amount of time. Always make a scheduled appointment ahead of time so you are guaranteed to be seen within a reasonable time. Most of the best shops let you hangout whilst they work on your car making it a fun experience. Also it's a good idea to set aside a day off to do these things so you don't have to worry about being anywhere late.
SubaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SubaSteve For This Useful Post:
Infamous Performance (11-19-2013), whataboutbob (11-18-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
executivekoala

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteve View Post
tl:dr
I had a friend install something wrong and wanted it fixed fast. I decided to try to get a shop to fit me in without a proper appointment and got mad when they didn't help me right away.

When you go to any performance shop that is good you will have to wait some amount of time. Always make a scheduled appointment ahead of time so you are guaranteed to be seen within a reasonable time. Most of the best shops let you hangout whilst they work on your car making it a fun experience. Also it's a good idea to set aside a day off to do these things so you don't have to worry about being anywhere late.

Thanks so much for that awesome advice, really changed my life there.. I waited for 2 hours needlessly. I could of been told to come later or that I couldnt be seen that day. But again thanks for the advice
Old 11-23-2013, 11:47 AM   #8
Longitude
old timer

Drives: GC, BL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I usually make an appointment, take a (partial) time off work, sometimes arrange a ride or else prepare to hang out, as Mike and Todd take comprehensive care of my Subarus. The flow of car care is bit like healthcare so I can try to relate and sympathize with a walk-in or same day appointment scenario in which it takes two to tango, regardless of delays.
Longitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Longitude For This Useful Post:
Infamous Performance (11-24-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #9
executivekoala

I wll say this, I don't doubt their work and I'm sure they are a fine shop but I was very unimpressed about the service I got. I have been in customer service for 9 years and I know how people are so I like to give the benefit of the doubt but I was still upset enough next day to write this review. If someone reads this and thinks I'm a cry baby I'm fine with that. Not that it matters but I just am going to take my car elsewhere, if Infamous wants to contact me via pm to work it out thats fine otherwise I'm just glad I got my original issues fixed.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:41 PM   #10
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Ordered a Perrin oil cooler from Infamous. Order shipped the same day, and I received the package by the following day.

I did not deal with their customer service, so I cannot comment on that, but I was impressed by their quick processing and delivery!

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSunrise For This Useful Post:
Infamous Performance (09-05-2014)
Old 11-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #11
Kiske

Drives: RX-7 / BRZ
Thanked 2,501 Times in 1,081 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Bought my 3" perrin from them CHEAPER than I bought my 2.5 unresonated last year!

Good deal!~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiske For This Useful Post:
Infamous Performance (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014, 10:11 PM   #12
Infamous Performance

Drives: 02 WRX, 05 LGT, 08 LGT, 08 SpecB
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
We aim to please. We are not the biggest, but we put a lot of personal attention into every sale/car we work on.

Thanks for the support and the orders!
Infamous Performance is offline   Reply With Quote