follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 09-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #1
Nevermore
Wayward Member

Drives: Hot Lava 86
Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,386 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Possible future restomod 280z vs. 60's Mustang

Hey guys, I normally don't like making threads because I don't like bugging people with all my crazy ideas, but I'm pretty serious about wanting a classic some time in the future so I thought I'd seek some help on this. I'll start off by saying I'm pretty partial to the fastback mustang and it is currently my favorite choice. I'm open to arguments for the 280z over the mustang, or maybe another classic all together, as long as it's a fastback and looks similar.

I'm mostly trying to get some answers about where to find junkers of either car that can be completely restomodded to my tastes, instead of someone else's completed project. I also don't want to break the bank on this, I know you have to pay to play, but I'd like to end up doing it for a relatively affordable amount (less than 100k).

And one last thing, the thing I like the least about the 280z is the front end, specifically the headlights. Would it be possible to completely redo that area to have them flush, or done some other way? Or would that be blasphemy? Maybe a photoshop person could chop something like a 240sx front end on it, just as an example?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!