follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-2013, 12:26 PM   #1
microbionic
Senior Member
 
microbionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 248
Thanks: 452
Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Spirited Ohio Cruise - with engine mic

Thought some of you may enjoy this, if you enjoy the sound of our engine....

I attached my Canon 7D to my windshield, and used an external mic in the engine bay during a fun run in Ohio.... turns/blind crests

This is best watched with a headset or a home theater system,...

No traffic .... for the entire 10 min

Mount used for Canon 7D DSLR - I have taken it to >80 MPH with the mount.
http://www.stickypod.com/

b&H link
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._with_One.html




[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wuTfueMCA0"]Spirited Ohio Cruise Subaru BRZ - YouTube[/ame]


[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStRWNo7dhs"]Spirited Ohio Cruise Subaru BRZ pt 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by microbionic; 07-21-2013 at 07:12 PM.
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #2
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Nice cruise! Appreciate the production value! Didn't really see any twisties though!
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #3
microbionic
Senior Member
 
microbionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 248
Thanks: 452
Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Nice cruise! Appreciate the production value! Didn't really see any twisties though!
Its as close to twisties as we can get out here.
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:53 PM   #4
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER
 
Clipdat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Drives: Subaru Boxer
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 8,152
Thanks: 7,087
Thanked 6,874 Times in 3,680 Posts
Mentioned: 201 Post(s)
Yeah, understandable.

Can you post a link to the mount you used for the camera?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
microbionic
Senior Member
 
microbionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 248
Thanks: 452
Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipdat View Post
Yeah, understandable.

Can you post a link to the mount you used for the camera?
Updated post, fixed Twisties > turns

and http://www.stickypod.com/

b&H link
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._with_One.html
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Rampage
Senior Member/Old Fanboi
 
Rampage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2000 2ZZ-GE MR2 Spyder HT
Location: Back home in Ohio now
Posts: 2,446
Thanks: 1,931
Thanked 2,014 Times in 915 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by microbionic View Post
Its as close to twisties as we can get out here.
Not so! You just did not go quite far enough south. Try RT 26 between Woodsfield and Marietta. Or better yet hook up with the group on the next RT 555 run. There are plenty of Twisties on the roads between I 70 and the Ohio river.

Great video though. I was struggling to figure out where you were until you turned onto RT 9 in Kilgore then I got my bearings.

I am always struck by how much these cars DO NOT sound like a Toyota. (I know, I know.)
__________________
So many modders have more cents than sense!
Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #7
microbionic
Senior Member
 
microbionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 248
Thanks: 452
Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
Not so! You just did not go quite far enough south. Try RT 26 between Woodsfield and Marietta. Or better yet hook up with the group on the next RT 555 run. There are plenty of Twisties on the roads between I 70 and the Ohio river.

Great video though. I was struggling to figure out where you were until you turned onto RT 9 in Kilgore then I got my bearings.

I am always struck buy how much these cars DO NOT sound like a Toyota. (I know, I know.)
This was my first time down here, I live in Akron. I was relying on my phone to navigate me around the place,.. and ... well there is NO phone signal out here,.. so I quickly became lost,... so after ~1 hour drive .. I just drove north west to find Akron again...
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #8
Frost
CASC-OR T.A. Director
 
Frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Drives: '13 Prius, '22 BRZ
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,598
Thanks: 416
Thanked 917 Times in 583 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Awesome video but when you were idling you can definitely hear them crickets.

But when the engine is pushed, it sounds pretty good!

Frost
Frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:04 PM   #9
microbionic
Senior Member
 
microbionic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 248
Thanks: 452
Thanked 146 Times in 77 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
i got a few of these videos, but this one worked out the best with sound, and traffic.

I am going to keep them up, as I have been watching this one all week!
microbionic is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ohio Route 555 meet/cruise - July 14th BigOxley BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 31 07-18-2013 10:53 PM
Mid-Ohio 6/10/13 twincamRob Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting 52 06-17-2013 05:20 AM
OTOC cruise to Cruise in Country Diner OTOC Northwest 36 01-15-2013 08:18 PM
Spirited 86 driving in Korea ESBjiujitsu FR-S & 86 Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum 3 05-22-2012 02:47 AM
The BRZ is in Ohio! YeloFva BRZ First-Gen (2012+) — General Topics 19 03-02-2012 12:05 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.