follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 06-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #1
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What are your thoughts, on the human mind?

curious what you think

My general opinion is: we have a brain (pattern recognizers) to predict the future, and to move and manipulate things around. I can elaborate more, but these are the main ones I'd start with

(I study the mind)

Wave Particle Duality
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #2
whaap

Drives: '13 FR-S firestorm, 6 mt - '11 CR-V
Thanked 1,387 Times in 657 Posts
I haven't given much thought to it. I'm just glad I don't have Alzheimers.
whaap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to whaap For This Useful Post:
Giccin (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
Rayme
The Answer

Drives: Mazda 2
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
From everything I read, the mind is the in between of the physical world and inner self (spirit). The mind is pretty much just another part of the body needed for survival. The more complicated the environment, the more brain power/mind is needed. And more brain-power leads to a fuller spirit. I'm very much convinced we created a world that is literally poison for our minds, we stresses over things that never existed for the millions of years we evolved to our current point.

I really have no direction here, just blabbing lol.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
supra2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottopilot View Post
the original post was open ended on purpose...interesting commentary I'm with you on a lot of your points

Wave Particle Duality
Old 06-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
supra2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottopilot View Post
From everything I read, the mind is the in between of the physical world and inner self (spirit). The mind is pretty much just another part of the body needed for survival. The more complicated the environment, the more brain power/mind is needed. And more brain-power leads to a fuller spirit. I'm very much convinced we created a world that is literally poison for our minds, we stresses over things that never existed for the millions of years we evolved to our current point.

the brain adapts on the fly, reprograms, gets smarter, dumber, it adapts to the environment, and diet impacts the brain as well haha.

as Ray Kurzweil put it..."your thinking creates your mind." it's true. you think of French all day, you freaking begin to "learn" French. If you stress over something allllllllll the time, the section of your brain (Amygdala) involved in fear/stress/threat begins to strengthen as it becomes more active, but unfortunately causes the frontal cortex (the smart part of the brain, logic, art, poetry, invention) to shrink as the survival system of the brain shuts down the frontal cortex and lets the fear center of the brain take over. over time, this rewires too...

Wave Particle Duality

Last edited by supra2nv; 06-29-2013 at 10:57 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #6
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,562 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
This is kind of a too broad topic, iv studied the mind too and have a BA in Clinical Psychology, and was actually considering going into neurology. But as life would have it I found myself having a distaste for exploring the biological mind and more interested in the natural and supernatural aspect of the human condition. Which lead me to write my dissertation on Quantum Psychology, and how the thoughts and ideas alone can create and manipulate the universe on both a small and galactic scale.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
supra2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
This is kind of a too broad topic, iv studied the mind too and have a BA in Clinical Psychology, and was actually considering going into neurology. But as life would have it I found myself having a distaste for exploring the biological mind and more interested in the natural and supernatural aspect of the human condition. Which lead me to write my dissertation on Quantum Psychology, and how the thoughts and ideas alone can create and manipulate the universe on both a small and galactic scale.
Wave particle duality, measurement problem, collapsing of wave function, atoms are empty space, everything around us is perception of light of some form, photons traveling in "tiny" black holes called pupils. .

My line of thought

Wave Particle Duality
Old 06-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #8
supra2nv

Electromagnet field that is

Wave Particle Duality
Old 06-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #9
WingsofWar
MODERATOR-SAMA

Drives: Swagtron Scooter
Thanked 1,562 Times in 524 Posts
Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supra2nv View Post
Wave particle duality, measurement problem, collapsing of wave function, atoms are empty space, everything around us is perception of light of some form, photons traveling in "tiny" black holes called pupils. .

My line of thought
Very good!

What iv really been trying to find are avenues of discovery that would apply to quantum psychology.

Ever watch Ghost Hunter? or those Paranormal Investigation shows where EVP and and IR and thermal cameras pick up images and signatures that should not be there? And always in the form of humanoid with some type of intelligence.

I for one believe in ghosts based on 10 years of personal experience, but I also believe those ghosts are bound by the laws of nature. I think the "spirit realm" is a false illusion that allows people to place these phenomenon into a categories that kill off potential scientific research.

IMO, as we live, our body and mind both absorb and project energy. This energy can be an "imprint" or "eco" of ourselves that the surrounding environment absorbs.

Without really getting into it, i could theorize that some forms of energy can have consciousness. If this is the possibility, then its quite possible (even if far fetched) that the big bang theory and the creation of the universe was the result of single thought or idea from dense marble of energy.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:49 PM   #10
supra2nv

. The earth was flat once as well. It's all about putting your mind in the correct frame of reference is the way I look at a lot of things.

No tv here. Just think, then find people who talk about this stuff, then I dig further. Im a physics guy by nature... Bohr, Heisenberg, ...just read up on those guys. I'm merging psychology with physics with many other things in my head. My pattern recognizers are on overload just seeing a lot off cool stuff with new eyes and new mind.... Observations .
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingsofWar View Post
Very good!

What iv really been trying to find are avenues of discovery that would apply to quantum psychology.

Ever watch Ghost Hunter? or those Paranormal Investigation shows where EVP and and IR and thermal cameras pick up images and signatures that should not be there? And always in the form of humanoid with some type of intelligence.

I for one believe in ghosts based on 10 years of personal experience, but I also believe those ghosts are bound by the laws of nature. I think the "spirit realm" is a false illusion that allows people to place these phenomenon into a categories that kill off potential scientific research.

IMO, as we live, our body and mind both absorb and project energy. This energy can be an "imprint" or "eco" of ourselves that the surrounding environment absorbs.

Without really getting into it, i could theorize that some forms of energy can have consciousness. If this is the possibility, then its quite possible (even if far fetched) that the big bang theory and the creation of the universe was the result of single thought or idea from dense marble of energy.

Wave Particle Duality

Last edited by supra2nv; 06-29-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: typo...i suck at spelling lol
Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 PM   #11
Dustin
Twin Screw You

Drives: 2013 Supercharged Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
I can count to 100 all by myself
Dustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #12
supra2nv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin View Post
I can count to 100 all by myself
That would be linear

Wave Particle Duality
Old 06-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #13
sklimo
Banned

Drives: 2013 Supercharged SSM BRZ Limited
Thanked 12,901 Times in 5,671 Posts
Mentioned: 316 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
The mind can do whatever you want it to. My mother taught me how to make itches not itch anymore. If you believe it doesn't itch it won't. Same with pain. When something hurts injury or tattoos, I got a lot, can take it cuz make my brain not make it hurt. I know our brain has way more potential then we use as humans, but got no clue to the extent.
sklimo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sklimo For This Useful Post:
supra2nv (06-29-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #14
dsmx17
4g63>rotards

Drives: 98'GSX 11'Tundra 10'Wrangler
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
"tonight on fringe"
dsmx17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dsmx17 For This Useful Post: