follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
rikdrt1
Hypnotic FRS Member

Drives: FR-S [Raven]
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
trying to decide on new wheels

so here is a question - dumb one maybe but.

id like to stay as stock as possible but keep the 17x7 or upgrade to maybe 17x8 at most.

alot of choices but how can i try some without buying them ?

im having a hard time trying to figure out what type of finish goes good with the BLACk car.. i like gray but not enough pics.

i want to buy a rim and try it and if it doesnt work out or return i guess i can refund - but alot of online stores will cost a bit to ship back.. and not sure if they would let me ship back if i mount some tires on it...

dang , the more i think about it the more i feel like keeping the stock rims... too much work and guessing... ?

i guess i can see if there is a non-web dealer near me that would do me the favor of trying a few out --but i doubt it.

im lost...
rikdrt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rikdrt1 For This Useful Post:
akuhei (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
xdbuix

Drives: 2013 Galaxy Blue Limited BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikdrt1 View Post
so here is a question - dumb one maybe but.

id like to stay as stock as possible but keep the 17x7 or upgrade to maybe 17x8 at most.

alot of choices but how can i try some without buying them ?

im having a hard time trying to figure out what type of finish goes good with the BLACk car.. i like gray but not enough pics.

i want to buy a rim and try it and if it doesnt work out or return i guess i can refund - but alot of online stores will cost a bit to ship back.. and not sure if they would let me ship back if i mount some tires on it...

dang , the more i think about it the more i feel like keeping the stock rims... too much work and guessing... ?

i guess i can see if there is a non-web dealer near me that would do me the favor of trying a few out --but i doubt it.

im lost...
Discounttiredirect.com and tirerack.com both have ways to preview the rim on the car. It's pretty much a picture of a car side shot with the rims on it. It's really nice.
Old 10-10-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Hippophobia

Drives: 2013 Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
If you go to a wheel/tire store they will usually just throw them on little racks in front of the stock wheels to give you an idea on what it will look like. Every place I've been has done that at least. The only issue there is you are stuck with what they physically have.

Or just google search the wheels and see them mounted on other same colored cars, FRS or otherwise.
Hippophobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
TuxedoCartman
Banned

Drives: '13 86
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
This is what you want...
https://www.fujicorporation.com/eng/...g/fitting.aspx

Lets you check out pretty much every wheel known to man against whatever car you have, with ride height adjustability, different backgrounds, etc... Works like the Tirerack's program, but way more wheels and options.
TuxedoCartman is offline   Reply With Quote