follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2026, 11:50 AM   #1
tcarnes08
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Drives: frs
Location: las vegas
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Valve shim clearances

Hey guys, I just need some help. I just got a quick question so I’m in the process of setting the clearances on the valve shims right that sit right under the rockers at the tip of the valves. So I set all my clearances to the right specs and then I set the timing on the motor and then cranked it about 2 to 3 times went back to check the clearances and then they were all off. Anybody else have this issue and then how to resolve this?
tcarnes08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Understanding Subaru Valve Lash "Shim" Numbering? hotrod1442 Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 3 01-29-2026 05:44 PM
Valve clearances on built block jrhudson Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 11 08-12-2021 02:36 PM
BRZ Lip Kit Clearances FRZ Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) 1 01-09-2017 01:07 AM
Does anyone have a complete valve shim kit that I can rent or borrow? D K Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 0 04-13-2015 02:42 PM
Valve shim confusion.. Hempo Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 0 02-16-2015 04:45 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.