follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 05-14-2021, 09:27 PM   #1
DQR

Drives: Blue 2015 FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Greddy Evo GT exhaust review

I spent months researching for a catback on the forums and YouTube that would change the sound of my car mission accomplished just not the way I envisioned. The install wasn’t bad for my first time had a friend with jack stands who has experience wrenching took about an hour and a half. It definitely felt good doing this myself with some help instead of paying for it. My friend thinks it sounds good but he owns a straight piped variable valve exhaust chevelle.

I understand that this exhaust was one of the louder exhausts for our car but damn. It is on 10 all the time and is a lot to handle. Also, listening to music is not the same anymore it can be difficult to hear and sounds more distorted.
As a daily driver it is borderline too much. I might look to swap it out with a used Borla catback or TRD catback. Hope this helps others finding their exhaust.

Last edited by DQR; 05-14-2021 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Left out an important detail.
DQR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:54 PM   #2
Joveen

Drives: Bone stock
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I just think your not use to having a loud car. I have 3 all the way back from the header and it's nothing.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
Joveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:34 PM   #3
scion fr-s

Drives: 2017 PP BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post
I just think your not use to having a loud car. I have 3 all the way back from the header and it's nothing.

Your neighbors must hate you for being so loud.
scion fr-s is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scion fr-s For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-15-2021)
Old 05-14-2021, 11:45 PM   #4
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
3 inch is pretty loud for sure

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
NoHaveMSG (05-15-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 06:43 PM   #5
DQR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joveen View Post

Your are definitely right I am not use to it with this being my first exhaust modification. To each their own.
Old 05-17-2021, 08:52 AM   #6
spcmafia

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ
Thanked 4,161 Times in 1,998 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQR View Post
I spent months researching for a catback on the forums and YouTube that would change the sound of my car mission accomplished just not the way I envisioned. The install wasn’t bad for my first time had a friend with jack stands who has experience wrenching took about an hour and a half. It definitely felt good doing this myself with some help instead of paying for it. My friend thinks it sounds good but he owns a straight piped variable valve exhaust chevelle.

I understand that this exhaust was one of the louder exhausts for our car but damn. It is on 10 all the time and is a lot to handle. Also, listening to music is not the same anymore it can be difficult to hear and sounds more distorted.
As a daily driver it is borderline too much. I might look to swap it out with a used Borla catback or TRD catback. Hope this helps others finding their exhaust.

One thing you could take a look at is replacing the exhaust hangers. There is a thread discussing this new finding. You'll have to order them from Nengun or any other website that ships straight from Japan. The JDM hangers are meatier than U.S.A Spec ones and have been found to greatly reduce cabin noise/drone/vibration.

If you are deadset on replacing the catback, Borla is not going to be any better, I would go with TRD, Q300, R400, Perrin.
spcmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 08:28 AM   #7
DQR

Quote:
Originally Posted by spcmafia View Post
One thing you could take a look at is replacing the exhaust hangers. There is a thread discussing this new finding. You'll have to order them from Nengun or any other website that ships straight from Japan. The JDM hangers are meatier than U.S.A Spec ones and have been found to greatly reduce cabin noise/drone/vibration.

If you are deadset on replacing the catback, Borla is not going to be any better, I would go with TRD, Q300, R400, Perrin.
Thank you very much for the info that thread was very helpful. I will give it a shot much rather replace the two hangers than the whole exhaust.
The Following User Says Thank You to DQR For This Useful Post:
spcmafia (05-21-2021)