|
||||||
| Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2015 Brz
Location: Absecon, NJ
Posts: 65
Thanks: 15
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
BBK and winter wheels
okay so I've hit the 5 hour mark and I'm giving up on searching. I'm in search of a set of winter wheels that'll fit a 225/45/17 tire, i already own, ( 17x8?) and clear the 2011 sti brembos. I've got thru all the member's rides and does it fit threads that i can stand. I really would like a knock off set of te37s, my question is does anyone know if anyone makes a te37 style wheel in 17x8ish that'll clear a bbk? the xxr 527 17x8.25 +25 is about the only good looking cheap wheel i can find
__________________
2015 BRZ
Perrin Catback | Gruppe-s UEL | Gram Lights 57xtreme | STI Brembos | RCE Super Street-1 Coilovers | Tom's | ECUtek |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,336
Thanks: 698
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,437 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
|
My first suggestion would be to not retrofit brakes from other car to not shift brake bias, second suggestion would be to go for narrower winter tires (then even stock), eg. 205 or 195, third would be to better search in wrx/sti or subaru in general related forums (eg. nasioc), as imho there should be higher number of users of those brakes, thus higher chance to find out fitment/wheels to clear particular brake kit. There are not many twin owners that are willing to make braking worse just to get brembo branding on brakes for cheap, thus way lesser number of from whom to find out wheel clearance of those brakes.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 | |
|
Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: 2015 Brz
Location: Absecon, NJ
Posts: 65
Thanks: 15
Thanked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
|
Quote:
Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk
__________________
2015 BRZ
Perrin Catback | Gruppe-s UEL | Gram Lights 57xtreme | STI Brembos | RCE Super Street-1 Coilovers | Tom's | ECUtek |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2015
Drives: 2014 GT86
Location: Latvia, Riga
Posts: 4,336
Thanks: 698
Thanked 2,091 Times in 1,437 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
|
I disliked how 215 tires given relatively light weight of twins often tended to float above snow slush, my guess, that 225 might be even worse. (if you also will go this route, not worth getting too wide wheels, as that will mean overstretched narrow tires, better x7. Sidebonus - lighter wheels).
One of several reasons i stayed with stock brakes is also winter use. (with salt, thus better have brakes with dust boots, and because there are many R16 wheels that clear twins stock brakes. Pros of which - cheaper tires/extra comfort & rim protection at bad winter roads/broad availability of used fitting subaru wheels, and drawback of worse handling doesn't matter, as all-season or winter tires will be soft/squirming/of non sharp steering anyway). Regarding fitment, you can try to find threads about sti retrofit, and try asking people in those threads, which wheels they use. But as wrote above, higher chance in other forums. WRX/STI were sold in higher numbers then twins in general, and even more so vs small numbers done retrofit. Make list from found clearing wheel models(& their sizes/offset), and then look up how they look, to find ones to your liking. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
BoostedBRZ
Join Date: Mar 2014
Drives: Turbo BRZ
Location: IL
Posts: 689
Thanks: 171
Thanked 259 Times in 191 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
|
Looks like the Rota GRA will fit.
7.5x17 ET48 Rota GRA https://www.scoobynet.com/members-ga...r-brembos.html this is interesting since I had the STi Brembo BBK for awhile on my car as I tracked it. Luckily I never had to drive it in the winter. It did come across my head from time to time what if I had to do it, I would have no idea what wheels I'd get, now I know. Hope this helps.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: Legacy GT
Location: compton
Posts: 534
Thanks: 9
Thanked 368 Times in 206 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
|
I mean, this is right at the top of the wheel/tire section on nasioc:
https://forums.nasioc.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=448097 Buut, first post hasn't been updated in 12 years so that means a lot of wheels aren't on there. RPF1s in 17x8 +45 and I think 7.5 fit for example and aren't on the list. Searching the thread for specific wheels would probably tell you if they fit or not though. Or go to tirerack and say you have a 2004 sti and see what comes up. https://www.tirerack.com/wheels/resu...4&autoModClar= |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| Fast Wheels Hayaku's or Enkei VR5's for winter wheels? | Breadstickz | Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack | 1 | 08-02-2017 07:09 PM |
| *Wheels Collection* Winter Package 2015-2016 (Alloy Wheels + Tires) | wheelsco | Canada Classifieds | 4 | 10-08-2015 03:55 PM |
| WTB: Winter tires/wheels | Breeze86 | Want-To-Buy Requests | 1 | 11-12-2014 11:05 AM |
| Wtb: winter tires and wheels | Boofneenee | Want-To-Buy Requests | 0 | 11-25-2013 03:40 PM |