follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing)

Mechanical Maintenance (Oil, Fluids, Break-In, Servicing) Everything related to the mechanical maintenance of the FR-S and BRZ

User Tag List

Old 01-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #1
Turbo86

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Some questions about Millers Oils (NT, NT+, TRX)

I was wanting to order some transmission fluid this weekend and couldn't contact the guys at http://performanceracingoils.com so I was going to see if anyone on here could answer my questions.

On their website if you fill out their "which oil to use" form it says to use the TRX Semi-Synthetic 75W90 for manual transmissions.

Is it better to use their CRX LS 75W90 NT? http://performanceracingoils.com/crx-ls-75w90-nt/

And would it be even better to use the NT+?
http://performanceracingoils.com/mil...-crx-75w90-nt/

What is the difference between the NT and NT+? Is one of them more race-oriented than the other? Does one need to be changed more frequently than the other?

For reference I'm considering using it in my turbo 86, mostly street driven on the weekend (canyon runs and spirited driving).
Occasionally tracked (hpde few times a year, autocross more often)

Turbo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 02:00 PM   #2
Turbo86

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
If anybody is interested I got this response from Performance Racing Oils, so I'll be running the NT+:

The manual TL70 6 speed box requires an API: GL-4 SAE 75W-90.

So, yes you can use CRX 75w90 NT+ no problem; but if the vehicle is in warranty you probably shouldn't. If it is in warranty then we would recommend TRX SYNTH 75w90. The reason I mention the warrantee issue is that Auto manufacturers are very persnickety about their oil specs. Our CRX products have extra protection particles not called out in their specification. Even though the oil is better than what is specified, if the customer ever has a warranty issue with the trans, he might find himselfout of luck if they find out he was using the CRX products.
Turbo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turbo86 For This Useful Post:
dholloway543 (11-14-2019), gravitylover (01-08-2018)