follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

Register and become an FT86Club.com member. You will see fewer ads

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2017, 06:44 PM   #1
GVegas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Blue Series
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Exhaust Opinions

I am looking at getting the 2.5 Perrin resonated exhaust and was looking in to pairing it with a header and possible front pipe/ over pipe or some other combo.
Questions are what headers pair up good with the Perrin 2.5? Can I skip out on the front pipe and over pipe and just do headers and cat back? If I get a cat less header will that cause any alerts to go off on the dashboard, if so can that be fixed with a OFT Tune?

I few things about me and the car.
I am looking for a deep rumble sound that comes alive when I get on it, but isn't obnoxious in the cabin or when cruising. I know the Perrin 2.5 can provide that. I do not plan on going with FI in the future. If there is anything else you need to know please ask. Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

2015 BRZ Blue Series - No Mods -
GVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 01:52 PM   #2
GVegas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Blue Series
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Well even after the lack of responses my research lead me to purchase Perrin 2.5 Resonated Cat Back, Borla UEL Header v2, and Open Flash Tablet. If anyone is interested in this combo I can post a video when I get it all installed
GVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
timmydatooth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Drives: Scion Frs
Location: Florida
Posts: 342
Thanks: 74
Thanked 32 Times in 27 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
what made you go with borla UEL? why not tomei, JDL, or even the OFH to pair with your OFT?
timmydatooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #4
GVegas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Blue Series
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
There was two factors one I found some videos on youtube of the Borla headers that sounded amazing and the Dyno Charts look good for eliminating the torque dip as well. Second I found it on sale for a great price.

Last edited by GVegas; 04-05-2017 at 05:22 PM.
GVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #5
GVegas
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Blue Series
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 82
Thanks: 3
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GVegas View Post
There was two factors one I found some videos on youtube of the Borla headers that sounded amazing and the Dyno Charts look good for eliminating the torque dip as well. Second I found it on sale for a great price.
After some more research and deliberation I changed my mind and decided to go with the OFH v3 Header.
GVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRD Exhaust Opinions?? seeknowmoree Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 5 06-12-2016 05:16 PM
exhaust opinions FloridaBRZ Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 23 04-01-2015 09:44 PM
opinions on exhaust setup BuntaFujiwara Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 7 05-28-2014 04:46 AM
Exhaust Opinions protpibe Engine, Exhaust, Transmission 1 04-07-2014 05:41 PM
Catback exhaust opinions? Ms. FR-S Southern California 34 10-22-2012 07:37 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2026 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.