follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southwest

Southwest AZ, NM, NV, OK, TX, UT

User Tag List

Old 02-18-2017, 04:06 PM   #1
BuffDriver

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ owners in s. hou, Pland, Alvin, CL area help me w/ OFT and?

Hello, I am looking for other platform owners locally to share experiences and knowledge about our cars and specifically for help on OFT. I bought one and have read all the paper instructions and visited every thread here and others on the internet, but....

I am a total novice and have never had a tune on any car in my life. Never dynoed anything or modded ever before. And to be honest, I don't want to start a new career in tuning and become a 'master'. I just want to get a tune and have it tweeked for my mods and no more. What I am saying is that I need some help and not be told 'just do it you will be fine.' because sometimes people DO need a jumpstart before they can fly on their own.

I am also interested in driving skills and have never even taken a ride with anyone in a performance car so I want to ride with someone and learn. I haven't with mine yet because I fear wrecking since I have no experience to build a base of 'common sense' on. Someone out there who would like to show off and in the process show me what can be done/learned that is not Hollywood movie BS (which is all I have seen).

And yes, eventually I want to track my car at least once! Last night I bought the pads and fluid (Ferodo DS2500 n Motul RBF600) to change over to in expectation of doing it.

I plan on no other mods beyond what is listed below. It's time to use what I have.

Anyone want to show me what can be done with this?
Edelbrock SC kit w/ ECUtek tune, Oil Cooler, UEL catted header, Perrin 2.5 Overpipe n Catted midpipe, 3.0 Catback resonated (all exhst ceramic coated), TRD short shifter, MTEC clutch n trans springs, Trans: Pentosin MTF2, Diff: Motul 75W90, Whiteline trans bushing, 3/4" clutch slave cyl., Ferodo DS2500 pads w/Motul 600 fluid, 17x8 wheels n 235/45ZR-17 tires
BuffDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:45 PM   #2
BuffDriver

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Update. No response from anyone so I went ahead and forked out the $500.00 to dyno and custom tune.

And have called and set up for "driving" instruction at Motor Speedway Resort track which is close to me. Even thinking about signing up for the Fittipaldi Exotic Driving... I will pick the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni to drive the 17 turn, 2.38 mile road course. Sex in a bucket seat!

Still would like to meet some other locals.
Edelbrock SC kit w/ ECUtek tune, Oil Cooler, UEL catted header, Perrin 2.5 Overpipe n Catted midpipe, 3.0 Catback resonated (all exhst ceramic coated), TRD short shifter, MTEC clutch n trans springs, Trans: Pentosin MTF2, Diff: Motul 75W90, Whiteline trans bushing, 3/4" clutch slave cyl., Ferodo DS2500 pads w/Motul 600 fluid, 17x8 wheels n 235/45ZR-17 tires
BuffDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:04 AM   #3
meWant

Drives: '16 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
afaik, most of the Houston people chat up in a Facebook group, linked below

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Houston86Club/

A lot of HPDE events in there as well, they may be able to answer questions better. also just as a fair warning, the group likes to have fun so some trolling may occur
meWant is offline   Reply With Quote