follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 01-22-2017, 05:22 PM   #1
rice_classic

Drives: Nevermorange FRS
Thanked 4,200 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Xbox one - Forza 6, Assetto Corsa, Project cars - ONLINE play?

Only method of gaming is my XBOX one and I have G920 wheel setup.

I've played Forza 2/3/4/6 but I'm giving up.. The multiplayer online hopper system entirely destroys any hopes of having fun racing with others and T10 looks to never bring back customizable public lobbies.

So I'm going to pick up either Project Cars or Assetto Corsa and I'm wondering which one has the best multi-player experience on XBL.

And in anticipation of the obvious:
1: I won't be gaming with a PC
2: I'm already aware of iRacing.. but see #1.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
TofuJoe
Ohne Titel

Drives: 2017 BRZ PP ISM
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have an Xbox One S and a G920, too. Have Forza 6, Horizon 2, Project Cars, and Dirt Rally. Haven't done any online racing, just against drivatars. Will be interested to hear other responses about how group racing works.
TofuJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 06:03 PM   #3
Silver Cervy
*Some really cool title*

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've done a lot of online playing in Forza 6 and a little in Assetto. Forza 6 is basically crash simulator 2015 and you'll never be able to avoid wreckers unless you do private matches with some buddies or a ghost league. People cut corners and use other drivers as walls so they don't have to brake. It's an absolutely terrible experience about 90% of the time, but during that other 10% when you get a lobby mainly full of clean racers and you get into a heated battle at the front it's insanely fun and is why I've put so much time into it. EDIT: If you do continue to play Forza, I recommend doing the GT endurance lobby. A lot of clean, respectful drivers play there regularly and it's the best chance you have of getting consecutive clean races.

Assetto is a lot more hardcore. You have to practice a good bit before you'll be ready to be competitive online, and the online rules can be very confusing at times. You have to pit once during the race and you have to go the pit lane speed limit which it doesn't tell you so you have to guess what it is, then squeeze yourself into this tiny box and wait a second, then it brings up a menu of things you can alter or change on your car which is very overwhelming at first and most likely you'll end up just backing out and you'll exit the pits without doing anything. If you don't pit correctly it doesn't count it and you'll be DQ'd after the race. Other people online are generally cleaner than on Forza but you'll still find wreckers every now and then, and when they wreck you your race is essentially over.

I did play Project Cars for about a month when it was released and I had a lot of fun on it. The reasons I left were because of my irrational addiction to Forza and the fact that I didn't understand tuning at all on that game and people with tuned cars were significantly faster.

If you are serious about racing simulators and are willing to learn every aspect of the game and work on mastering them, and considering that you are using a wheel, I think Project Cars is the best choice for you.

Btw if you ever want to play one of these games with a clean racer, add me: unLtd Cervy
Silver Cervy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Silver Cervy For This Useful Post:
TofuJoe (01-22-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 01:40 PM   #4
websunil77

Drives: My car is Honda civic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Great Discussion.
Informative. Thanks

Last edited by websunil77; 05-01-2018 at 10:15 AM.
websunil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #5
gatorbushmen
Amateur Drifter

Drives: '13 FRS
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If you're trying to drift, Assetto is pretty fun. I play with a G920 and it feels pretty solid. Racing is weird though, for some reason I cannot get the wheel to not sway uncontrollably if driving in a straight line.