|
||||||
| Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain. |
![]() |
|
|
Thread Tools | Search this Thread |
|
|
#1 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 444
Thanks: 292
Thanked 218 Times in 133 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
Need help picking a Front Pipe
Hello Forum!
I have used the Googles and haven't found what I am looking for, so I am hoping people with similar setups will be able to chime in and help me out. I currently have a catted JDL UEL header, Perrin OP, and Perrin 2.5" resonated CBE. I would like to get the volume a little louder without sounding like a complete jackass when I drive around. Is there anyone with a similar setup who can provide videos so I can hear what various other front pipes sound like with this setup? So far, I am looking into Nameless, Berk, and Motiv. I am thinking about ditching the cat since I have a catted header. Will still probably choose a resonated version as I want absolutely no rasp. Price isn't an issue. I originally thought I would keep the stock FP since I heard it has a decent diameter and isn't a bottleneck, but I think changing it out will allow me to hit the volume level I am after while still keeping the really deep subie rumble. Last edited by Brayden_23; 05-27-2016 at 04:52 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2013
Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Location: ONTARIO CA
Posts: 650
Thanks: 208
Thanked 393 Times in 213 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
|
JDL is my bet.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Drives: frs
Location: Gunsai
Posts: 4,960
Thanks: 7,502
Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,803 Posts
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 444
Thanks: 292
Thanked 218 Times in 133 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
Do you happen to have some sound clips of your setup? Or are you throwing out another FP for me to consider?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 559
Thanks: 39
Thanked 173 Times in 143 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
|
HKS or Fujitsubo double resonated front pipe might be what you're looking for.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2015
Drives: Asphalt 2015 FRS
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 444
Thanks: 292
Thanked 218 Times in 133 Posts
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
|
Hahah I really appreciate all the suggestions, but I still have the issue of not knowing what it would sound like since I can't find any videos of similar setups!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Dec 2013
Drives: 2014 Scion FRS (Asphalt)
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 559
Thanks: 39
Thanked 173 Times in 143 Posts
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
|
Front pipes with the same layout (ie. catted vs catted) are going to sound relatively the same across brands. All aftermarket front pipes are going to sound louder than stock. And so, since your goal is louder with no rasp, you're going to want to get a front pipe with a resonator in it to control the rasp.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#8 |
|
Mountain Runner
Join Date: Jan 2014
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Location: Boone, NC and Charlotte area NC
Posts: 714
Thanks: 489
Thanked 142 Times in 105 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
|
If you go with the JDL OP/FP combination (or the similar nameless one) then you'll be getting a top quality product AND you'll be able to sell your Perrin overpipe to make up some of the price.
Video of similar setup to described, video is NOT MINE… but I've heard an identical setup in person and this isn't too far off. I believe the person in this video has the catless JDL, I believe the one I heard at a meet had the catted JDL header like you do. The main difference between the two is volume. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVg7gXnVQ-8"]Subaru BRZ JDL UEL, Catted Nameless DP/OP w/Helmholtz, Perrin Res Catback 2.5" - YouTube[/ame] Hope that helps a little
__________________
2013 BRZ 6MT Limited: "Quick as Hell, on a Budget" Build • Ceramic Coated Gruppe-S UEL/OP • Konig Hypergrams • RS4 200tw • Koni Yellows, Eibach Springs • Ferodo DS2500's
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Senior Member
Join Date: Aug 2014
Drives: 2013 FR-S
Location: Northwest Iowa
Posts: 7,359
Thanks: 454
Thanked 4,550 Times in 2,950 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Similar Threads
|
||||
| Thread | Thread Starter | Forum | Replies | Last Post |
| WTT Invidia catless front pipe for a resonated/catted front pipe | nickmerronesucks | Want-To-Buy Requests | 3 | 05-10-2016 02:25 PM |
| HKS front pipe or dual resonated front pipe | unsurety | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 18 | 02-22-2016 09:22 AM |
| Catless Front Pipe VS Test Front Pipe. What's the Difference? | geruta | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 48 | 04-23-2015 04:07 PM |
| Gains from aftermarket catted front pipe vs stock front pipe? | Vmax911 | Engine, Exhaust, Transmission | 4 | 01-20-2014 01:42 PM |