follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 03-09-2016, 01:46 PM   #1
amazingbrz

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
HELP: SEIBON SIDE SKIRT INSTALL

Anyone have the Seibon TA style side skirts installed. Can you take a picture or give me a brief explanation of how you did it.

I took it to the two different shops and they were confused how to do it. I called the Shop that sold me it and they told me to call Seibon. I called Seibon and told me they dont have instructions =/ . The only thing they told me was to remove the hardware from the stock side skirt........

I guess they dont come with hardware or instructions and the side of our cars is curved not flat.

I decided to change out my bayson r side skirt (really easy to install) to Seibon TA Side Skirts but now I wonder if it was a good idea....
amazingbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:01 PM   #2
continuecrushing

Drives: 2013 Firestorm FRS
Thanked 2,144 Times in 1,003 Posts
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
From what I recall (don't have them on my own car-but when we did an install) you pretty much decide how far you want them to stick out.

So hold up the sideskirt/prop it up books/boards/wood etc with it on the car, and eyeball it until you like the distance that it sticks out.

Then, install it with self-tapping screws.

Not real precise, but thats how we did it last time. Also, make sure you measure the distance on one side first, and match that to the other of course-so one side doesn't stick out more than the other.
continuecrushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #3
amazingbrz

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
thanks for the reply

Do you remember if the skirt goes directly on the car or there was any brackets or whatever in between?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutter View Post
From what I recall (don't have them on my own car-but when we did an install) you pretty much decide how far you want them to stick out.

So hold up the sideskirt/prop it up books/boards/wood etc with it on the car, and eyeball it until you like the distance that it sticks out.

Then, install it with self-tapping screws.

Not real precise, but thats how we did it last time. Also, make sure you measure the distance on one side first, and match that to the other of course-so one side doesn't stick out more than the other.
amazingbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #4
continuecrushing

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingbrz View Post
thanks for the reply

Do you remember if the skirt goes directly on the car or there was any brackets or whatever in between?

Thanks
we didn't use any brackets-just lined it up where we liked it, and screwed it in.

I remember our install guy saying wtf lol when we we're installing them.
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
amazingbrz (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
continuecrushing

and I'm trying look through my photos for ANY photos from that day-I can't seem to find them though
The Following User Says Thank You to continuecrushing For This Useful Post:
amazingbrz (03-09-2016)