follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 02-02-2016, 01:44 AM   #1
sgoldberg01

Drives: 2014 subaru brz
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is the ECUTECH right for my car?

How's it going guys I'm new to the forum and starting to finally work on my BRZ as money is available for such deliciousness. Lol but I wanted to add some power with the ECUTECH flash. The car is stock minus an injen intake and a MXP catback. Is this a right fit for my vehicle? If not what would be your recomendation for me at this point? Thanks for your help guys.
sgoldberg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 02:01 AM   #2
steve99
Banned

Drives: FT86
Thanked 4,987 Times in 2,981 Posts
Mentioned: 598 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldberg01 View Post
How's it going guys I'm new to the forum and starting to finally work on my BRZ as money is available for such deliciousness. Lol but I wanted to add some power with the ECUTECH flash. The car is stock minus an injen intake and a MXP catback. Is this a right fit for my vehicle? If not what would be your recomendation for me at this point? Thanks for your help guys.

maybe read the Basis Bolt on Mods Guide below

best bang for buck mods for power on naturally aspirated car are catless header and a tune

does not rearly matter if it Open Flash tablet OFT tune or ecutek tune

unfortunatly intakes and catbacks make almost no power even with tune
steve99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:
jsalaz03 (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 02:11 AM   #3
jsalaz03

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ Limited (MT)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hello welcome to the forum
Honestly, It depends what you want to do with your car.
Are you looking to track it, or is it your daily and you just want a little moar powah!! lol. jk
ECUTEK is great, but if you can find a tuner near you that can dyno and use Ecutek that would be awsome. Also you can still get a nice little boost in the HP department from a fairly stock BRZ. I would recommend looking around the forums. There's plenty of info on mods and Tuning.

Also I live in NJ also, MOTOEAST in P.A could help you out or if you dont mind driving up to C.T EFI logics too. There are alot of tuners in the Jersey area, give them a call.
Old 02-02-2016, 02:37 AM   #4
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Smile

OP you should do it after u get a good header. :3

intake & catback don't really do anything.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 06:22 AM   #5
sgoldberg01

Haha thanks guys actually helped me a lot but I agree it doesn't really had power with the tiny mods I've done just makes her sound esteticly pleasing plus it's always the first stage into mod bug. I do custom interiors on cars n bikes so I'm hoping to get started in that on my car very shortly I'll post pics as I begin my journey. Thanks guys for your help you have now put me in the right direction

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2016, 10:33 AM   #6
Ashikabi

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 4,543 Times in 2,948 Posts
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Quote:
Haha thanks guys actually helped me a lot but I agree it doesn't really had power with the tiny mods I've done just makes her sound esteticly pleasing plus it's always the first stage into mod bug. I do custom interiors on cars n bikes so I'm hoping to get started in that on my car very shortly I'll post pics as I begin my journey. Thanks guys for your help you have now put me in the right direction

You do custom interiors ehh? Can you find a way to make a plaque for the coin tray in the console? Looks like you have the brz so this would be where your seat buttons are. I have an FRS. I haven't found a plaque I like yet, that's why I'm looking for someone to make one
Ashikabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:15 AM   #7
sgoldberg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
You do custom interiors ehh? Can you find a way to make a plaque for the coin tray in the console? Looks like you have the brz so this would be where your seat buttons are. I have an FRS. I haven't found a plaque I like yet, that's why I'm looking for someone to make one
Its possible I could what are you looking for specifically? I actually just purchased one that looked amazing in pictures n turned out to be the shittiest thing I've ever seen so this could b fun. But I'd need ta know what direction or color

Old 02-02-2016, 11:18 AM   #8
Ashikabi

Quote:
Its possible I could what are you looking for specifically? I actually just purchased one that looked amazing in pictures n turned out to be the shittiest thing I've ever seen so this could b fun. But I'd need ta know what direction or color

I'll pm you
Old 02-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #9
Shiv@Openflash

Drives: 2013 FRS
Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,494 Posts
Mentioned: 605 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Quote:
Unless you have decided upon the Ecutek flash, you might want to check out our OpenFlash Tablet.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Either myself or a few thousand GT86 OFT users can answer
Shiv@Openflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
sgoldberg01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv@Openflash View Post
Unless you have decided upon the Ecutek flash, you might want to check out our OpenFlash Tablet.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Either myself or a few thousand GT86 OFT users can answer
It says for competition use only. Is this system also ok for street use? This seems like more up my ally just want to make sure

Old 02-02-2016, 12:07 PM   #11
Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
It says for competition use only. Is this system also ok for street use? This seems like more up my ally just want to make sure

Technically, 99% of the performance upgrades you find for your car are for "competition use only". But we can't stop our customers for using them on the street
Old 02-02-2016, 12:09 PM   #12
Ashikabi

Quote:

They say that for legal reasons. Same for nearly all aftermarket parts. I have ecutek and get my maps altered for new parts remotely, I never have to go to a dyno. Same as oft. The only benefit to ecutek is the option for custom tuning. But unless you plan to do something crazy, nearly all available part combinations already have maps so it really doesn't matter. Be aware new maps for ecutek cost money while oft maps are free(to my knowledge). Oft probably slightly easier to flash. Maybe if you plan on FI, that would be your deciding factor. Dunno about OFT fi tunes
The Following User Says Thank You to Ashikabi For This Useful Post:
go_a_way1 (02-02-2016)
Old 02-02-2016, 12:22 PM   #13
Shiv@Openflash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashikabi View Post
They say that for legal reasons. Same for nearly all aftermarket parts. I have ecutek and get my maps altered for new parts remotely, I never have to go to a dyno. Same as oft. The only benefit to ecutek is the option for custom tuning. But unless you plan to do something crazy, nearly all available part combinations already have maps so it really doesn't matter. Be aware new maps for ecutek cost money while oft maps are free(to my knowledge). Oft probably slightly easier to flash. Maybe if you plan on FI, that would be your deciding factor. Dunno about OFT fi tunes
The OFT is supported a number of FI kits at this time. We have over 100 OFT350 (SBD turbo) cars out there. Each of which I have personally custom e-tuned. So it definitely supports custom tuning and boost
Old 02-02-2016, 12:25 PM   #14
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Honestly if you have to ask and you want to tune then OFT is better for you as it is super user friendly. I run ECUTEK and will never change, unless I go standalone but there is no need for that yet.
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote