follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
jellygorilla

Drives: Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wink FR-S/BRZ vs. Fiat 500 Lounge/Gucci

Well, the performance is a no brainer in this case even for the Abarth version.
However, what I really want to compare is the styling and the uniqueness.

Personally related reason to start this thread: I'll be buying my a girl a car this christmas (assuming the world won't end on 12/21/12) and she's been overwhelmingly complimenting both cars; FR-S being damn sexy and Fiat being so damn adorable.

What are some points that I should consider in both cars?
and again, performance is not the part or discussion here. FRS/BRZ wins hands down in that department.
jellygorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #2
CSSM
Still Dreamin'

Drives: 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
You asked the wrong forum
CSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Aki

Drives: '96 beater Corolla
Lol since I actually drove the Fiat 500 Gucci for a week, and the Abarth and the FR-S I'll chime in.

The Fiat is just not a well-made car, whether you're talking about the regular or the Abarth (Abarth is bad. Understeers like crazy, and you can't turn off the stability control completely). The main problem is the chassis--it's simply not rigid enough and you feel it flexing all over the place. The Gucci edition with the open top has a lot of issues that it shouldn't. For example, if you open the top past halfway, from around 50 mph you get a lot of wind buffeting (an annoying thudding sound). Same goes for the windows--you can't put them all the way down without getting buffeting. Even if you're not going to aggressively push the car, as a cruiser it's a subpar experience. It's agile with a small turning radius, but so many bumps transmit through the body (likely also due to the shorter wheelbase), that you're relieved whenever you get out of the car.

Interior quality of the Gucci is actually better than the regular and Abarth. The door knob on the regular model is so loose it feels like it's going to fall off on its own. The Gucci edition uses a lot of brushed aluminum in place of plastic. But the dash is still hard plastic, and feels cheap overall. Seats look nicer with the Gucci-branded leather but isn't any more supportive or comfortable.

Lastly the Gucci edition is embarrassing to drive if you're a guy, so style-wise unless you're a girl that shops at Forever 21 you'll be ducking your head at every intersection. Was glad when I gave the car back.
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aki For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (05-05-2015)
Old 09-28-2012, 03:04 AM   #4
crazyyankeefan

Drives: 370Z
A Fiat 500...seriously? duh......
crazyyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote