follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs)

Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) Wash, Wax, Details, Repairs

User Tag List

Old 08-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #1
Chewie4299
Spaceman

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cleaning the Rear Window

So I got the exterior of my car detailed and opti-coated shortly after buying it and have been using a combo of touchless washes and two bucket washing at home to keep the outside clean since I got it.

Last week I gave the interior a good cleaning and ran into some obstacles. Keeping my windows clean is a big deal for me. I HATE when they are grimy or filmy.

I used Stoner's invisible glass and an old (clean) T-shirt as a rag. This was only due to running out of clean microfiber cloths and being too lazy to wait. At any rate it worked okay but could have been better. I'll be sure to do this properly next time around.

Cramming myself the wrong way into the back seat was NOT fun.

What techniques or tools are people using to clean the inside of the back window? I can tell that the area around the third brake light and the very bottom of the window are still dirty when looking through my rear view mirror at night. I couldn't effectively clean in those areas. I was worried about damaging the light as I've read about it breaking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:29 PM   #2
pinoyplaya

Drives: WRB MT-BRZ LMTD
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Speaking of rear view mirror, can you get a full view through your rear view mirror? Mine doesnt go as high as I want it to. It only shows the bottom half of the rear window and I have to crouch down just to see the rest of the top half.

Its set all the way up, not sure if you can adjust it manually with a screw or something *like how you readjust cabinet doors*
Drove the car off the lot at 8/6/12 @ 8:06 PM
Traded for Black 2013 Camaro 2SS RS
pinoyplaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 03:35 PM   #3
Toyobaru808

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyplaya View Post
Speaking of rear view mirror, can you get a full view through your rear view mirror? Mine doesnt go as high as I want it to. It only shows the bottom half of the rear window and I have to crouch down just to see the rest of the top half.

Its set all the way up, not sure if you can adjust it manually with a screw or something *like how you readjust cabinet doors*
Broadway mirrors

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Toyobaru808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #4
Chewie4299
Spaceman

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyplaya View Post

I have no issue with it. Perhaps you have the lever at the bottom flipped to the position intended for dimming lights of cars behind you? Try it the other way. Flipped forward angles the mirror down to switch to the secondary reflection which is dimmer. Flip it towards you if you haven't.

Also the arm connecting the mirror to the mount actually has ball joints at BOTH ends so you should be able to move it just about everywhere you want if you adjust it properly.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote