follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #57
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FA20Club.com View Post
tip-in knock is easier to solve but more so for the guys who arent on 91 octane or in the desert
I'm in cali so mostly 91 octane, and most of my tracks are in the desert

Fortunately I should be able to run mostly e85, but I'd like assurance if I'm buying a flex fuel kit that I won't get knock on 91
Old 08-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #58
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
youre free to do so the price is $650.00
Any way I can just buy your fuel hoses and wire harness? I have the visconti flex fuel sitting in my living room and trying to make it safer... I do the tune thru moto-mike since he's my local tuner.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #59
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin View Post
I'm in cali so mostly 91 octane, and most of my tracks are in the desert

Fortunately I should be able to run mostly e85, but I'd like assurance if I'm buying a flex fuel kit that I won't get knock on 91
it can be done but what you have to remember is your heat indes dictates allot on what the ecu does for knock. fr instance in AZ these guy se zero knock on tip in at 438-40C yesterday we saw temps at 60C with allot of correction applied. and these temps are before the blow think about whats actually happening post charge without the intercooler. to eliminate it the timing curve has to be detuned but its doable to suite all occasions. this kit was never intended to be sold without the intercooler. every other country in the world has the intercooled version. they arent even sold non intercooled anywhere but in north america. there is a reason for that. with the intercooler temps wont matter at all and your car will be far more consistent without the need for e85 all the time.
The Following User Says Thank You to FA20Club.com For This Useful Post:
Sonolin (08-20-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 05:32 PM   #60
FA20Club.com
Banned

Drives: 2013 White Out FR-S
Thanked 1,162 Times in 501 Posts
Mentioned: 323 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Any way I can just buy your fuel hoses and wire harness? I have the visconti flex fuel sitting in my living room and trying to make it safer... I do the tune thru moto-mike since he's my local tuner.
sure contact Andy@FA20CLUB he will work something out for you
Old 08-20-2013, 05:37 PM   #61
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
it can be done but what you have to remember is your heat indes dictates allot on what the ecu does for knock. fr instance in AZ these guy se zero knock on tip in at 438-40C yesterday we saw temps at 60C with allot of correction applied. and these temps are before the blow think about whats actually happening post charge without the intercooler. to eliminate it the timing curve has to be detuned but its doable to suite all occasions. this kit was never intended to be sold without the intercooler. every other country in the world has the intercooled version. they arent even sold non intercooled anywhere but in north america. there is a reason for that. with the intercooler temps wont matter at all and your car will be far more consistent without the need for e85 all the time.
Thanks that makes me feel better

I'd most definitely be getting the intercooler anyway. Looking at making the most power possible with 70mm + intercooled + e85, then having a fallback for crap 91 gas when its not affordable/doable to fill with e85. I just don't want any problems with 91 at all when it comes down to it. I definitely understand how much our gas sucks from reading through the forums... Gives me yet another reason to refuse to give the oil cartels money and buy more e85!

Closed Thread

Tags
fa20club.com, flex fuel kit