follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northwest

Northwest AK, ID, OR, WA

User Tag List

Old 09-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
Cooperdh
Hot Lava Lover

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S- lava
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Help w/ OFT and Rom Raider

I have had the OFT for a few months now and have been running the Stage 1 tune. I want to change the MAF parameters since I have a Perrin 2.5 CAI. For the life of me, I have been having a difficult time trying to figure out Rom Raider and getting it setup. I did download the XML files. Anyone local want to meet up and help me out for a six pack of beer? I'm in the Gresham area but can meet anywhere in the metro area. Thanks.
Cooperdh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:10 PM   #2
Chen
Regional Moderator

Drives: 13' ZN6 / 00' AP1 / 20' A90/ 15 EVO
Thanked 1,275 Times in 854 Posts
Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Aztec help him out.
Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 11:30 PM   #3
Cooperdh
Hot Lava Lover

Thanks. I am sure it wouldn't take very long at all. I just need someone who knows what he is doing to guide me in the right direction.
Old 09-17-2015, 12:23 AM   #4
Aztec
Lost in the twisties

Drives: 2014 BRZ Dark Gray Metallic
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooperdh View Post
I have had the OFT for a few months now and have been running the Stage 1 tune. I want to change the MAF parameters since I have a Perrin 2.5 CAI. For the life of me, I have been having a difficult time trying to figure out Rom Raider and getting it setup. I did download the XML files. Anyone local want to meet up and help me out for a six pack of beer? I'm in the Gresham area but can meet anywhere in the metro area. Thanks.
Hi Cooper, I've had quite a bit of time to mess with the OFT along with rom raider. Changing the MAF parameters is easy enough, I've modified mine with the 2.75 Perrin CAI (which they claim shouldn't be an issue with normal stage 1 of 2 tune, but I did it anyways.
The perrin big maf 3" intake is the one that definitely requires rescaling the MAF.
On a side note, i've messed with Launch control and flat foot shifting (both I have disabled for the time being) I also was able to minimize any loud cold start with rom raider.

If you're down to make the drive, I'm free most week nights after 5:30pm and I can walk you through the entire process if you want to bring your laptop (if not I have several computers)
Or you need to save a trip I should be able to walk you through everything remotely.
Let me know
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 12:43 AM   #5
Cooperdh
Hot Lava Lover

Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Hi Cooper, I've had quite a bit of time to mess with the OFT along with rom raider. Changing the MAF parameters is easy enough, I've modified mine with the 2.75 Perrin CAI (which they claim shouldn't be an issue with normal stage 1 of 2 tune, but I did it anyways.
The perrin big maf 3" intake is the one that definitely requires rescaling the MAF.
On a side note, i've messed with Launch control and flat foot shifting (both I have disabled for the time being) I also was able to minimize any loud cold start with rom raider.

If you're down to make the drive, I'm free most week nights after 5:30pm and I can walk you through the entire process if you want to bring your laptop (if not I have several computers)
Or you need to save a trip I should be able to walk you through everything remotely.
Let me know
Sweet! I appreciate it. I have been racking my brain trying to figure this thing out and I'm sure I'm just missing some simple things. I will definitely make the drive to your place. Just let me know what day works for you. You can PM me and I will get you my number to call or text. Also you can let me know what beer or other beverage you like. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
Cooperdh
Hot Lava Lover

Big thanks to @Aztec for getting me dialed in with OFT and Rom Raider! I'm now running e85 and it is making a huge difference.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cooperdh For This Useful Post:
Aztec (09-20-2015)