follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 12-10-2018, 09:13 AM   #1
randomthoughts

Drives: 2014 White BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pulling Tranny - What bushings/ parts to upgrade

I will be pulling my transmission to install my Money Shift hydraulic release bearing. I plan on installing the Whiteline Transmission mount and the Perrin rear shifter bushing.

Is there anything else I should consider upgrading while I have the transmission out?
randomthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 04:11 PM   #2
86league

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomthoughts View Post
I will be pulling my transmission to install my Money Shift hydraulic release bearing. I plan on installing the Whiteline Transmission mount and the Perrin rear shifter bushing.

Is there anything else I should consider upgrading while I have the transmission out?
I can't speak for how much they help - but I'm prepping to pull the trans from mine to do a TOB/clutch replacement. The shifter carrier on mine has a lot of play - a lot more than I would have expected. I ordered those two plus the cusco forward carrier bushings :

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117270
86league is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:49 PM   #3
randomthoughts

Drives: 2014 White BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86league View Post
I can't speak for how much they help - but I'm prepping to pull the trans from mine to do a TOB/clutch replacement. The shifter carrier on mine has a lot of play - a lot more than I would have expected. I ordered those two plus the cusco forward carrier bushings :

https://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117270
Ok thanks. I will definitely consider them as well.
randomthoughts is offline   Reply With Quote