follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Mr.EvoMR

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Crickets, RPM/idle, CEL/SL fixes

So of course, nothing new, but wanted to make another, newer thread about the cricket noises, rough idle, and the Check Engine Light, and Slip Light being on. And just want people to reply with what problems they had and how they got it fixed and if any of the issues are coming back after the "fix". As for me, I have all the issues above and are kind of waiting it out because I haven't heard of a 'fix' that actually removes the problems for GOOD. My Fr-s(when its warmed up) makes loud cricket noises, and then at a stop the rpm's will dip below 4-500 and jump back up, the car will shake/vibrate then the CEL will turn on, and the SL is just always on? Any news that will help? besides the old "its normal" news?
Old 11-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Is it really that hard to read the last few pages of the relevant, and information filled, threads?
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmaaron For This Useful Post:
infinite012 (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
Mr.EvoMR

Drives: 2013 Scion Fr-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaaron View Post
Is it really that hard to read the last few pages of the relevant, and information filled, threads?
There really isn't any info that helps. Just a ton of people with the problems that keep taking there Frs' to dealerships with no solution. If you could post a link to where people have found the solutions, please, be my guest.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:01 AM   #4
AtlasMick

Drives: FR-S 2013 Asphalt
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I've gone to the dealer previously with the issue, it was very loud. They replaced the unit with a different one, about 6 months ago. I didn't have the issue again until going to West Virginia, where they use up to 10% ethanol. I live in Kentucky and use non-ethanol gasoline. Filled up with a tank in WV, crickets came back. Two tanks later of pure gas, ethanol free, and the crickets are gone again.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #5
enigmaaron

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S MT, '04 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.EvoMR View Post
There really isn't any info that helps. Just a ton of people with the problems that keep taking there Frs' to dealerships with no solution. If you could post a link to where people have found the solutions, please, be my guest.
Well for example, two pages back in the chirping thread, new TSB with new part number:
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...postcount=3216
Read the couple pages after that and you'll see it's still early but people are reporting no crickets so far up to 500 miles on the new part number pump.

Looks like you've posted in the CEL/SL/Idle Issue thread, where the vast majority of people dealing with that issue are and can help you out. Not sure why a new thread would be better.
Edit: Here's the link for those that may find this thread instead: http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15577

And the first post of this thread has all of the released TSB's and recalls, updated a week ago so it's being kept up to date.
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21868
Old 11-12-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
FR-S Matt
Banned

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FR-S MT
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Garage
There's plenty of info if you just READ. It's all there.
The Following User Says Thank You to FR-S Matt For This Useful Post:
infinite012 (11-12-2013)
Old 11-12-2013, 08:44 AM   #7
infinite012
Banned

Drives: 13 DGM BRZ Ltd
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Crickets will come back on the newest pump (ask me how I know).

Other issues are solved with other TSBs. Why you're waiting to get some of these things fixed is kind of stupid.

Closed Thread

Tags
crickets, frs, idle, issues, rpm