follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 08-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #2465
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
My manhood is solid

I think it's funny because some of these posters are suggesting that their twin would have a chance

Or that their moral high ground puts them above a bit of traffic light fun

I'm curious how many of these posters have illegally modified cars
Double check to make sure you still have your manhood card. Don't forget to read the rules on the back of the card for how you must treat other people at all times or else you will seem less manly.

Rule #1: If someone does something unmanly, let them know.
Rule #2: Those of the unmanly kind need to be insulted
Rule #3: Always justify your manhood by belittling others and their interests
Rule #4: You must always be a shitty part of the car community
Rule #5: If someone is happy about something not manly enough, let them know it's not manly
Rule #99: Be a toolbag if someone is doing something you don't care for
Rule #100: Don't worry about rules 6-98, just be an asshole for stupid reasons, then justify your attitude by saying shit like go join a book club or make a library thread

Old people, when will they learn.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Ghost of Akina (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 10:12 PM   #2466
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Double check to make sure you still have your manhood card. Don't forget to read the rules on the back of the card for how you must treat other people at all times or else you will seem less manly.

Rule #5: If someone is happy about something not manly enough, let them know it's not manly
Rule #100: Don't worry about rules 6-98, just be an asshole for stupid reasons, then justify your attitude by saying shit like go join a book club or make a library thread

What about the women that race or are on this forum

What card should they use

The reason I ask is my Mrs would probably have more traffic light runs than me, either in her Mitsubishi or my Holden

Meh

Lets race
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:09 PM   #2467
p1l0t

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Hyperblue
Thanked 9,371 Times in 4,813 Posts
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
LOL

This thread is funny

The only reason to not race in a twin is knowing that most sporty cars with more than 3 cylinders will smoke a twin.

Other car forums I'm in don't have a come race me bro thread, maybe because they are more mature? They do have threads for track times and time slips though....

Me, I didn't street race my NA 86 because it was slow, and even big sedans would have seen me off at the lights, and when boosted, a VAG GTI w/DSG is way quicker with only a tune.

But, it seems all the twins with loud exhausts and fart tunes want to run my old 4 door sedan.

And as I'm a old hoon who loves the loud pedal, I put them in their place.

Am I silly for taking the bait, nah, I love a good traffic light shuffle when it is safe to do so.

Do I care about what self righteous do gooders who claim they do no wrong say, not on your life, they are just whining Karens.

If you want to run it, then run it, if you don't, then STFU and, as someone else has stated, start a thread about your library adventures or the salad you had for lunch.
Lots of forums (not sure about this one) have rules against posting about actually doing illegal things (besides modding) with their cars because they afraid someone is going to sue them somehow for it. I think that's a huge stretch since lawyers only work for money and forums usually don't even make enough money to pay for their own hosting or even rely solely on donations to avoid being cluttered with ads. None-the-less you can talk about being on your high-horse and never taking the temption to smoke some fool all day long.. This is kind of a joke thread though as someone mentioned but I do throw in a story of some spirited driving once in awhile though just to shake it up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
p1l0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 11:48 PM   #2468
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post

Ha! I never had one to begin with! So there's nothing to take away!

Wait...uhoh...
Celica00 (08-17-2020), Jordanwolf (08-03-2020), p1l0t (08-03-2020)
Old 08-11-2020, 03:26 PM   #2469
Dzmitry

Drives: 2018 Subaru BRZ Limited with PP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
LOL

This thread is funny

The only reason to not race in a twin is knowing that most sporty cars with more than 3 cylinders will smoke a twin.

Other car forums I'm in don't have a come race me bro thread, maybe because they are more mature? They do have threads for track times and time slips though....

Me, I didn't street race my NA 86 because it was slow, and even big sedans would have seen me off at the lights, and when boosted, a VAG GTI w/DSG is way quicker with only a tune.

But, it seems all the twins with loud exhausts and fart tunes want to run my old 4 door sedan.

And as I'm a old hoon who loves the loud pedal, I put them in their place.

Am I silly for taking the bait, nah, I love a good traffic light shuffle when it is safe to do so.

Do I care about what self righteous do gooders who claim they do no wrong say, not on your life, they are just whining Karens.

If you want to run it, then run it, if you don't, then STFU and, as someone else has stated, start a thread about your library adventures or the salad you had for lunch.
I also believe that a large portion of owners of this car are not very good drivers and are the same people who mod poorly with "fart tunes". The same thing can be said about the drivers of the opposing vehicles of course. I don't street race, but personally, I have never had a problem being quicker than most sporty sedans on the street when I desire. That's not saying anything of course. Some people only know how to mash the pedal... I've watched videos of twins getting smoked by sedans and I have also seen videos of N/A twins on par with cars like the STI or an R/T Challenger. All of it is meaningless of course, and certainly the twins are no speed demons, as is commonly known. But a good driver gives the car much better rep than the average fart can 86 you see racing on the street.
Dzmitry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dzmitry For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (08-11-2020)
Old 08-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #2470
p1l0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzmitry View Post
I also believe that a large portion of owners of this car are not very good drivers and are the same people who mod poorly with "fart tunes". The same thing can be said about the drivers of the opposing vehicles of course. I don't street race, but personally, I have never had a problem being quicker than most sporty sedans on the street when I desire. That's not saying anything of course. Some people only know how to mash the pedal... I've watched videos of twins getting smoked by sedans and I have also seen videos of N/A twins on par with cars like the STI or an R/T Challenger. All of it is meaningless of course, and certainly the twins are no speed demons, as is commonly known. But a good driver gives the car much better rep than the average fart can 86 you see racing on the street.
It's relative though.. I don't expect to beat even a Mustang GT in a drag race. Throw in a few turns though and I can make anyone sweat unless they are driving some supercar.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
Celica00 (08-17-2020), Dzmitry (08-12-2020), soundman98 (08-12-2020)
Old 08-14-2020, 04:52 PM   #2471
bigfatcat

Drives: gt86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
It's relative though.. I don't expect to beat even a Mustang GT in a drag race. Throw in a few turns though and I can make anyone sweat unless they are driving some supercar.

From my experience driving in the mountains on the weekends, in a good twisty road there is not many cars that my frs cannot keep up with. Some cars I have had trouble with are modified Miatas, the new civic typeR and other modified FRS/BRZ with a good driver.

I don't race ppl in a straight line or at the lights. But since getting my exhaust installed last year it's been attracting a lot of V6 accords and challenger/chargers revving their engines at me at the light or coming up really close behind me then swerving around at high speeds on the freeway

Last edited by bigfatcat; 08-14-2020 at 05:05 PM.
bigfatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigfatcat For This Useful Post:
p1l0t (08-28-2020), trvth (09-01-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 06:41 PM   #2472
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatcat View Post
From my experience driving in the mountains on the weekends, in a good twisty road there is not many cars that my frs cannot keep up with. Some cars I have had trouble with are modified Miatas, the new civic typeR and other modified FRS/BRZ with a good driver.

I don't race ppl in a straight line or at the lights. But since getting my exhaust installed last year it's been attracting a lot of V6 accords and challenger/chargers revving their engines at me at the light or coming up really close behind me then swerving around at high speeds on the freeway
There is much of a variety of cars in your area then is there?
Old 08-31-2020, 09:19 AM   #2473
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,213 Times in 1,130 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
On my grocery run yesterday evening; a young kid in a Chevy Aveo pulled out from behind me, passed then cut in front of me jerking the steering wheel like it owed him money. Then immediately signaled to turn right and pretty much went as slow as humanly possible around the corner.

I hate people cut in front and immediately make a turn, with but he went out of his way to pass me from behind.

RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Cheeky (09-03-2020), Pedro13 (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 01:13 PM   #2474
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,587 Times in 2,929 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RToyo86 View Post
On my grocery run yesterday evening; a young kid in a Chevy Aveo pulled out from behind me, passed then cut in front of me jerking the steering wheel like it owed him money. Then immediately signaled to turn right and pretty much went as slow as humanly possible around the corner.

I hate people cut in front and immediately make a turn, with but he went out of his way to pass me from behind.

I have shit like this happen all the time. They will be booking it down normal pedestrian roads and not letting me pass them. But once we turn onto the back road or highway, they go anywhere from 5-20 under with the acceleration of a feather foot.

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 01:25 PM   #2475
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Lately I can't get home on the highway without someone trying to race me. I go fast but I change lanes smoothly and always indicate. Of course some guy in an Si gets triggered and starts keeping up. That triggers someone else to join in, and last time it was a 1998 Corolla, which passed me doing at least 160, with the Si following it immediately, cutting across multiple lanes while doing so. I slow down and make sure I don't make it look like I'm engaging them on any level, it's just annoying cause I'm trying to get home quickly and I can't without rousing some smoothbrain. It's like they're cats unable to ignore a moth flying around
GPhilly (04-27-2022), soundman98 (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 02:16 PM   #2476
p1l0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Lately I can't get home on the highway without someone trying to race me. I go fast but I change lanes smoothly and always indicate. Of course some guy in an Si gets triggered and starts keeping up. That triggers someone else to join in, and last time it was a 1998 Corolla, which passed me doing at least 160, with the Si following it immediately, cutting across multiple lanes while doing so. I slow down and make sure I don't make it look like I'm engaging them on any level, it's just annoying cause I'm trying to get home quickly and I can't without rousing some smoothbrain. It's like they're cats unable to ignore a moth flying around
A Corrolla doing 160!? Oh in Kanada Miles.. haha I read this at first with American bias. I drove a GT3 once and hit 160mph.. on a track.. .

Old 08-31-2020, 03:38 PM   #2477
StraightOuttaCanadaEh
Wes

Drives: Artisan Spirits '17 86
Thanked 1,674 Times in 994 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by p1l0t View Post
A Corrolla doing 160!? Oh in Kanada Miles.. haha I read this at first with American bias. I drove a GT3 once and hit 160mph.. on a track.. .

Yeah just km/h, which is 60 over the limit. For reference, 50 over is impound/stunt driving charge territory
p1l0t (08-31-2020)
Old 08-31-2020, 05:41 PM   #2478
p1l0t

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Yeah just km/h, which is 60 over the limit. For reference, 50 over is impound/stunt driving charge territory
Stunt Driving...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to p1l0t For This Useful Post:
mnuttall (09-02-2020), StraightOuttaCanadaEh (08-31-2020)