follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2015, 11:29 PM   #85
johan

Drives: '14 981CS, '99 NB1
Thanked 1,201 Times in 631 Posts
Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelsmar View Post
It will hit the stock JDM under panels. However it is made of a thin aluminum that is very easy to trim with some sheers. We did some trimming in 30 seconds to fit around the exhaust on my car. It was probably the simplest modification to anything I've done. Cut through it like a hot knife going thru butter. I can't recall the exact mounting points though Eric would need to confirm if the mounting points would still fit.

I was going to order JDM under panels but now I'm going to start pestering Eric to make a mid section to match up with the front and rear.
I've been poking on Instagram about the mid section piece too. I don't have the JDM underpanels, was going to buy them - but saw the post about that being a potential in the future... so assuming I can modify mine similarly to fit my car, I would be in for that mid section for sure.
Old 06-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #86
Kostamojen

Drives: 1993 Impreza w/ WRX Swap + FWD!
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by johan View Post
I've been poking on Instagram about the mid section piece too. I don't have the JDM underpanels, was going to buy them - but saw the post about that being a potential in the future... so assuming I can modify mine similarly to fit my car, I would be in for that mid section for sure.
Note: There are 4 separate JDM underbody panels. The ones under the chassis look like they won't interfere, its the ones under the fuel tank that might have some interference.

Its also easy to trim the JDM panels under the fuel tank if need be, they are ABS plastic and can be cut with a knife or sharp scissors just like a fender liner.
Old 06-08-2015, 01:15 AM   #87
VerusEric

Drives: BRZ, STI, GT350R, Supra, 987.2
Thanked 2,529 Times in 780 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by abraxis View Post
Would it be possible to sort of highlight or trace where this diffuser would and 'diff cover' would interfere with the stock underpanels?

The price went up? When was there a pre-order and how much was it??
Price is still the same.

Diff covers bolt to the same points on the rear of the fuel tank as the JDM covers. They basically follow the contour the fuel tank on the rear side. I'll work on getting some better photos but it's difficult without a lift.
The Following User Says Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
Rosticles (06-08-2015)
Old 06-13-2015, 10:17 PM   #88
philooo

Drives: 13' Scion FRS Track car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
yes please update us on the under JDM panels, I think most people who are looking into better under carriage aero will be looking into the JDM panels as well.

If someone as the JDM panels and the read diffuser I think that would really help ... sales
Old 06-14-2015, 12:30 AM   #89
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by philooo View Post
yes please update us on the under JDM panels, I think most people who are looking into better under carriage aero will be looking into the JDM panels as well.

If someone as the JDM panels and the read diffuser I think that would really help ... sales
We plan on doing our own under body flat panels as well, ones we believe will reduce drag more than the JDM panels. That is our goal at least.

I believe a few of the first people trying this out will try to install these with the JDM panels. Hopefully they will be able to chime in. The diff/suspension covers reduce drag quite a bit more than the JDM panels as the body itself is fairly flat; where the diff covers cover a large open area that causes turbulence.
The Following User Says Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
cslntuee (06-14-2015)
Old 06-14-2015, 02:55 PM   #90
Kostamojen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Ghostin View Post
Just finished installing the splitter and all I can say is wow, just top notch all across the board with this thing.

- Extremely easy to install, I had an idea that it wouldn't be too difficult but I didn't expect it to be THAT easy

- The fitment is fantastic, no issues whatsoever

- Looks great and is actually functional, what more could you ask for?

- Very fast shipping

Thank you for developing this!!
I'm guessing whatever you've installed it has nothing to do with the diffuserin this thread since it isn't in production yet.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:59 PM   #91
cdrazic93
Junior

Drives: a car
Thanked 2,512 Times in 1,502 Posts
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
that exhaust is beautiful.
"Ah! What music! They could have never imagined, those pioneers who invented the automobile, that it would posses us like this, our imaginations, our dreams. Men love women, but even more than that, men love CARS!"-Lord Hesketh
Old 06-14-2015, 03:40 PM   #92
Str8Ghostin

Drives: 2014 Raven Scion FRS 6MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
I'm guessing whatever you've installed it has nothing to do with the diffuserin this thread since it isn't in production yet.
Darn wrong thread you're right thanks
Old 06-14-2015, 04:30 PM   #93
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8Ghostin View Post
Darn wrong thread you're right thanks
We appreciate it either way . Truthfully, a lot goes into a "simple" part like these to make it a nice bolt on affair. I'm glad you like it.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:21 PM   #94
Kostamojen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEric6 View Post
We appreciate it either way . Truthfully, a lot goes into a "simple" part like these to make it a nice bolt on affair. I'm glad you like it.
For a second there I thought our preorders were being fulfiled already.... lol
Old 06-15-2015, 08:32 AM   #95
nelsmar

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,361 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 345 Post(s)
So uh.... @NotEric6... I don't think im giving you the prototype back =x I went on a "spirited" drive yesterday (~250 miles through the hills) and after 10 days of borrowing it... oh man. This fucker makes a substantial difference. Not only do I no longer have that fearful rear lift under acceleration but I can actually turn at high speed and the car feels fairly planted. I wasn't expecting such a big difference with a simple piece of aluminum. I knew it would make a difference as I remember the difference of me removing my muffler but still... hah. That and the fuel economy bump i got vs running w/o a muffler practically makes this part pay for its self with anyone that has an aggressive exhaust setup. I need to install that splitter now asap :P

Oh and I finally managed to trip on a fin. it took a lot of work and involved me actually rubbing against my car... HAHA can we has the rest of your under panel setup now?! Somehow I haven't managed to break this piece yet... It gets my stamp of approval. (I break fucking everything!)
Old Setup: Vortech Supercharged 360WHP/262WTQ @ 11.5psi
My build thread - WTF happened to nelsmar's car thread
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nelsmar For This Useful Post:
BatStig (06-15-2015), civicdrivr (06-15-2015), DAEMANO (06-15-2015), GT86_PRAGUE (06-15-2015), johan (06-16-2015), Takumi788 (06-15-2015), VerusEric (06-15-2015), wparsons (07-06-2015)
Old 06-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #96
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostamojen View Post
For a second there I thought our preorders were being fulfiled already.... lol
I just spoke with the manufacturer and it should be done sometime later this week. We're on schedule for having FT-86 SpeedFactory shipping the units to the end user by the end of the month.

Thanks,
Eric
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VerusEric For This Useful Post:
johan (06-16-2015), Kostamojen (06-15-2015)
Old 06-15-2015, 12:34 PM   #97
philooo

Drives: 13' Scion FRS Track car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
@NotEric6

what about some information about adding more cooling to the differential ?

I don't see the point of selling a special plate. But considering you have all the computer models, I'd love to hear your opinion on where a differential cooler or additional cooling could be had.

Either adding differential cooler in the muffler area, tons of space there.
or simply adding some ducting/opening in the current setup, to actually direct more airflow to the diff'.

Phil.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:38 PM   #98
VerusEric

Quote:
Originally Posted by philooo View Post
@NotEric6

what about some information about adding more cooling to the differential ?

I don't see the point of selling a special plate. But considering you have all the computer models, I'd love to hear your opinion on where a differential cooler or additional cooling could be had.

Either adding differential cooler in the muffler area, tons of space there.
or simply adding some ducting/opening in the current setup, to actually direct more airflow to the diff'.

Phil.
Phil,

If you want or need differential cooling, you'll need to go to an external cooler in our mind. A cast iron diff doesn't shed heat very easily and the aluminum cover on the rear doesn't offer itself to nice airflow either.

Our current "diff covers" do not cover the diff though and air can still hit the differential quite easily. I'm sure airflow is slightly reduced but not to the point we're worried about it.

Closed Thread