follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT / PA

NY / NJ / CT / PA NY, NJ, CT, PA


User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good Detailer in CT?

I'm looking for a good detailer in CT. Preferably someone that can apply Optiguard. As of now the closest place I know of that can do this is in Mass just north of Boston. 2.5hr drive to get it done.

I'll go that route if I have to but would prefer someone more local.

Does anyone know of a place?


Also I'd like a good recommendation for a place to take a new FR-S/BRZ to have tints done.

Thanks
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
BillY2KFRC
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Drives: 2003 Corvette Z06, ECS Dry Sump 427
Location: Beacon Falls, CT
Posts: 102
Thanks: 6
Thanked 52 Times in 24 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry, can't help you with Optiguard. I did have my clear bra done at Protection Plus in Shrewsbury, MA, right over the CT boarder.

For tints, I've had my last 6 cars done (including 3 Vettes) at Tint Man in Monroe, CT. I can highly recommend their work.
__________________
2003 Corvette Z06 - Dry Sump LS7 built by East Coast Supercharging
560rwhp & 549rwtq 10.8@134

2013 Subaru BRZ Limited - WRB, 6MT, PTuning Header, Motriv OP & FP, Perrin Res. Catback, Toms Tail Lights, Sprint Springs, Rays 57DR Wheels, 186rwhp
BillY2KFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
Jidonsu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Thanks: 36
Thanked 98 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Try the Automobilia Auto Salon in West Haven. That's probably where I'll take my car once I get one. I haven't used them yet but I've been to their shop. You can find them through google.

Does this mean you got your Asphalt 6MT?
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
Try the Automobilia Auto Salon in West Haven. That's probably where I'll take my car once I get one. I haven't used them yet but I've been to their shop. You can find them through google.

Does this mean you got your Asphalt 6MT?
Still waiting on the car. The sales guy emailed me last night to say that they were unable to locate an Asphalt 6MT in the area and they've requested one from the port. They don't think it will be too long. I want to plan to get tint ans opti done as soon as possible after taking delivery.

As for automobilia, I had a friend that worked there for a time and I brought my jeep there once. The owner is real sketchy and they often cut corners or use inferior products on lower end (cheaper) cars. I wanted to avoid them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #5
Jidonsu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Thanks: 36
Thanked 98 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
really? thanks for the heads up about Automobilia. Let me know if you find a good place. We can go together. Haha.

Yea, the Asphalt is a no go for me either. I should be getting an Ultramarine 6MT sometime this week instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie4299 View Post
Still waiting on the car. The sales guy emailed me last night to say that they were unable to locate an Asphalt 6MT in the area and they've requested one from the port. They don't think it will be too long. I want to plan to get tint ans opti done as soon as possible after taking delivery.

As for automobilia, I had a friend that worked there for a time and I brought my jeep there once. The owner is real sketchy and they often cut corners or use inferior products on lower end (cheaper) cars. I wanted to avoid them.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #6
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
really? thanks for the heads up about Automobilia. Let me know if you find a good place. We can go together. Haha.

Yea, the Asphalt is a no go for me either. I should be getting an Ultramarine 6MT sometime this week instead.
I'm currently trying to work some more out of my trade. Once I get some flexibility on that I plan on letting them know that If the Asphalt is going to need to be ordered I'll take Raven or Whiteout if they can find one closer. I know there are a couple Raven FR-S lying around.

Yea my buddy used to tell me about all the shady stuff this guy did. So once, after I took my Jeep offroading we decided to bring it there for a wash. They hated me and overcharged me for a simple hand wash and vacuum. Pretty much proved he was right.
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillY2KFRC View Post
Sorry, can't help you with Optiguard. I did have my clear bra done at Protection Plus in Shrewsbury, MA, right over the CT boarder.

For tints, I've had my last 6 cars done (including 3 Vettes) at Tint Man in Monroe, CT. I can highly recommend their work.
I can go to Monroe with a recommendation like that. I know an excellent backroad route from where I'm located.
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #8
Jidonsu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Thanks: 36
Thanked 98 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewie4299 View Post
I'm currently trying to work some more out of my trade. Once I get some flexibility on that I plan on letting them know that If the Asphalt is going to need to be ordered I'll take Raven or Whiteout if they can find one closer. I know there are a couple Raven FR-S lying around.

Yea my buddy used to tell me about all the shady stuff this guy did. So once, after I took my Jeep offroading we decided to bring it there for a wash. They hated me and overcharged me for a simple hand wash and vacuum. Pretty much proved he was right.
FYI, Middletown still had a Raven 6MT as of late last week. I didn't like them very much, but your experience may be different.

Another thread here somewhere mentioned that orders are backed up through October for Toyota, and March/April 2013 for Subaru. I hope you get yours soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I used someone from scadss.com for my Accord. The tint guy came to my house and did a decent job. There was some spots (dust) trapped on the bac window, but that's about it. I'm not sure who I'll try this time around. I'd like to find a shop instead of having someone come because of dust containment.
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:11 PM   #9
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
FYI, Middletown still had a Raven 6MT as of late last week. I didn't like them very much, but your experience may be different.

Another thread here somewhere mentioned that orders are backed up through October for Toyota, and March/April 2013 for Subaru. I hope you get yours soon, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I used someone from scadss.com for my Accord. The tint guy came to my house and did a decent job. There was some spots (dust) trapped on the bac window, but that's about it. I'm not sure who I'll try this time around. I'd like to find a shop instead of having someone come because of dust containment.
Yea I'm probably going to see if my dealer can get that one from Middletown. I don't want to do business with them.

This pic did it for me:



And this one didn't hurt:

Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Jidonsu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Thanks: 36
Thanked 98 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Awesome. As a FYI so you're not surprised, the bumpers are already drilled on the Middletown one and there are swirls on the paint.
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 07:39 PM   #11
Jidonsu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Thanks: 36
Thanked 98 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Raven is an awesome color. Here's the one from Middletown.

Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #12
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidonsu View Post
Awesome. As a FYI so you're not surprised, the bumpers are already drilled on the Middletown one and there are swirls on the paint.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:05 PM   #13
Jidonsu
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: Scion FR-S | 6MT | Ultramarine
Location: CT
Posts: 410
Thanks: 36
Thanked 98 Times in 60 Posts
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Hahaha. You must hate me by now.
Jidonsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:02 PM   #14
Chewie4299
Spaceman
 
Chewie4299's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Location: Wallingford, CT
Posts: 1,581
Thanks: 854
Thanked 860 Times in 468 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Paint swirls can be addressed when I have the optiguard done. Gonna increase the cost but it's better than waiting 6 months.

The bumper being drilled angers me.
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good detailer/opticoat in Atlanta xwd Southeast 24 10-01-2013 03:39 PM
Detailer in Pittsburg pa BRZ88 Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 14 10-07-2012 10:18 PM
Need Opticoat Detailer in Central CT Coop07 Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash, Wax, Detailing, Body Repairs) 0 06-22-2012 09:32 PM
HEY WAS GOOD scion1 Southwest 2 12-17-2011 10:26 PM
This looks good... iff2mastamatt Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum 15 11-24-2010 03:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2024 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.