follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List
finch1750, go_a_way1, undefindedt

Old 01-18-2019, 01:08 PM   #12825
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,242 Times in 8,610 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I will be driving up from San Jose to Concord to have work done by Neal at the Racer's Line tomorrow (10AM appointment). I see there is a Chili's on Concord Ave. by his shop. I figure I would walk there and nurse a couple beers and have lunch while my car gets done. If anyone would like to join me for lunch, I wouldn't mind the company.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:05 PM   #12826
candygram4mongo

Drives: 2015 FR-s
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Shit knob in the "for sale" section

Quote:
Originally Posted by LANWarlordII View Post
3D Print Shift Knob w/ reverse lock-out cutout - $Free.99

I got bored of looking at the $100+ price for a shift knob so here ya go (not dissing anyone who buys them I personally can't convince myself its worth the $100) Link for the STL file and Solidworks file. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3377481
I saw this in the Marketplace section and wondered if anyone else sees something odd about this knob. That is one big ass knob. Given its shape, does anyone else think that maybe the designer of the knob took the design of another adult product and just added threads at the bottom. I'm just sayin'.
candygram4mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:45 PM   #12827
BigFatFlip
sleep, drive, eat, repeat

Drives: '13 BRZ, '12 Outback
Thanked 3,796 Times in 1,981 Posts
Mentioned: 188 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphireho View Post
I will be driving up from San Jose to Concord to have work done by Neal at the Racer's Line tomorrow (10AM appointment). I see there is a Chili's on Concord Ave. by his shop. I figure I would walk there and nurse a couple beers and have lunch while my car gets done. If anyone would like to join me for lunch, I wouldn't mind the company.

Why not just bring a few brews and hang out at the shop and watch Neal work? That's part of the reason I enjoy going to his shop (unlike other shops that just stick in you a boring ass waiting room)
BigFatFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 11:37 AM   #12828
LANWarlordII

Drives: 15 BRZ
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by candygram4mongo View Post
I saw this in the Marketplace section and wondered if anyone else sees something odd about this knob. That is one big ass knob. Given its shape, does anyone else think that maybe the designer of the knob took the design of another adult product and just added threads at the bottom. I'm just sayin'.
HAHAHAHA
Say as you will as I'm not going to try and convince you to believe one thing or another, but I literally just used some cylinders and chamfers. Yes I'm the one that created the design. No I did not copy and adjust someone else's design.
Also tell me be cause I'm really curious what exactly is a "adult product"? As that sounds a bit like your dissing what I've made.
LANWarlordII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 01:17 PM   #12829
candygram4mongo

Drives: 2015 FR-s
Quote:
Originally Posted by LANWarlordII View Post
HAHAHAHA
Say as you will as I'm not going to try and convince you to believe one thing or another, but I literally just used some cylinders and chamfers. Yes I'm the one that created the design. No I did not copy and adjust someone else's design.
Also tell me be cause I'm really curious what exactly is a "adult product"? As that sounds a bit like your dissing what I've made.
Someone once defined the word "Freudian" as anything longer than it is wide. In inference meaning that when someone wants to see something that looks like that body part that is distinctly male, they will see it everywhere. In this case, the "adult product" would be something that a woman would use in the absence of a man.

There are really only two types of shift knobs depending on whether a person prefers a pistol or palm grip. I swapped out the OEM p*nis knob (that is what we called them)on my 1st gen MR2 to a TRD ball because I liked a palm grip.

Nope, not dissing your contribution to the auto community. Few people would take the time to help. I once paid Bell Intercoolers for the tooling to make modern drop in intercoolers for supercharged MR2's because people said they would buy one. In the end, mine was the only one ever built. I found out there was a big difference between what people said they wanted, and what they were willing to pay for.

To sum up, just making fun of my own juvenile sense of humor, not your product. How is that for over explaining a joke?

Don't get me started about your mama. (Do people still do the dozens?)
candygram4mongo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candygram4mongo For This Useful Post:
LANWarlordII (01-25-2019)
Old 01-25-2019, 02:28 PM   #12830
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Someone once defined the word "Freudian" as anything longer than it is wide. In inference meaning that when someone wants to see something that looks like that body part that is distinctly male, they will see it everywhere. In this case, the "adult product" would be something that a woman would use in the absence of a man.

There are really only two types of shift knobs depending on whether a person prefers a pistol or palm grip. I swapped out the OEM p*nis knob (that is what we called them)on my 1st gen MR2 to a TRD ball because I liked a palm grip.

Nope, not dissing your contribution to the auto community. Few people would take the time to help. I once paid Bell Intercoolers for the tooling to make modern drop in intercoolers for supercharged MR2's because people said they would buy one. In the end, mine was the only one ever built. I found out there was a big difference between what people said they wanted, and what they were willing to pay for.

To sum up, just making fun of my own juvenile sense of humor, not your product. How is that for over explaining a joke?

Heh Heh Heh he said knobs

I got the joke.
Old 01-25-2019, 02:40 PM   #12831
LANWarlordII

Drives: 15 BRZ
Garage
Quote:

Seems you missed my hahaha at the beinging of my post, but telling a designer that they took another design and just added threads at the bottom is insulting. My fault for getting passive aggressive I should have dealt with that differently.

but hell lol you should have seen V1 of the design XD had a huuuuuge over sized bulbus grip. The only hand that would fit that one would be Trump's.
LANWarlordII is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LANWarlordII For This Useful Post:
candygram4mongo (01-25-2019)
Old 03-08-2019, 09:47 AM   #12832
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Looks like Google ads is trying to tell me something
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2019, 12:50 PM   #12833
driggity

Drives: Silver Coupe with a Boxer
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Man, waiting for a car to get through the CPO process is so painful. But getting $750+ in rear tires alone is a nice start.
driggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 01:44 AM   #12834
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Garage
Speed bump coming to Palomares Road at the 3 mile mark, give or take.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EAGLE5 For This Useful Post:
driggity (04-15-2019)
Old 03-17-2019, 12:51 PM   #12835
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Gave her a bath and then tucked her away back in her room. LOL

Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
spike021 (03-17-2019)
Old 04-14-2019, 04:01 PM   #12836
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Installed the TRD rear sway bar on the Yaris. Was also tempted to get the front and rear set for the FR-S, but decided not to.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:54 AM   #12837
FirstWinter

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I know how much you guys like Safari 911s
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 12:58 AM   #12838
Clipdat
Proud of BOXER

Drives: Subaru Boxer
Thanked 6,845 Times in 3,675 Posts
Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Ordered new tires today, Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 245/40/17. $840 installed at Auto Innovations in Milpitas.

The GT Radial Champiro SX2 tires I have on now still have good tread depth, but they have a date code of June 2013. They were purchased and installed in October of 2017. So, Elite Performance in Burlingame sold me tires that were already 4+ years old.

Since they're now nearly 6 years old, the rubber has dried out and gotten very hard. They're basically drift tires now in the dry, and in the rain they were pretty unpredictable and unsafe.

Needless to say, I will not be doing any further business with Elite Performance. Which is a shame, because their alignment tech Melody does a great job. I wish she would leave and go to a different shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz
I'm old and lazy
Clipdat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clipdat For This Useful Post:
BigFatFlip (05-03-2019), My Key (05-03-2019)