follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 12-02-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
frstnotlast

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Winjet DRL issue

So I am having trouble with my Winjet headlights, with an HID kit, so ballast and all.

I got the headlights/HIDs back in August, installed easily. The DRL on the passenger headlight never worked. I tried plugging it in to the drivers side power source, the LED bar just wouldn't light up. Contacted support at ft86 speedfactory, they asked for a function video, and promptly sent a replacement.

I set this new one up, and it works great for about a month and a half.

Then I would notice that sometimes the pass DRL would not be on. I needed to toggle lights or parking break (effectively togggling drl's on/off) to get both to light.

That turned into the pass. drl blinking/flickering for a few weeks.

And in early mid September the passenger DRL stopped working completely, again, and has never even blinked since.

Anyone had similar issues? Advice to fix them? I now have 2 headlights with no DRL so I am willing to bake one and try to figure out what is wrong, Im just not experienced with LEDS or wires to know more than if something is obviously unplugged.

thanks
frstnotlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #2
HKz
Reformed

Drives: '23 GRC, '11 Prius, '04 RAV4
Thanked 1,134 Times in 588 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
hmm, you could be unlucky and got 2 bad units in a row..not entirely surprising considering these aren't made in japan. i had to return my first set of winjets since the driver's side leds wouldn't work but since then ive had this 2nd set for more than a year and a half with no issues..
HKz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
frstnotlast

Drives: 2013 Ultramarine FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Alright, I'll just send over an email and see if I can't get another replacement. Thanks !
frstnotlast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
broken, drls, issue, winjet headlights