follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting)

Cosmetic Modification (Interior/Exterior/Lighting) Discussions about cosmetic mods.

User Tag List

Old 11-20-2017, 10:28 PM   #1
Setgo

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Aftermarket headlights - Do they telescopic like OEM?

Hey guys, I have a BRZ limited and I love the feature it has for OEM headlights, where I have a setting from 0-5 for level of angle for the headlights. I'm not looking into aftermarkets by any means, but I was curious if the aftermarkets allow for this function? For example, spec d's or anything like that? Does anyone have a set on their brz or does anyone have any knowledge if they are able to?
Setgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
ryoma

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited CWP
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
FWIW, the BRZ projectors are one of the best out there so it would be a shame to swap them out for a lesser quality one (most aftermarket headlights are crappy, unless you retrofit it yourself). also, I believe the motor is on the actual headlight housing. it's been a while since I manually adjusted my headlights but I believe it was behind the housing.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:00 PM   #3
Setgo

Drives: '13 Subaru BRZ Crystal Black Silica
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
FWIW, the BRZ projectors are one of the best out there so it would be a shame to swap them out for a lesser quality one (most aftermarket headlights are crappy, unless you retrofit it yourself). also, I believe the motor is on the actual headlight housing. it's been a while since I manually adjusted my headlights but I believe it was behind the housing.
hmm so I'm guessing then, if someone wanted aftermarket headlights on their brz, and wanted that function, they would somehow have to retrofit the motors, etc. Wow haha. I understand if someone had an frs and wanted to change their headlights. I say that because it doesn't come close to the BRZ as far as projection and clarity.
Setgo is offline   Reply With Quote