follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Southern California

Southern California SoCal

User Tag List

Old 12-29-2012, 02:19 PM   #57
PradiG

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFRSChick View Post
i knoww... i wanna go for a cruise later today too. but i think it will rain eventually. it rained in oakland yesterday night sad sad sad. right when i thought the weather was getting better
Khanh is from SoCal, and where I'm at in SoCal is raining already. It's a good possibility it'll rain for him too lol SoCal weather is perfect for cruising a good majority of the time
PradiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #58
TheFRSChick

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S / WhiteOut (37J)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradiG View Post
no comment lol
Hehehe ! 0

Quote:
Khanh is from SoCal, and where I'm at in SoCal is raining already. It's a good possibility it'll rain for him too lol SoCal weather is perfect for cruising a good majority of the time
hahaha. i only enjoy cruising with a group or just one other friend. i don't like going in the rain alone. what if i crash and die.. or run off a cliff and No one witnesses it and yeah.. illl neverrrr be found :O lmao jk jk -knock on wood-
well ! the rain is good to cruise in too. but even with traction control on, my car tends to slip a lot during the rain.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #59
PradiG

Drives: Fr-s
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFRSChick View Post
Hehehe ! 0

hahaha. i only enjoy cruising with a group or just one other friend. i don't like going in the rain alone. what if i crash and die.. or run off a cliff and No one witnesses it and yeah.. illl neverrrr be found :O lmao jk jk -knock on wood-
well ! the rain is good to cruise in too. but even with traction control on, my car tends to slip a lot during the rain.
Lol, I think most people prefer to not get their cars wet here in SoCal. And usually when we cruise down here, it's generally nice weather. I know alot of the SoCal guys do canyon runs and what not too. Wish I had my frs already. It's waiting for me somewhere out there lol
PradiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:54 PM   #60
TheFRSChick

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S / WhiteOut (37J)
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
lol oh u don't have a deposit on it yet either?? :O what color are u thinking of getting? and why not the BRZ ;D hehe
Old 12-29-2012, 03:46 PM   #61
RAWR BRZ

Drives: 2010 BMW M3, 2013 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khánh View Post
hmm wow.. and this is without taxes and fee?
Its without taxes and registrations fees etc. Only 3k markup and delivery
RAWR BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:07 PM   #62
orthojoe

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWR BRZ View Post
Its without taxes and registrations fees etc. Only 3k markup and delivery
ONLY 3k markup? ONLY people in California... where spending money for no reason is a way of life...
Old 12-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #63
that_one_guy

Drives: none
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by orthojoe View Post
ONLY 3k markup? ONLY people in California... where spending money for no reason is a way of life...
amazing how true this is. and this is exactly why scion has its 'pure price' cow pie policy. scion is targeted to young first time buyers who might be intimidated by high pressure haggling. they promise one price across the board to attract these young, inexperienced buyers. now that these buyers are used to not having to haggle, when they grow up and are ready for a 4 door sedan or another grown up car, they're likely to get a toyota because its what they are used to, and they are likely to not haggle as much or as hard because its what they are used to. to all those who paid more than msrp and didnt haggle the price of 'extras', im glad you are financially stable enough to afford it, and im glad you feel the car was worth the price because that extra $ is going in somebody's pocket to pay their bills and put food on their table, but for me, i will never pay more than i have to. only option i got on mine was a tada san signed dash board which cost me $1 (for a silver sharpie).
that_one_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to that_one_guy For This Useful Post:
orthojoe (12-29-2012)
Old 12-29-2012, 05:48 PM   #64
Khánh

Drives: sc00ter
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Well I considered those as mark ups even though the scion dealers try to justify it as "add-ons", but a valid point none the less lol. I too wanted a basic one and it's hard to find, most of them are slapping on tints, clear bras, etc.

That's what she said...?
haha i only paid for carpet mats which is only $95 so I'm happy tints and other craps, they installed those to find a way to raise the prices of fr-s..

haha yes and thats what she said hahaha

Quote:
It's not technically a mark up. They just add "options" to it (tint for 700, clear bra for $$, etc etc). The dealer I went to had tint, an "alarm system", clear bra, and trunk mats and it was 30K before anything. They also try to tell you that they can't remove the options....
Quote:
it's not raining yet so i went out for a cruise.. gonna leave it at home and gonna drive my honda down to oc haha

Quote:
Lol, I think most people prefer to not get their cars wet here in SoCal. And usually when we cruise down here, it's generally nice weather. I know alot of the SoCal guys do canyon runs and what not too. Wish I had my frs already. It's waiting for me somewhere out there lol

what color are u looking for? talk to Jeff @xravexboix and he'll help you get the car you want without any hassle
Khánh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #65
OmarGC
My FR-S has 5 gears

Drives: FRS/280z/Tundra
Thanked 1,065 Times in 572 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
25900, 26335 after titling/tags. I was tax exempt. Car: whiteout w/bespoke, rear bumper apl, and trunk mat

2JZ - 6870 - stock block - 1000whp?

Instagram: 2jzus
OmarGC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:16 PM   #66
orthojoe

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by that_one_guy View Post
to all those who paid more than msrp and didnt haggle the price of 'extras', im glad you are financially stable enough to afford it, and im glad you feel the car was worth the price because that extra $ is going in somebody's pocket to pay their bills and put food on their table,
It's got nothing to do with financial stability. It has everything to do with financial stupidity. I don't care what income bracket you are in. $3k is real money. Spending 10-20% above MSRP makes no sense. Plain and simple. Expendable income is going out the window now that the majority of Californians have decided that raising taxes and wasteful spending is the best thing to do. If the markup is worth it to you, then fine. Just admit that you're a chump. Don't try to convince everyone that it's only $3k.

Dealerships can do what they want. I can't say I blame them. The only reason markups work is because people will pay for it. If they can fleece people easily, why not? I would. It's certainly well within their right. That extra money they make is not going to pay the bills and put food on the table. It's going to pay the extra taxes that California levied on the owner of the dealership. In the end, nobody is better off. Just a whole bunch of money wasted.

Last edited by orthojoe; 12-29-2012 at 09:25 PM.
orthojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #67
kthxbai

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S M/T
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
I live in Florida and got my whiteout FR-S for a little over $27k OTD. One suggestion would be to checkout Longo Toyota in SoCal, they seem to move a bunch of FR-S`s so they may have what you want in stock....if you don't mind the drive.

Found this thread with updates on what they have coming in... http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21867

Stay optimistic and do not settle for anything less (or more) than what you want. My fiance got the dealership to give us $1k for my `96 Mustang that had 250k miles and a plethora of things wrong with it. They originally offered $500 and told them we were willing to walk over $500.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:35 PM   #68
chadstyle

Drives: 2013 Subaru BR-Z Limited
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mashal View Post
Poor mans brz, hahah you brz owners are too full of yourself .
And for a custom interior , I could get ship skin on everything for 1200$.

Sometimes it's not about the price difference , most people that chose the FRS over the BRZ is because that was the closest thing to the AE86, atleast that was the case for me .

If the gt86 was down here , no one would bother looking at either the FRS or the BRZ.
I'm not calling it a "poor man's BRZ"...I was quoting other threads on the forums. I'm saying that I think the limited is worth the price difference if you're using the car for daily driving. If you track the car primarily I would choose the FR-S. It's all subjective to what you're using the car for.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #69
butdamnbrian

Drives: 13 gbs brz
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
everyone in ca should really be shopping in the northeast... dealers are offering sub-invoice pricing there. as of earlier in december, there's a surplus of brz cars on the lot, a lot of snow, and few buyers interested in a rwd compact. i cannot stress this enough. cars.com provides the leads, and a few e-mails go a long way in negotiations. it's a no-brainer.